Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Duke's Projected 53 Man Roster
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: The Duke's Projected 53 Man Roster Reply with quote

QB: Andy Dalton, John Skelton
RB: Benjarvus Green-Ellis, Gio Bernard, Rex Burkhead, Cedric Peerman
FB: Orson Charles (H-Back)
WR: AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Kevin Whalen
WR: Mohammed Sanu, Andrew Hawkins, Brandon Tate
TE: Jermaine Gresham, Tyler Eifert, Alex Smith
LT: Andrew Whitworth, Anthony Collins
LG: Travelle Wharton, Tanner Hawkinson
C: Kyle Cook, Trevor Robinson
RG: Kevin Zeitler
RT: Andre Smith, Dennis Roland

LDE: Carlos Dunlap, Robert Geathers
NDT: Domata Peko, Brandon Thompson
UDT: Geno Atkins, Devon Still
RDE: Michael Johnson, Wallace Gilberry, Margus Hunt
WLB: Vontaze Burfict, Sean Porter, Emannuel Lemur
MLB: Rey Maualuga
SLB: James Harrison, Dontay Moch
CB: Leon Hall, Adam Jones, Brandon Ghee
FS: Reggie Nelson, George Iloka
SS: Shawn Williams, Jeromy Miles
CB: Terrence Newman, Dre Kirkpatrick, Shaun Prater

LS: Clark Harris
K: Mike Nugent
P: Kevin Huber

Practice Squad:
Reid Fragel, OL
TJ Johnson, C
Cobi Hamilton, WR
DaQuin Evans, DE
Clark Lewis-Harris, CB
JK Shaffer, LB
Undetermined QB

Notable cuts:
Chris Pressley, FB
Aaron Maybin, LB
Clint Boling, G
Jammal Anderson, DE
Taylor Mays, S
Robert Sands, S
Dane Sanzenbacher, WR

Note, this is not what I want, but what I think happens. Most notably, cutting Chris Pressley is going to be a big mistake.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
sparky151

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Burkhead beating out Herron if Boom keeps coming close to punt blocks. Also doubt Hawkinson beats out Boling. They might also go 7 LBs with 9 DBs instead of 6 and 10.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
I don't see Burkhead beating out Herron if Boom keeps coming close to punt blocks. Also doubt Hawkinson beats out Boling. They might also go 7 LBs with 9 DBs instead of 6 and 10.

I absolutely see Burkhead making this team. The only way I don't see him is if he doesn't add to ST.

I find it very interesting that you let Boling go. I just don't see it. If Warton goes down, we don't have a G with any experience. I don't like that idea.

I hate the idea of getting rid of Pressley. I would prefer we cut Alex Smith and leave Pressley.

I know we don't love Mays, but I see him sticking around. His special teams ability keeps him IMO

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Hokie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way Boling doesn't make this team. He probably starts in week 1. I'd be surprised if Mays got cut as well, and I really doubt Hawkinson makes the active 46 man roster often (if at all) this season.
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Boling is the starter. Hawkinson is probably on the PS.

Alex Smith is cut with Orson Charles being a H-Back/TE. Pressley makes the team. The team still values FB's.

Also, for some reason the team will start Jeromy Miles just because he has experience. Not that it's particularly valuable experience, but experience none-the-less. Hopefully Shawn Williams or George Iloka takes that spot fairly quickly. I just don't see any rookies starters among the bunch.

Other than that, i think it's pretty good. Most of the team is pretty well set, and that's a very good thing.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Joiner makes the practice squad. Boling had a pretty good year last year, hard to imagine them not keeping him as the starter. I think they try to find a way to keep all 4 tight ends. maybe go short on receiver? Or maybe I'm grasping at straws to cut Tate.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way we cut Boling. I think we cut Tate and Wharton TBH. I also expect Hamilton to make the team.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Boling was terrible last year. Just as bad or worse than the C spot on the whole, and outplayed by Trevor Robinson. I could see Wharton getting cut, but if he is healthy, I fully expect him to take back that starting LG spot, because he is better than the other guards not named Zeitler. Collins has played a little G in the past if Hawkinson isn't ready and they don't want to put Robinson there.

I want Hamilton to make the team over Tate, I just don't see it happening. Whalen's special teams play will keep him around.

With the expected many two TE sets, I think we barely see a FB on the field, and the Bengals making the bad mistake of cutting Pressley, whom I am a big fan of. For a part time FB, I think they just use Charles. Alex Smith is a capable all around back up, I don't think he gets cut. They could maybe go with just 5 WR with Hamilton on the practice squad, but I don't think they do that.

The only way Mays makes this team is as a WLB. He can't cover and he is just as likely to blow up his own team mate as the opposing ball carrier from back there. He'd have to beat out Lemur to make the team imo.

Burkhead is going to be a special teams stud. Peerman > Boom.

ark23

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Boling wasn't great last year, but I'd be shocked if he isn't on the roster. He can play three interior offensive line spots and that's valuable in the NFL when you can only have fifty three guys.

I think Fragel makes the roster, he's raw - yes but this guy was a mauler in the run game for Ohio State last year. The one thing is I'm not sure he can play interior offensive line, which hurts because I don't see us keeping five tackles on the active roster.

Ryan Whalen and Tate shouldn't make the roster. They might, but they shouldn't. I think Sanzenbacher and Tyrone Goard or Cobi Hamilton will be there instead of them. Although for some reason this staff seems to like Tate.

Sleeper to make the roster is Jayson DiManche. I think he can beat out Maybin and Joiner and he can even play some DE which makes him valuable. More than likely he's just stashed on the practice squad.

I'm interested to see who makes it out of the logjam at SLB. Moch, DiManche, Maybin and Joiner are all gonna be battling it out with Harrison locked into a spot.

I'm inclined to believe Josh Johnson beats out Skelton. Crazy? Maybe but I think Gruden wants to run some zone read stuff, and he obviously likes him so I think it might be ought there but Johnson has a lot of physical tools.
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
I'm inclined to believe Josh Johnson beats out Skelton. Crazy? Maybe but I think Gruden wants to run some zone read stuff, and he obviously likes him so I think it might be ought there but Johnson has a lot of physical tools.

Where have you heard that?

I don't understand how that plays into the offense at all...

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ark23 wrote:

Where have you heard that?

I don't understand how that plays into the offense at all...

I saw that too, quotes from Gruden right after signing Johnson. But I wouldn't keep him for that reason only. Skelton will beat him out.

Pretty much concur with other comments. Boling will make the team. I think Mays sticks for special teams alone. Pressley makes it over Alex Smith (who had to feel the pain when Eiffert was the pick), Herron over Burkhead on the active roster, with Burkhead to the PS, if Hawkinson beats out anyone, it will be Wharton, and only because of injury. Tate doesn't make it with Bernard able to return punts/kicks (I don't care if he hasn't done it yet). Rey will make the final 53 and Joiner will make the PS.

Like every year, I see a few late round rookies getting "hurt" in camp and stashed at IR (Fragel, Johnson and Hawkinson come to mind)
futbudds

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why they would do it but I would be very displeased if pressley is cut.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
I can see why they would do it but I would be very displeased if pressley is cut.

I would bee furious, but I see the reasoning with Charles size and versatility, and a long following of the Bengals in action. Hell, they already cut Pressley once in hia career.

ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at PFF and I didnt realize just how bad Boling was last year. Our LG/C were awful. Makes me really wish we could have got that center from Cal this weekend. Or Barrett Jones

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing. I think Fragel replaces Roland as the jumbo extra T. Wouldn't it be nice to have a T that can catch the ball in that formation??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: