Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 running backs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: 2013 running backs Reply with quote

Which RBs make the final roster?

Currently, there are 8 RBs on the team. Only 4 or 5 will be there by the regular season start.
W.McGahee -- starter, gets 10-15 carries/game
M. Ball -- first off the bench, gets 5-10 carries/game
K. Moreno -- one more year?
R. Hillman -- mid-field back, gets 5-10 carries/game
L. Ball -- cut
M. Fannin -- can he still be on practice squad
J. Johnson -- cut
C.J. Anderson -- practice squad?
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think Montee Ball is the starting, every-down back beginning in week 1. Hillman is also a lock to make the roster. The other two spots, however, will come down to training camp. I expect one of McGahee and Moreno to get cut, the other to make the team.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
whenmidgetsatak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I personally think Montee Ball is the starting, every-down back beginning in week 1. Hillman is also a lock to make the roster. The other two spots, however, will come down to training camp. I expect one of McGahee and Moreno to get cut, the other to make the team.

Agree 100%. Montee Ball will lead the Broncos in carries next year by a good margin.

^This guy is our forum mod
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess, if we carry 5 running backs:

1. Montee Ball
2. Hillman
3. Mcgahee
4. Moreno
5. Fanin (in the full back role)

Cuts:
*Lance Ball cut
* Johnson will either be cut or practice squad if still eligible.
* CJ's only chance is practice squad
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee/Montee/Hillman are the guys carrying the ball..

Moreno or Lance Ball get cut. I say Moreno, been saying it since January.

However, I hope Lance Ball gets cut so we only have one "Ball" at RB. This whole thing of writing first and last name is tiring.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
McGahee/Montee/Hillman are the guys carrying the ball..

Moreno or Lance Ball get cut. I say Moreno, been saying it since January.

However, I hope Lance Ball gets cut so we only have one "Ball" at RB. This whole thing of writing first and last name is tiring.

The only problem with that is that Lance Ball will rarely, if ever, see the field.

Montee Ball = Ball

Lance Ball = Lance Ball

Anything that clearly doesnt discern between the two should just be assumed as Montee.

^This guy is our forum mod
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you gentleman follow football?

If healthy McGahee is the starter for two reasons: 1)He has Peyton Manning's trust and 2) He picks up blitzes.

McGahee will start
Moreno will back him up for the exact reason I mentioned above
Hillman change of pace
Montay (that is how he wants it pronounced) will play when he earns Peyton's trust

C.J. on the practice squad -everyone else cut
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:

If healthy McGahee is the starter for two reasons: 1)He has Peyton Manning's trust and 2) He picks up blitzes.

McGahee will start
Hillman change of pace
Montay (that is how he wants it pronounced) will play when he earns Peyton's trust

Yes I agree with this. Basically the same as mine. Only difference is I still hold out hope for Fanin as a dark horse.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:

McGahee will start
Hillman change of pace

One of McGahee/Moreno is not going to be on the team. McGahee might start, but they didn't spend a second rounder on Montee Ball for him to sit behind Knowshon Moreno, I can guarantee you that.

Thanks, Tzimisce
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can guarantee all you want, but Moreno and McGahee both pick up the blitzes and with a 37 year old QB I don't care if you picked a guy in the 2nd, he will NOT play until he can keep Manning upright. That is a fact.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:

You can guarantee all you want, but Moreno and McGahee both pick up the blitzes and with a 37 year old QB I don't care if you picked a guy in the 2nd, he will NOT play until he can keep Manning upright. That is a fact.

Okay, and if he shows he can pick up blitzes, which he can, he's going to be the starter pretty quickly.

Thanks, Tzimisce
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't hold my breathe.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
ToastedOats wrote:

McGahee will start
Hillman change of pace

One of McGahee/Moreno is not going to be on the team. McGahee might start, but they didn't spend a second rounder on Montee Ball for him to sit behind Knowshon Moreno, I can guarantee you that.

I dont understand this logic at all? Both Mcgahee and Moreno are under contract at reasonable numbers. There is absolutely no need to cut either one. If Montee Ball impresses very early, he pushes both down the pecking order not off team. We have gone half a season without dressing Knoshown. Who is to say we dont do it again?

This idea that both Moreno and Mcgahee can't be on the team makes no logical sense. Mcgahee is still a tough runner who can contribute. Remember Ball is still an unproven rookie. As high as the team is on him, better to be safe than sorry. Also, injuries happen. Knowshown can be there for insurance.

Why would we cut one of Willis or Moreno to keep a less talented back? I think we keep all four and next year both Mcgahee and Moreno are gone but not this year.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
ToastedOats wrote:

McGahee will start
Hillman change of pace

I dont understand this logic at all? Both Mcgahee and Moreno are under contract at reasonable numbers. There is absolutely no need to cut either one. If Montee Ball impresses very early, he pushes both down the pecking order not off team. We have gone half a season without dressing Knoshown. Who is to say we dont do it again?

This idea that both Moreno and Mcgahee can't be on the team makes no logical sense. Mcgahee is still a tough runner who can contribute. Remember Ball is still an unproven rookie. As high as the team is on him, better to be safe than sorry. Also, injuries happen. Knowshown can be there for insurance.

Why would we cut one of Willis or Moreno to keep a less talented back? I think we keep all four and next year both Mcgahee and Moreno are gone but not this year.

Montee Ball is better than Knowshon Moreno. I'm just saying, I don't know if we need four running backs on this team, and honestly, we don't really need Knowshon at all. Having an extra guy there means that we lose a guy at another position. I just don't see it.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a numbers game. They can't all stay.

I'd think Knowshon would be available as a trade throughout camp. Lots of teams have camp injuries at RB. I'd think someone would cough up a 4th or 5th for him.

I think we end up with Willis, two Balls Wink , and a Hillman.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: