Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 running backs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FabrizioHC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still have Hester on the roster.

My guess is he takes Lance Ball's spot and becomes the short yardage back and takes the spot Gronkowski left as a fullback.

Then Montee Ball as the starter, he has all offseason and preseason to prove he can protect Peyton. Then, Hillman as the change of pace back. With both Moreno and McGahee fighting for a roster spot, my guess being Moreno makes the roster since he's younger, cheaper and had good production with a lot less fumbles.

Jeremiah Johnson has 2 options. Make the roster or get cut since he can't be a PS player any more. Fannin has the talent, but he's made of glass. So, CJ Anderson has the best shot at making the PS, maybe even the roster.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
It's a numbers game. They can't all stay.

I'd think Knowshon would be available as a trade throughout camp. Lots of teams have camp injuries at RB. I'd think someone would cough up a 4th or 5th for him.

I think we end up with Willis, two Balls Wink , and a Hillman.

Let me get this. The Broncos are going to keep 4 running backs even though last season we kept 5? Lets say we do keep 4 instead of 5 to address broncos67's concern.
Mcgahee, Ball, Moreno and Hillman make the team. Pray tell, exactly which player are we taking from another position? Even if we kept five, we still would not be taking from another position based on last year's roster make up.

Finally Akrna, believes that the team will choose to keep a lesser talent in Lance Ball over Moreno. Cutting Moreno will be more of a cap hit than cutting Lance who doesnt count against the cap. I dont see it.
Moreno proved his value last year. In my view, one of Mcgahee or Ball will be the top back. The other will be #2. Hillman is #3 and Moreno is #4. We keep are backs fresh and in case of injury, we know Knoshown can step up.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

I'd think Knowshon would be available as a trade throughout camp. Lots of teams have camp injuries at RB. I'd think someone would cough up a 4th or 5th for him.

Let me get this. The Broncos are going to keep 4 running backs even though last season we kept 5? Lets say we do keep 4 instead of 5 to address broncos67's concern.
Mcgahee, Ball, Moreno and Hillman make the team. Pray tell, exactly which player are we taking from another position? Even if we kept five, we still would not be taking from another position based on last year's roster make up.

Finally Akrna, believes that the team will choose to keep a lesser talent in Lance Ball over Moreno. Cutting Moreno will be more of a cap hit than cutting Lance who doesnt count against the cap. I dont see it.
Moreno proved his value last year. In my view, one of Mcgahee or Ball will be the top back. The other will be #2. Hillman is #3 and Moreno is #4. We keep are backs fresh and in case of injury, we know Knoshown can step up.

Sorry, but I never mentioned cutting Moreno. I think he's great trade material. If nothing arises I'm sure he'll be here.

Please be more accurate in your descriptions of my opinion. The bolded is an absolute misrepresentation of what I said.

C'mon mke, you're better than that.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Sorry, but I never mentioned cutting Moreno. I think he's great trade material. If nothing arises I'm sure he'll be here.

Please be more accurate in your descriptions of my opinion. The bolded is an absolute misrepresentation of what I said.

C'mon mke, you're better than that.

My bad, was not my intention to do that. I apologize. I read your view that we might trade Moreno and keep Lance as the equivalent of Broncos not wanting him on the team in favor of Lance. Obviously as you have correctly pointed out, that is not necessarily the implication. Cheers.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:

My bad, was not my intention to do that. I apologize. I read your view that we might trade Moreno and keep Lance as the equivalent of Broncos not wanting him on the team in favor of Lance. Obviously as you have correctly pointed out, that is not necessarily the implication. Cheers.

No apology necessary bud.

On to the discussion, LB is cheap, durable, decent RB and has no trade value.

Knowshon on the otherhand is better than Ball in every category except durability. He does though have some trade value.

Willis has no trade value and is increasingly susceptible to fumbles and injuries.

Enter Montee Ball. Durable, competent, almost never fumbles. Seems to me he'll be our "bell cow" back for quite a while. I'm guessing he'll be our starting RB day 1.

Hillman is Hillman, a scat back that I'm hoping makes great strides this year.

Anyway, just my two cents.
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Knowshon on the otherhand is better than Ball in every category except durability. He does though have some trade value.

Willis has no trade value and is increasingly susceptible to fumbles and injuries.

Enter Montee Ball. Durable, competent, almost never fumbles. Seems to me he'll be our "bell cow" back for quite a while. I'm guessing he'll be our starting RB day 1.

Ok. I can see the reasoning behind your earlier comment. If the Broncos traded Moreno based on this, then I would have no issue with it. My issue is with those who think either Moreno or Mcgahee must be cut strictly for footballing reasons or because "we cant keep them all." Haven't seen the logic there.

If the Broncos believe they can get a worthy draft pick for Moreno knowing they have no intention of signing him to a new contract and with the knowledge that Ball, Mcgahee and Hillman are more than adequate to carry the load then I guess Knowshown would be gone.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Ok. I can see the reasoning behind your earlier comment. If the Broncos traded Moreno based on this, then I would have no issue with it. My issue is with those who think either Moreno or Mcgahee must be cut strictly for footballing reasons or because "we cant keep them all." Haven't seen the logic there.

If the Broncos believe they can get a worthy draft pick for Moreno knowing they have no intention of signing him to a new contract and with the knowledge that Ball, Mcgahee and Hillman are more than adequate to carry the load then I guess Knowshown would be gone.

We agree. Very Happy
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather keep 4 RB's on the team then 5. We could then use that roster spot on a player like a CB or LB, who might actually play ST's.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
I would rather keep 4 RB's on the team then 5. We could then use that roster spot on a player like a CB or LB, who might actually play ST's.

That's my thought process too. I think Denver is going to keep a fair amount of DL and DBs on this roster.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see us keeping Willis, Montee, Hillman, and Hester.

McGahee over Moreno because he has a better understanding of the offense and more experience.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with broncosfan07...

McGahee will start (at least at the beginning) with Montee Ball and Hillman spelling him at times. Hester will be the 4th RB because of ST's purposes. Moreno/Lance Ball/Johnson all get cut. Fanin plays on PS because of his injuries last year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I personally think Montee Ball is the starting, every-down back beginning in week 1. Hillman is also a lock to make the roster. The other two spots, however, will come down to training camp. I expect one of McGahee and Moreno to get cut, the other to make the team.

Could not agree more. Actually, I was going to say something similar. I think after TC, Ball is the guy.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Moreno and McGahee are battling each other for the last spot.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
I agree with broncosfan07...

McGahee will start (at least at the beginning) with Montee Ball and Hillman spelling him at times. Hester will be the 4th RB because of ST's purposes. Moreno/Lance Ball/Johnson all get cut. Fanin plays on PS because of his injuries last year.

probably correct however with a caveat IMO.

Have Ball taking the bulk of the work by the 4th week, keeping Willis fairly fresh. A healthy and fresh Willis probably would have gotten us over the hump against the Ravens.
daineraider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys wanting to cut mcgahee are crazy. He is your best rb since Davis. He can truck stick and then have enough speed to get to the endzone. Everytime we play against him I'm worried he can bust out on any run. Moreno isnt even close to him as a runner I don't care about the age.

Ball and mcgahee will be a scary combo with Hillman as a change of pace back. I hope your fo cuts mcgahee but I think it would be a mistake.

Sigged by Jamison

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: