Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the opening day 53 man roster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Was just listening to the radio and John Keim, Redskins beatwriter for Washington Examiner, soon to be with the Washington Post, was on Hardly Working with Greg Burton here in Richmond, VA. He said the front office had been targeting Amerson and were thrilled when he was there for our pick. We loved his playmaking ability and are making it a big point of emphasis this season. Also, he said he believes Jordan Reed will replace Niles Paul on the roster. He talked to the coaching staff who said they were really disappointed in Paul's development as a TE. Specifically, they were hoping he would provide a receving threat from the position after Davis went down last season, but he didn't step up into the roll and they don't believe he will. Other updates, he said Meriweather still isn't 100% but hopes to be ready by camp. He didn't seem too certain that he'd be ready by camp though (good thing we double dipped at safety). Also, he said Helu had a setback on his turf toe about 3 weeks ago and isn't sure about his status for camp. He believes if these guys aren't healthy both will be gone.
damn that sucks.

You mean if Meriweather and Helu aren't healthy, they will both be gone right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Was just listening to the radio and John Keim, Redskins beatwriter for Washington Examiner, soon to be with the Washington Post, was on Hardly Working with Greg Burton here in Richmond, VA. He said the front office had been targeting Amerson and were thrilled when he was there for our pick. We loved his playmaking ability and are making it a big point of emphasis this season. Also, he said he believes Jordan Reed will replace Niles Paul on the roster. He talked to the coaching staff who said they were really disappointed in Paul's development as a TE. Specifically, they were hoping he would provide a receving threat from the position after Davis went down last season, but he didn't step up into the roll and they don't believe he will. Other updates, he said Meriweather still isn't 100% but hopes to be ready by camp. He didn't seem too certain that he'd be ready by camp though (good thing we double dipped at safety). Also, he said Helu had a setback on his turf toe about 3 weeks ago and isn't sure about his status for camp. He believes if these guys aren't healthy both will be gone.
damn that sucks.

Right. But this is all just from a single beat writer, granted a pretty good one.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
Geronimo

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:

I'm not surprised. We drafted 2 FS/SS, 2 RB and 1 TE, there is a reason.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
damn that sucks.

As Geronimo said, this isn't a surprise. Shanny has shown that if you cannot play, you don't get a seat at the table.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
damn that sucks.

As Geronimo said, this isn't a surprise. Shanny has shown that if you cannot play, you don't get a seat at the table.
yeah. I know, it still sucks though, I want everyone to be healthy and there to be strong competition. Sucks even more because we traded up to get Helu.

The only guy who can't play and they keep around is Rex Grossman. Wink

He can't play and he sticks around. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
damn that sucks.

yeah. I know, it still sucks though, I want everyone to be healthy and there to be strong competition. Sucks even more because we traded up to get Helu.

Its better than signing Tim Tebow.

Redskins FFMD War Room
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
damn that sucks.

Its better than signing Tim Tebow.
Well for sure. Any qb in the world is better than having the circus that follows Tim Tebow everywhere he goes.
Cash

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a lot of you guys penciling Rambo in at SS. Not sure where this came from other than the fact that he was drafted after Thomas maybe?? If you think he's best suited at SS then you need to go watch the tape and read up on his scouting reports. His most experience and his best fit is as a center fielder. Thomas on the other hand I think will really excel as a SS. He is a guy that loves to be around the ball. Fresno St lined him up frequently in the box or even at the line for this reason. He's also a better form tackler than Rambo. Rambo is better though at reading routes and analyzing qbs reads.

With that said the two are almost identical in size and both are ballhawks. Given Haslett's past I could see them moving around a lot to disguise schemes and play to their strengths based on matchups but push come to shove I expect Rambo to be "penciled in" at FS and Thomas at SS.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cash wrote:
I see a lot of you guys penciling Rambo in at SS. Not sure where this came from other than the fact that he was drafted after Thomas maybe?? If you think he's best suited at SS then you need to go watch the tape and read up on his scouting reports. His most experience and his best fit is as a center fielder. Thomas on the other hand I think will really excel as a SS. He is a guy that loves to be around the ball. Fresno St lined him up frequently in the box or even at the line for this reason. He's also a better form tackler than Rambo. Rambo is better though at reading routes and analyzing qbs reads.

With that said the two are almost identical in size and both are ballhawks. Given Haslett's past I could see them moving around a lot to disguise schemes and play to their strengths based on matchups but push come to shove I expect Rambo to be "penciled in" at FS and Thomas at SS.
I totally agree with you, actually I wouldn't be surprised if both Rambo and Thomas are listed as our FS's and Meriweather and Doughty are listed as our SS's when the season starts.

I think the reason that people are listing Rambo as a SS is because NFL.com did for some reason... Confused

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/bacarri-rambo?id=2539234
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins in-depth chart: Defense http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/redskins-depth-chart-defense

Tandler has the breakdown like this.

7 Defensive Lineman

4 inside linebackers

5 outside linebackers

5 corners

4 safeties

From what he says in this article I this prediction would be:

RDE: Bowen, Golston
NT: Cofield, Baker, Neild
LDE: J Jenkins, Carriker

Definitely good completion this year for the starting LDE position between Jenkins and Carriker (if Carriker is healthy). Good competition for the final 3 DL spots between Baker, Brace, Golston, Merling and Neild. It's a question as to who the reserves will actually end up being but I'd say Baker, Golston and Neild have the inside tracks.

ROLB: Orakpo, Jackson, B Jenkins
RILB: Fletcher, Robinson
LILB: Riley, Kehl
LOLB: Kerrigan, Darryl Tapp

RCB: Wilson, EJ Biggers
LCB: Hall, Amerson, Crawford

He said because Minifield has practice squad eligibility and Crawford doesn't, that leads him to believe Crawford will make the team as the 5th cb and Minifield will be put on the practice squad at this point.

SS: Doughty, Phillip Thomas
FS: Meriweather, Rambo

He says the safety situation is up in the air though.

Practice Squad Defenders:

Chase Minifield
Jordan Bernstine
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
damn that sucks.

Helu didn't work out because of injury, not talent. That's something you really cannot predict. Yes, it stinks that we traded up, but A) we didn't give up that much, and B) had he not gotten injured, it would have been a good pick.

Quote:

To be fair, you're comparing a guy with two years of experience with a guy who has nearly ten. For all of Grossman's faults, he has hung around the NFL a long time. In a league that rolls in 7-10 QBs a year, it's kind of impressive that he's had such a long career.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally got around to doing a blog post on the roster and I'll finally show you mine Mknight Laughing like you originally asked instead of me just disagreeing on a few players here or there other guys had on their roster:

OFFENSE:

QB: Robert Griffin III, Kirk Cousins, Pat White

RB: Alfred Morris, Roy Helu, Evan Royster

FB: Darrell Young

TE: Fred Davis, Logan Paulsen, Jordan Reed, Niles Paul

WR: Pierre Garçon, Joshua Morgan, Santana Moss, Leonard Hankerson, Aldrick Robinson, Dezmon Briscoe

LT: Trent Williams, Tom Compton
LG: Kory Lichtensteiger, Josh LeRibeus
C: Will Montgomery
RG: Chris Chester, Maurice Hurt
RT: Tyler Polumbus, Tony Pashos

DEFENSE:

RDE: Stephen Bowen, Kendric Golston
NT: Barry Cofield, Chris Baker, Chris Neild
LDE: Adam Carriker, Jarvis Jenkins

ROLB: Brian Orakpo, Brandon Jenkins
RILB: London Fletcher, Keenan Robinson
LILB: Perry Riley, Bryan Kehl
LOLB: Ryan Kerrigan, Darryl Tapp

RCB: Josh Wilson, EJ Biggers, Richard Crawford
LCB: DeAngelo Hall, David Amerson

SS: Reed Doughty, Phillip Thomas
FS: Brandon Meriweather, Bicarri Rambo

SPECIAL TEAMS:

K: Kai Forbath
P: Sav Rocca
LS: Nick Subdberg
KR: Roy Helu
PR: Richard Crawford

SUSPENDED LIST:

OLB: Rob Jackson

He would have made the team. Darryl Tapp will be cut when Rob Jackson is back for the 5th game of the season.

PUP LIST:

RB: Chris Thompson

When he gets off the PUP list, Royster will be cut.

PRACTICE SQUAD LIST:

FS: Jordan Bernstine
CB: Chase Minifield
ILB: Will Compton
OT: Xaiver Nixon
RB: Jawan Jamison
OLB: Ricky Elmore
WR: Jason Thompson
OG: Adam Gettis

I think all these guys will make our 53 man roster in 2015, but possibly Jawan Jamison because Helu and Chris Thompson will be on the roster.

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun May 05, 2013 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im interested to know why you think Royster will beat out Jamison. Royster hasnt really done anything while with the Redskins. Seems to me they brought Jamison in to take Roysters spot.....

Whats your opinion on Philip Merling? Do you think he has a chance to be in the Dline rotation?

I have Will Compton taking Kehl's spot as a backup ILB....Im starting to regret that. Kehl is a really good ST player, so I will have to agree he will win the spot if none of the UDFAs show out on ST
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Im interested to know why you think Royster will beat out Jamison. Royster hasnt really done anything while with the Redskins. Seems to me they brought Jamison in to take Roysters spot.....

Whats your opinion on Philip Merling? Do you think he has a chance to be in the Dline rotation?

I have Will Compton taking Kehl's spot as a backup ILB....Im starting to regret that. Kehl is a really good ST player, so I will have to agree he will win the spot if none of the UDFAs show out on ST
until I see Jamison play better than Royster, I'll stick with Royster. Royster was bothered by nagging injuries last year also, I'm not sure if he was ever 100%. Royster has been just a reserve for his two years. He's played well on special teams. He did have 2 rushing TDs last year, he's a good receiver and good pass blocker.

When he got to start the last two games two years ago he had 39 rushes, 245 yds and a 6.3 ypc average.

So if you ask me, Royster has shown he can be a good back up. Shanahan takes a Rb or 2 every single draft in the late rounds. He's done that ever since he became in charge of drafting over a decade ago for the broncos.

I do think Merling and Brace have chances to make the team as a reserve DL over Baker, Golston or Neild, but its hard to predict that right now because neither guy has even shown as much as Baker, Golston and Neild have in their times in DC. Merling or Brace are going to have play pretty well to make the team over Baker, Golston or Neild. Add in the fact that Golston is a special teams guy, a great locker room guy and team leader, it's that much harder for those two to replace him.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
So I finally got around to doing a blog post on the roster and I'll finally show you mine Mknight Laughing like you originally asked instead of me just disagreeing on a few players here or there other guys had on their roster:

OFFENSE:

QB: Robert Griffin III, Kirk Cousins, Pat White

RB: Alfred Morris, Roy Helu, Evan Royster

FB: Darrell Young

TE: Fred Davis, Logan Paulsen, Jordan Reed, Niles Paul

WR: Pierre Garçon, Joshua Morgan, Santana Moss, Leonard Hankerson, Aldrick Robinson, Dezmon Briscoe

LT: Trent Williams, Tom Compton
LG: Kory Lichtensteiger, Josh LeRibeus
C: Will Montgomery
RG: Chris Chester, Maurice Hurt
RT: Tyler Polumbus, Tony Pashos

DEFENSE:

RDE: Stephen Bowen, Kendric Golston
NT: Barry Cofield, Chris Baker, Chris Neild
LDE: Adam Carriker, Jarvis Jenkins

ROLB: Brian Orakpo, Brandon Jenkins
RILB: London Fletcher, Keenan Robinson
LILB: Perry Riley, Bryan Kehl
LOLB: Ryan Kerrigan, Darryl Tapp

RCB: Josh Wilson, EJ Biggers, Richard Crawford
LCB: DeAngelo Hall, David Amerson

SS: Reed Doughty, Phillip Thomas
FS: Brandon Meriweather, Bicarri Rambo

SPECIAL TEAMS:

K: Kai Forbath
P: Sav Rocca
LS: Nick Subdberg
KR: Roy Helu
PR: Richard Crawford

SUSPENDED LIST:

OLB: Rob Jackson

He would have made the team. Darryl Tapp will be cut when Rob Jackson is back for the 5th game of the season.

PUP LIST:

RB: Chris Thompson

When he gets off the PUP list, Royster will be cut.

PRACTICE SQUAD LIST:

FS: Jordan Bernstine
CB: Chase Minifield
ILB: Will Compton
OT: Xaiver Nixon
RB: Jawan Jamison
OLB: Ricky Elmore
WR: Jason Thompson
OG: Adam Gettis

I think all these guys will make our 53 man roster in 2015, but possibly Jawan Jamison because Helu and Chris Thompson will be on the roster.
Nice write up. I doubt that Pat White makes the team over Grossman, but since I don't really care either way I won't debate it. Hopefully neither of them ever sees the field. As far as RBs, I can't imagine neither rookie RB making the roster. Royster doesn't really excel at anything and replacing him only gives us upside there. Thompson might make the team as a return man. Also, I can't see Helu returning kicks since he's made of glass. I do like how you've got Mo Hurt making the team. I couldn't find room for him in my 53 because I like Gettis versatility inside more, but I've always liked Hurt. I wonder if Hurt could get a shot at RT this year?

On defense, I'm not 100% sure but doesn't Rob Jackson still count against our roster even while he's suspended? If he doesn't I'll have to adjust my original projection. I don't really have anything against the rest of your defensive roster except that I think you're pretty light on secondary players, especially considering injuries at safety last year. I'd rather give someone like Tanard Jackson or Chase Minnifield a shot than keep around both Niles Paul and Briscoe.

Redskins FFMD War Room

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: