Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predicting the 53-man roster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Why does nobody have Konz at C? I know some think otherwise, but there are direct quotes saying Konz will likely be at C
direct quotes from guys like Tony Pauline. Not from people within the team. But whatever.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea how all of our backup linebackers will be arranged, but I actually like devils idea of Banks competing at MLB

I am also pretty confused on what the team's vision is for the C/RG situation. Reynolds at RG and Konz at center makes sense because its what both players are more accustomed to. But watching Reynolds play at RG was very painful at times iirc, and Konz himself was the weak link much of last season; now we want him to be the center/leader of our line? On the flipside Hawley has shown to be equally unimpressive and unproven

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
adam9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
Why does nobody have Konz at C? I know some think otherwise, but there are direct quotes saying Konz will likely be at C
direct quotes from guys like Tony Pauline. Not from people within the team. But whatever.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but in Thomas Dimitroff's Draft Day 3 recap on the Falcons website, he was asked about the RG position and said something like "Garret Reynolds is out front right now and Joe Hawley, while I know he's mainly a center, he has a shot at the right guard spot too" (paraphrased). Interesting there's no mention of Peter Konz at all....

I think our front office likes Hawley as you think, but I don't think they plan on playing him at center unless Konz gets injured..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

konz was drafted as a center too

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFalcon wrote:
konz was drafted as a center too

Technically, Crumpler said guard when he announced the pick in the draft last year.
Not saying that has much significance, but its true Laughing

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but in Thomas Dimitroff's Draft Day 3 recap on the Falcons website, he was asked about the RG position and said something like "Garret Reynolds is out front right now and Joe Hawley, while I know he's mainly a center, he has a shot at the right guard spot too" (paraphrased). Interesting there's no mention of Peter Konz at all....

I think our front office likes Hawley as you think, but I don't think they plan on playing him at center unless Konz gets injured..
then things have changed. Either way, there's going to be a ton of competition from the C to the RT.

GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

then things have changed. Either way, there's going to be a ton of competition from the C to the RT.

Can't remember if it was yasinkas or Ledbetter but they pretty match nailed it before the 2012 season even started. One of the said a years at guard and then on to center. Exactly how it seems to be playing out.
RIZE FALCONS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFalcon wrote:
you really think goodman will start over kroy???? ^^^^

If Goodman comes to training camp and shows a spark and some intelligence to pick the play book up he very well could start or atleast be a rotational guy with Bierman.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIZE FALCONS wrote:
GFalcon wrote:

If Goodman comes to training camp and shows a spark and some intelligence to pick the play book up he very well could start or atleast be a rotational guy with Bierman.
it wouldn't shock me to see Goodman in the base sets at LDE and Kroy at RDE.

adam9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:
GFalcon wrote:

Me either. I think our DE spots might be a revolving door, if some guys like Massaquoi, Maponga, or Matthews can produce. In a good way

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:
GFalcon wrote:

Me either. I think our DE spots might be a revolving door, if some guys like Massaquoi, Maponga, or Matthews can produce. In a good way
oh of course. rotating around 5 DE's and 3 DT's (Jerry inactive on game days) would not be surprising to me at all. Especially since Goodman can play some 3-technique like he did at Clemson.

tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:
GFalcon wrote:

oh of course. rotating around 5 DE's and 3 DT's (Jerry inactive on game days) would not be surprising to me at all. Especially since Goodman can play some 3-technique like he did at Clemson.

What about DT's?There has to be some FA's left that we could possibly bring in to help stop the run. We didn't really address that in the Draft or offseason.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:
GFalcon wrote:

What about DT's?There has to be some FA's left that we could possibly bring in to help stop the run. We didn't really address that in the Draft or offseason.
the issue in run defense wasn't on the interior but on the edge. Edwards was horrible. Once Biermann came in and Peters came back it improved dramatically.

GFalcon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
RIZE FALCONS wrote:
GFalcon wrote:

seymour would be perfect, but hes too pricy for his age

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!
FalconsMVP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New slot reciever? Razz more like practice squad first, but still looks good. Small, quick, punt return ability

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjYi2xRlddw

Adopt A Falcon:

Desmond Trufant (2 tackles, 1 PD)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: