Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the opening day 53 man roster
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 6627
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Predict the opening day 53 man roster Reply with quote

Mine:

QB (3) RG3, Cousins, Grossman
HB (3) Morris, Jamison, Helu
FB (1) Young
TE (3) Davis, Reed, Paulsen
WR (5) Garcon, Morgan, Moss, Hankerson, Robinson
LT (2) Williams, Compton
LG (2) Lich, Leribeus
C (1) Montgomery
RG (2) Chester, Gettis
RT (2) Polumbus, Trueblood
DE (5) Carriker, Bowen, Jenkins, Golston, Worthington
DT (2) Coefield, Baker
OLB (4) Orakpo, Kerrigan, Jackson, Jenkins
MLB (4) Fletcher, Riley, Robinson, Kehl
CB (6) Hall, Wilson, Biggers, Amerson, Crawford, Minnifield
S (5) Meriweather, Jackson, Thomas, Rambo, Doughty
K (1) Forbath
P (1) Rocca
LS (1) - Sundburg

Grossman makes the team due to RG3s injury. Royster is meh, I think Jamison looks good in preseason and beats him out. The kid from FSU will continue to heal from his knee injury either on PUP or practice squad. Helu finally gets healthy and makes the team as the change of pace back. Paul gets beat out by Reed and Paulsen. Don't think we carry a backup Center as several of our guys can play the position. Polumbus gets the starting RT role at the start of the season but may get pushed by someone else later on. Not in love with our depth at DE I hope we pick someone else up there. I might be a bit heavy on the defensive backs but we had a lot of injuries there last year. I could see us cutting Biggers and keeping a 6th WR. Crawford and Robinson will handle PR/KR duties.
_________________


Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MosEisley


Joined: 29 Mar 2013
Posts: 84
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Predict the opening day 53 man roster Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Mine:

QB (3) RG3, Cousins, Grossman
HB (3) Morris, Jamison, Helu
FB (1) Young
TE (3) Davis, Reed, Paulsen
WR (5) Garcon, Morgan, Moss, Hankerson, Robinson
LT (2) Williams, Compton
LG (2) Lich, Leribeus
C (1) Montgomery
RG (2) Chester, Gettis
RT (2) Polumbus, Trueblood
DE (5) Carriker, Bowen, Jenkins, Golston, Worthington
DT (2) Coefield, Baker
OLB (4) Orakpo, Kerrigan, Jackson, Jenkins
MLB (4) Fletcher, Riley, Robinson, Kehl
CB (6) Hall, Wilson, Biggers, Amerson, Crawford, Minnifield
S (5) Meriweather, Jackson, Thomas, Rambo, Doughty
K (1) Forbath
P (1) Rocca
LS (1) - Sundburg

Grossman makes the team due to RG3s injury. Royster is meh, I think Jamison looks good in preseason and beats him out. The kid from FSU will continue to heal from his knee injury either on PUP or practice squad. Helu finally gets healthy and makes the team as the change of pace back. Paul gets beat out by Reed and Paulsen. Don't think we carry a backup Center as several of our guys can play the position. Polumbus gets the starting RT role at the start of the season but may get pushed by someone else later on. Not in love with our depth at DE I hope we pick someone else up there. I might be a bit heavy on the defensive backs but we had a lot of injuries there last year. I could see us cutting Biggers and keeping a 6th WR. Crawford and Robinson will handle PR/KR duties.
Looks good. I would take one out, probably Doughty, and add Chris Neild.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 6627
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Predict the opening day 53 man roster Reply with quote

MosEisley wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Mine:

QB (3) RG3, Cousins, Grossman
HB (3) Morris, Jamison, Helu
FB (1) Young
TE (3) Davis, Reed, Paulsen
WR (5) Garcon, Morgan, Moss, Hankerson, Robinson
LT (2) Williams, Compton
LG (2) Lich, Leribeus
C (1) Montgomery
RG (2) Chester, Gettis
RT (2) Polumbus, Trueblood
DE (5) Carriker, Bowen, Jenkins, Golston, Worthington
DT (2) Coefield, Baker
OLB (4) Orakpo, Kerrigan, Jackson, Jenkins
MLB (4) Fletcher, Riley, Robinson, Kehl
CB (6) Hall, Wilson, Biggers, Amerson, Crawford, Minnifield
S (5) Meriweather, Jackson, Thomas, Rambo, Doughty
K (1) Forbath
P (1) Rocca
LS (1) - Sundburg

Grossman makes the team due to RG3s injury. Royster is meh, I think Jamison looks good in preseason and beats him out. The kid from FSU will continue to heal from his knee injury either on PUP or practice squad. Helu finally gets healthy and makes the team as the change of pace back. Paul gets beat out by Reed and Paulsen. Don't think we carry a backup Center as several of our guys can play the position. Polumbus gets the starting RT role at the start of the season but may get pushed by someone else later on. Not in love with our depth at DE I hope we pick someone else up there. I might be a bit heavy on the defensive backs but we had a lot of injuries there last year. I could see us cutting Biggers and keeping a 6th WR. Crawford and Robinson will handle PR/KR duties.
Looks good. I would take one out, probably Doughty, and add Chris Neild.
I considered that. But Doughty is a special teams veteran, and with Alexander gone might even end up Special Teams captain. Don't think Neild would contribute as much.
_________________


Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MosEisley


Joined: 29 Mar 2013
Posts: 84
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, Zo aka "the one man gang" will be missed on teams. I think that's the only way Doughty makes the team, I just think Chris Neild is too much of a high motor guy to give up on after two seasons. Maybe only keep 5 DB's. Also I think Kehl will be a candidate for special teams guy, jmo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62141
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any way we keep 11 DBs. Tanard Jackson will be cut, Minifield will go on the practice squad along with Bernstine for the DBs.

I also think Neild, Paul and Briscoe will make the team over some of those DBs. Neild will make it over Worthington.

I think Jamison will be on the Practice squad, Thompson I agree PUP and Royster will make the 53 man.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 12; Reg Season 43


Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 6627
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I don't see any way we keep 11 DBs.

I also think Neild, Paul and Briscoe will make the team over some of those DBs.

I think Jamison will be on the Practice squad, Thompson I agree PUP and Royster will make the 53 man.
you have to carry at least 9 DBs. Who are you going to cut to accommodate the guys you're talking about keeping?
_________________


Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62141
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I don't see any way we keep 11 DBs.

I also think Neild, Paul and Briscoe will make the team over some of those DBs.

I think Jamison will be on the Practice squad, Thompson I agree PUP and Royster will make the 53 man.
you have to carry at least 9 DBs. Who are you going to cut to accommodate the guys you're talking about keeping?
Tanard Jackson seeing that he can't even be reininstated till September so he'll be behind and Chase Minifield will go on the practice squad along with Jordan Berstine because I'm not quite sure either is going to look 100% this summer.

Cut Worthington, keep Neild.

Ever since the Shanahans have been here they've always kept 6 or 7wrs. I don't see that changing.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 12; Reg Season 43
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 6627
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I don't see any way we keep 11 DBs.

I also think Neild, Paul and Briscoe will make the team over some of those DBs.

I think Jamison will be on the Practice squad, Thompson I agree PUP and Royster will make the 53 man.
you have to carry at least 9 DBs. Who are you going to cut to accommodate the guys you're talking about keeping?
Tanard Jackson seeing that he can't even be reininstated till September so he'll be behind and Chase Minifield will go on the practice squad along with Jordan Berstine because I'm not quite sure either is going to look 100% this summer.

Cut Worthington, keep Neild.

Ever since the Shanahans have been here they've always kept 6 or 7wrs. I don't see that changing.
I could see Jackson cut. Minnifield will get a shot, if he doesn't prove himself I agree he'll be gone or PS. I think we carry more DEs than NTs. They are more important on passing downs. Maybe Nield makes it over Baker. If you keep Briscoe that's 6 WRs, if you also keep Paul he basically is a 7th WR.
_________________


Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daboyle250


Joined: 29 Nov 2011
Posts: 4137
Location: My House
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might as well add one...

OPENING DAY 53 MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART

QB: R. Griffin III, K. Cousins, R. Grossman
RB: A. Morris, R. Helu, J. Jamison
HB: D. Young
WR: P. Garcon, L. Hankerson, A. Robinson
WR: J. Morgan, S. Moss
TE: F. Davis, J. Reed, L. Paulsen
LT: T. Williams, T. Compton
LG: K. Lichtensteiger, J. LeRibeus
C: W. Montgomery
RG: C. Chester, A. Gettis
RT: J. Trueblood, T. Polumbus

LE: A. Carriker, J. Jenkins, K. Golston
NT: B. Cofield, C. Baker
RE: S. Bowen, D. Worthington
LOLB: R. Kerrigan, B. Jenkins
LILB: L. Fletcher, K. Robinson
RILB: P. Riley, B. Kehl
ROLB: B. Orakpo, R. Jackson
CB: D. Hall, E. Biggers, J. Crawford
CB: J. Wilson, D. Amerson
FS: P. Thomas, T. Jackson, R. Doughty
SS: B. Meriweather, B. Rambo, J. Pugh

K: K. Forbath
P: S. Rocca
LS: N. Sundberg
KR: A. Robinson
PR: R. Crawford

Practice Squad:
C. Thompson - RB
D. Boyce - RB
D. Patterson - TE
D. Hamilton - DE
X. Nixon - OT
C. Minnifield - CB
_________________

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired


Last edited by daboyle250 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 6627
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
I might as well add one...

OPENING DAY 53 MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART

QB: R. Griffin III, K. Cousins, R. Grossman
RB: A. Morris, R. Helu, J. Jamison, E. Royster
HB: D. Young
WR: P. Garcon, L. Hankerson, A. Robinson
WR: J. Morgan, S. Moss
TE: F. Davis, J. Reed, L. Paulsen
LT: T. Williams, T. Compton
LG: K. Lichtensteiger, J. LeRibeus
C: W. Montgomery
RG: C. Chester, A. Gettis
RT: J. Trueblood, T. Polumbus

LE: A. Carriker, J. Jenkins, K. Golston
NT: B. Cofield, C. Baker, C. Nield
RE: S. Bowen, D. Worthington
LOLB: R. Kerrigan, B. Jenkins
LILB: L. Fletcher, K. Robinson
RILB: P. Riley, B. Kehl
CB: D. Hall, E. Biggers, J. Crawford
CB: J. Wilson, D. Amerson
FS: P. Thomas, T. Jackson, R. Doughty
SS: B. Meriweather, B. Rambo, J. Pugh

K: K. Forbath
P: S. Rocca
LS: N. Sundberg
KR: A. Robinson
PR: R. Crawford

Practice Squad:
C. Thompson - RB
D. Boyce - RB
D. Patterson - TE
D. Hamilton - DE
X. Nixon - OT
You left out ROLB, Orakpo and Jackson. So you'll have to cut 2 people to accomodate them.
_________________


Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
New Era Skins


Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 85
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB- RG3, Cousins, Grossman
RB- Morris, Helu Jr, Thompson
FB- Young
TE- Davis, Reed, Paulsen, Paul
WR- Garcon, Morgan, Moss, Hankerson, Robinson
LT- Williams, Compton
LG- Lichtensteiger, LeRibeus
C- Montgomery
RG- Chester, Hurt
RT- Polombus, Pashos

LDE- Bowen, Gholston
NT- Coefield, Baker, Neild
RDE- Carricker, Jenkins
LOLB- Orakpo, Jackson, Jenkins
MLB- Fletcher, Kehl
WLB- Riley, Robinson
ROLB- Kerrigan, Tapp

CB- Wilson, Amerson, Hall, Crawford, Biggers
SS- Thomas, Doughty
FS- Meriweather, Rambo


LS- Sunberg
K- Forbath
P- Rocca

PR- Crawford
KR- Thompson, Paul

Practice Squad
QB - Ryan Aplin
RB- Jawan Jamison
TE- DeAngelo Peterson
OT- Xavier Nixon
OG- Adam Gettis
LB- Will Compton
LB- Marvin Burdette
CB- Chase Minnifield


Last edited by New Era Skins on Sun May 05, 2013 8:55 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62141
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I don't see any way we keep 11 DBs.

I also think Neild, Paul and Briscoe will make the team over some of those DBs.

I think Jamison will be on the Practice squad, Thompson I agree PUP and Royster will make the 53 man.
you have to carry at least 9 DBs. Who are you going to cut to accommodate the guys you're talking about keeping?
Tanard Jackson seeing that he can't even be reininstated till September so he'll be behind and Chase Minifield will go on the practice squad along with Jordan Berstine because I'm not quite sure either is going to look 100% this summer.

Cut Worthington, keep Neild.

Ever since the Shanahans have been here they've always kept 6 or 7wrs. I don't see that changing.
I could see Jackson cut. Minnifield will get a shot, if he doesn't prove himself I agree he'll be gone or PS. I think we carry more DEs than NTs. They are more important on passing downs. Maybe Nield makes it over Baker. If you keep Briscoe that's 6 WRs, if you also keep Paul he basically is a 7th WR.
we'll have 4 DEs and 3 NTs... Confused And Chris Baker can play both positions.

Niles Paul is now a tight end, he'll remain there and remain primarily just a blocker and special teams guy.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 12; Reg Season 43
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 6627
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I don't see any way we keep 11 DBs.

I also think Neild, Paul and Briscoe will make the team over some of those DBs.

I think Jamison will be on the Practice squad, Thompson I agree PUP and Royster will make the 53 man.
you have to carry at least 9 DBs. Who are you going to cut to accommodate the guys you're talking about keeping?
Tanard Jackson seeing that he can't even be reininstated till September so he'll be behind and Chase Minifield will go on the practice squad along with Jordan Berstine because I'm not quite sure either is going to look 100% this summer.

Cut Worthington, keep Neild.

Ever since the Shanahans have been here they've always kept 6 or 7wrs. I don't see that changing.
I could see Jackson cut. Minnifield will get a shot, if he doesn't prove himself I agree he'll be gone or PS. I think we carry more DEs than NTs. They are more important on passing downs. Maybe Nield makes it over Baker. If you keep Briscoe that's 6 WRs, if you also keep Paul he basically is a 7th WR.
we'll have 4 DEs and 3 NTs... Confused And Chris Baker can play both positions.

Niles Paul is now a tight end, he'll remain there and remain primarily just a blocker and special teams guy.
He's a receiving threat still is he not? My point is that if you're carrying 4 TEs (which you would have to do because I doubt the other 3 get cut over Paul) you wouldn't carry 7 WRs when Davis, Reed, and Paul can all basically be a WR anyways. I think this is a moot point though as I don't see us retaining Paul.
_________________


Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 6627
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Era Skins wrote:
QB- RG3, Cousins
RB- Morris, Helu Jr, Jamison
FB- Young
TE- Davis, Reed, Paulsen, Paul
WR- Garcon, Morgan, Moss, Hankerson, Robinson, Briscoe
LT- Williams, Compton
LG- Lich, Rib
C- Montgomery
RG- Chester, Gettis
RT- Polombus, Trueblood

DE- Bowen, Carricker, Jenkins , Gholston
NT- Coefield, Baker, Neild

OLB- Orakpo, Kerrigan, Jackson, Jenkins
MLB- Fletcher, Riley, Robinson, Compton

CB- Wilson, Hall, Amerson, Crawford, Biggers
S- Meriweather, Thomas, Doughty, Rambo, Gomes

LS- Sunberg
K- Forbath
P- Rocca

I think we keep two QBs on the roster because Grossman or Pat White will most likely not getp.icked up by another team. That way we can keep 4 TEs and 6 receivers. One center because I agree we have lineman who can play guard and center. Coefield sees more time on the end so Neild makes the roster.
I don't see how we could possibly only carry 2 QBs to begin the season when we don't even know if RG3 will be able to play. If he can't play we'd only have Cousins on the roster. Even if RG3 can play he'll be on a surgical repaired knee and suseptible to further injury. Honestly, having a scrambling QB we'll probably have to carry 3 QBs for the majority of RG3s career.
_________________


Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daboyle250


Joined: 29 Nov 2011
Posts: 4137
Location: My House
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
daboyle250 wrote:
I might as well add one...

OPENING DAY 53 MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART

QB: R. Griffin III, K. Cousins, R. Grossman
RB: A. Morris, R. Helu, J. Jamison, E. Royster
HB: D. Young
WR: P. Garcon, L. Hankerson, A. Robinson
WR: J. Morgan, S. Moss
TE: F. Davis, J. Reed, L. Paulsen
LT: T. Williams, T. Compton
LG: K. Lichtensteiger, J. LeRibeus
C: W. Montgomery
RG: C. Chester, A. Gettis
RT: J. Trueblood, T. Polumbus

LE: A. Carriker, J. Jenkins, K. Golston
NT: B. Cofield, C. Baker, C. Nield
RE: S. Bowen, D. Worthington
LOLB: R. Kerrigan, B. Jenkins
LILB: L. Fletcher, K. Robinson
RILB: P. Riley, B. Kehl
CB: D. Hall, E. Biggers, J. Crawford
CB: J. Wilson, D. Amerson
FS: P. Thomas, T. Jackson, R. Doughty
SS: B. Meriweather, B. Rambo, J. Pugh

K: K. Forbath
P: S. Rocca
LS: N. Sundberg
KR: A. Robinson
PR: R. Crawford

Practice Squad:
C. Thompson - RB
D. Boyce - RB
D. Patterson - TE
D. Hamilton - DE
X. Nixon - OT
You left out ROLB, Orakpo and Jackson. So you'll have to cut 2 people to accomodate them.


Completely forgot the ROLB position. Thanks MKnight!
_________________

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group