Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 vs 2013 Starting line-ups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: 2012 vs 2013 Starting line-ups Reply with quote

Just wanted to give a comparison of the two starting line ups (potentially)

2012 ------------------------------2013

Offense

Tannehill ---------QB----------Tannehill
Bush---------------RB-------------Miller
Lane---------------FB-------------Lane
Hartline-----------WR1----------Wallace
Bess--------------WR2----------Hartline
Naanee-----------WR3----------Gibson
Fasano------------TE-------------Keller
Long---------------LT------------Martin
Incognito----------LG------------Lewis
Pouncey-----------C------------Pouncey
Jerry---------------RG-----------Incognito
Martin--------------RT-----------Garner

Defense

Odrick-------------DE------------Jordan
Wake--------------DE------------Wake
Starks-------------DT------------Starks
Soliei--------------DT------------Soliei
Burnett------------OLB----------Wheeler
Dansby------------MLB-----------Ellerbe
Misi----------------OLB------------Misi
Smith--------------CB------------Grimes
Marshall-----------CB------------Taylor
Jones--------------S--------------Jones
Clemons-----------S-------------Clemons

There are a lot of changes, but it wouldn't make much sense to go into the season with the same roster that manage to stay under .500 the past few seasons. I think most of the changes are for the better, but it is clear the O-line needs a little more work.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Dolphins stabilize the OT situation and get good QB play they are a playoff team. Only exception is key injuries. The talent is there.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall a better team. Faster, smarter, and more physical.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt we are a better team. Also pleasently surprised by Ireland's performance.

Given all the new players though, I don't feel it is going to amount to many more wins. It takes time for a team to gell. Only time will tell and I hope I'm wrong. We have a tough schedule and teams like the Ravens and Steelers are no easy road to a wildcard berth.

I think we will see Dallas make the starting line up.....or we will sign another FA player or two.....like Winston and McKinnie.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ57 wrote:
No doubt we are a better team. Also pleasently surprised by Ireland's performance.

Given all the new players though, I don't feel it is going to amount to many more wins. It takes time for a team to gell. Only time will tell and I hope I'm wrong. We have a tough schedule and teams like the Ravens and Steelers are no easy road to a wildcard berth.

I think we will see Dallas make the starting line up.....or we will sign another FA player or two.....like Winston and McKinnie.

see 49ers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this team is going to field the best team since 2008, maybe even better! If we can sign Winston (we're talking again) then I can really see a winning season

Jarvis "Juice" Landry
2014 Stats: 0 REC 0YDS 0TDS
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are a better ball club now, then we were a year ago. I think we need to bring it all togther and hope we are not plagued by injuries.

I think that if the stars perfom, Tanny can turn the corner and Miller can pick up where Bush left off (doesnt have to be Bush) just needs to be able to play the spot. We will be fine.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking over that roster I think these are my thoughts...

1. I think we got a little bit of an upgrade in talent from last year.

Bush--------------->-------------Miller
Hartline-----------<----------Wallace
Bess--------------<----------Hartline
Naanee-----------<----------Gibson
Fasano------------<-------------Keller
Long--------------->------------Martin
Incognito----------=------------Lewis
Jerry---------------<-----------Incognito
Martin-------------->-----------Garner

Odrick-------------<------------Jordan
Burnett------------=----------Wheeler
Dansby------------>-----------Ellerbe
Smith--------------=------------Grimes
Marshall-----------=------------Taylor

Overall the new talent is better than the old talent a little bit. Most of the positions I would call downgrades are really only slight downgrades and many of the upgrades are major ones, Especially Wallace and Jordan!

2. We got younger! this team continues to get younger and injury riddle guys are going away. Trading out Long for Martin may be a downside move, but if Martin can take the next step, then he may be a better option than the hobbled Long was last year. Especially when you take into account the 3rd thing I notice, which may be the most significant upgrade over last year...

3. We are now built to run the scheme we want to run. Half our players last year didn't fit the scheme. Fasano, Long, Dansby, Smith, etc. What we lost in overall talent at these positions we gained in scheme fit and youth. Every player we picked up was an upgrade in scheme fit.

4. We have more depth. Special Teams and depth is important, and adding guys like Jenkins to be a nickle linebacker and special teams guy, and Sturgis to take over the kicking job, and bringing in some linemen and DB's is all going to make this team better by adding depth.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense should be stronger then last season with more sacks and turnovers. Our offense certainly has more play making potential, however how good our offense is will have to do with how good Tannehill is.

The offensive line is our clear weakness and lacks solid players. We have alot of depth but only one good player. Martin I'm sure will improve but that still just gives us one viable starting OT. If Miami can land Winston or Albert then I think it will all be on Tannehill shoulders to make us a play off team in 2013.

Ireland has done a good job giving us more playmaking ability on both sides of the football. I like how there is competition on all positions as well, like it or not no matter how much talent we have if Tannehill doesn't make a big jump we will still be sitting home for the playoffs.
stepover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't expect Jordan to start at DE. He will be the 3rd down DE this year and on some special teams packages with his height but there's no way he will be start ahead of Odrick game 1 first down I don't think.

Overall I think the offense this year is a big big upgrade and importantly the personnel now matches the scheme. If we can add winston at RT I think we're set. I love the look of this offense.

The D is almost unrecognisable but crucially we kept the front 4 together (and upgraded it). Hopefully the back end of the D will gel quickly. Certainly our depth at CB is much improved from training camp last year and hopefully Reshad Jones continues his improvement and develops into one of the premier safeties in the game.

Special teams should also be improved. We already have arguably the best punter in the game. Now we're going into camp with a veteran kicker competing with the best kicker in the draft.
AngryFinFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stepover wrote:
Don't expect Jordan to start at DE. He will be the 3rd down DE this year and on some special teams packages with his height but there's no way he will be start ahead of Odrick game 1 first down I don't think.

Overall I think the offense this year is a big big upgrade and importantly the personnel now matches the scheme. If we can add winston at RT I think we're set. I love the look of this offense.

The D is almost unrecognisable but crucially we kept the front 4 together (and upgraded it). Hopefully the back end of the D will gel quickly. Certainly our depth at CB is much improved from training camp last year and hopefully Reshad Jones continues his improvement and develops into one of the premier safeties in the game.

Special teams should also be improved. We already have arguably the best punter in the game. Now we're going into camp with a veteran kicker competing with the best kicker in the draft.

You don't draft someone 3rd overall and give up a 2nd rder to do so and start him off as a situational player. Make no mistake about it, Jordan is a day one starter. I see us running more 3-4 looks this year for sure.
stepover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryFinFan wrote:
stepover wrote:

You don't draft someone 3rd overall and give up a 2nd rder to do so and start him off as a situational player. Make no mistake about it, Jordan is a day one starter. I see us running more 3-4 looks this year for sure.

We'll see - remember this is a guy coming off shoulder surgery who will miss a number of OTAs because of Oregon's semester structure and who for both those reasons is likely to not be physically or mentally (ie playbook) ready. Plus it's not like players like Odrick and Vernon are scrubs. I think he will start as a situational rusher and be gently phased into the team and to be honest I will be perfectly happy with that - fans need to be patient even if he is a high draft pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: