Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do you think had the best Draft this year????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bears54

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Who do you think had the best Draft this year???? Reply with quote

I just would like to see who you guys think had the best draft....Who in your opinion nailed it on most of their picks....

I really liked a couple of teams draft picks....I would have to go with Rams, Cardinals and the Eagles....

Rams
Tavon Austin (WR)
Alec Olgetree (LB)
TJ McDonald (S)
S. Bailey (WR)
Barrett Jones (C)
Brandon McGee (CB)
Z. Stacy (RB)

Cardinals
J. Cooper (OG)
K. Minter (LB)
T. Mathieu (CB)
A. Okafor (DE)
E. Watford (OG)
S. Taylor (RB)
R. Swope (WR)
A. Ellington (RB)
D. Jefferson (TE)

Eagles
L. Johnson (OT)
Z. Ertz (TE)
B. Logan (DT)
M. Barkley (QB)
E. Wolffe (S)
J. Kruger (DE)
J. Poyer (CB)
D. King (DE)

I really like the Rams draft alot. The last 2 years for them they have drafted extremely well.
MiBears4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: IMHO Reply with quote

I agree with you about the Cardinals. I have them rated #1. I couple of other teams are the Washington:

David Amerson
Jordan Reed
Phillip Thomas
Chris Thompson
Brandon Jenkins
Bacarri Rambo
Jawan Jamison

Eagles:

Lane Johnson
Zach Ertz
Bennie Logan
Matt Barkley
Earl Wolff
Joe Kruger
Jordan Poyer
David King

I do have the NY Jets rated highly to with

Dee Milliner
Sheldon Richardson
Geno Smith
Brian Winters
Oday Aboushi
Tommy Bohanon

I have trouble understanding taking Geno Smith.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Oakland’s draft…they take a risk on a very talented DB in DJ Hayden who could be the best CB in this draft…get a high upside OT who may have a future at LT in Menelik Watson…Sio Moore could be a star at WLB given his athletic ability and versatility to play the run and pass effectively…Tyler Wilson will compete right off the bat with Matt Flynn and if they get Wilson from his junior year he will win out…Nick Kasa is another high potential pick who will instantly upgrade their blocking from the TE position…Latavius Murray is a big time sleeper…great athlete and very productive…him and McFadden in a power blocking scheme should be really good…in the 7th I think they did a great job of taking high upside in Brice Butler at WR and out and out production in David Bass at DE…given how handcuffed they are with dead money against the cap they aren’t going to do much this year but this draft puts some pieces in place for the future…

The Steelers had the most underrated draft of anyone I think…they get Jarvis Jones who if he decided not to run the 40 would have more than likely went top 10 given his play speed is far quicker than 4.9…he fills a big need for them and he doesn’t need to convert from DE…Le'Veon Bell was a reach in the 2nd round but he fits the style of offence they want to run…Markus Wheaton is Mike Wallace 2.0…Shamarko Thomas was an outstanding pick who can freelance like Troy in the future…Landry Jones is good value where they got him and can be developed…Terry Hawthorne is a really nice fit in their zone blitzing D…even in the 7th round they got a high upside Dlinemen in Nick Williams…very good draft IMO…

49ers also knocked it out the part altho it’s pretty easy to do that when you don’t really have any holes on your team and a ton of picks…Eric Reid was a reach IMO but fills a need…adding Tank Carradine & Corey Lemonier to that front 7 is almost unfair.
blair18

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget, niners grabbed vance mcdonald and quinton patton as well.

Thanks to Lionsmack for the sig
Sugashane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota had a possible powerhouse of a draft.
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
topwop1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me a homer but I really liked the Bears draft. Addressed some key positions with a lot of high upside prospects.

Besides that I really liked the Chargers draft. They got what appears to be 3 first round talents (Fluker, Te'o and Allen) with their first 3 picks, and didn't have to mortgage any of their future for those players.

Other that looked good on paper were the Cardinals, Rams, Titans and Vikings.

With that being said it's too hard to determine which team comes out on top immediately following the draft because no one truly knows how these players are going to pan out. Usually it tends to be the less sexy looking drafts that turn out to be the better ones 3-4 years down the road. The jury is out for all 32 teams.
HuskieBear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked what the Cardinals and Titans did in their drafts. Obviously the 49ers had a good one with the sheer number of picks they had. Minnesota got some good talent in the 1st round, but their trade left them with little else outside of that.
Bears54

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Hmmm.... Reply with quote

I think the Vikings had a nice draft.....I would of rather have traded up around #36 or #37 if I was the Vikings and would of drafted Robert Woods and still would of had my 3rd round draft pick. Probably would of taken their 2nd and 4th rounder to pull it off......

To me Robert Woods was the most NFL ready WR in the draft. As far as reading defenses, running routes, hands, and speed....I think he was the best overall WR in the draft. He reminded me a lot of Ex-USC WR steve smith....
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the way the end of our draft ended I cant really say a team did that much better then we did when just comparing value. Other teams had a lot more picks then we did.
Bears54

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Hmmm.... Reply with quote

To me Kyle Long was a reach especially when he is battling for the RG position. We could of drafted Xavier Rhodes with the #20 pick and drafted Brian Winters or Larry Warford with the #50 pick........we still would of drafted Khaseen Greene in the 4th round......

1st round- Xavier Rhodes (CB)
2nd round- Brian Winters or Larry Warford (OG)
4th round- Khaseen Greene (OLB)
5th round- Washington (DE)
6th round- Jordan Mills (RT)
7th round- Wilson (WR)

When you can draft a Top 10 player and the #2 CB in the Draft at the #20 position, you have to pull the trigger especially when its a need on our team. Kyle Long was rated as the 4th best OG and I argue that he was the 6th best OG behind Cooper, Warmack, Pugh, Warford, and battling with Winters for the #5 spot.....Rhodes would of been my pick.

I would of liked this much better than the draft we did. Kyle Long may be the truth and may develop into a pro bowl RG or RT down the line, but take him with the #20 overall pick with only 11 starts at Oregon and being a JUCO transfer, seems like a huge gamble and reach to me.

With my draft we secure a TOP notch CB who is 6'2, play man to man coverage well and runs a 4.3.....can cover Calvin Johnson, Jordy Nelson, and Greg Jennings for us. We get a starting RG for us who comes with a nice resume in the 2nd round and we still get our LB in the 4th round....
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really love what Miami was able to do. When you're able to land a player as talented as Dion Jordan then come back and grab a first round talent in Jamar Taylor, that's a win. They also got studs in Dallas Thomas and Will Davis, plus my favorite back in Mike Gillislee and a heckuva coverage LB in Jelani Jenkins. They had the best haul, in my opinion.

Buffalo also had a great draft even though I don't think Manuel was the best QB in the class (Tyler Wilson or Mike Glennon were my guys). Woods was easily one of my favorite receivers, he reminds me of Greg Jennings coming out of WMU so much and Marquise Goodwin was another guy I absolutely love. Then they're still able to add one of my top-five receivers in this class in Da'Rick Rogers for absolutely nothing -- yeah, there's no reason why Buffalo's passing game can't contend now. Also, Kiko Alonso is one helluva athletic LB and Duke Williams was being criminally underrated.

Baltimore had an incredible draft picking up Arthur Brown in the 2nd round and while I'm not totally sold on Matt Elam, he went to the perfect place to become a star in this league. John Simon was a solid pick and Brandon Williams was an absolute steal. Then they add guys like Juszcyk and Mellette and you easily have one of the best hauls out there.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
MiBears4

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Value Reply with quote

I think the Cardinals did the best. It was followed by the Jets and Redskins. I know the Jets took Geno Smith but he was a great value where the picked him. To paraphase Madden when you have 6 QB, you don't have any.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask this question again in three years.
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole NFC West had the best draft.. Jesus They were once a laughing stock, now they have arguably 2 superbowl contenders.
Duff Man

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Steelers would have drafted maybe Rhodes or Datone Jones @ 17 instead of Jarvis, I would say that they easily had the best draft. I'm a lot higher on Shamarko Thomas than a lot of people though ..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: