Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packer Forum 2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with HyponGrey..as long as the picks provide value, I'd like to see us go something like

Rd 1) a legit FS

Rd 2) TE

Rd 3) OLB for rotation

Rd 3/4 comp) WR

Rd 4) either a guy who could play both DE & NT in our scheme or a ILB for the rotation (unless Lattimore or Manning improves drastically)

Doesn't have to be just like that. I'd just like to see em address those positions with their first few picks in whatever order presents the best value. Those are just the top positions of need in my mind.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
I'm with HyponGrey..as long as the picks provide value, I'd like to see us go something like

Rd 1) a legit FS

Rd 2) TE

Rd 3) OLB for rotation

Rd 3/4 comp) WR

Rd 4) either a guy who could play both DE & NT in our scheme or a ILB for the rotation (unless Lattimore or Manning improves drastically)

Doesn't have to be just like that. I'd just like to see em address those positions with their first few picks in whatever order presents the best value. Those are just the top positions of need in my mind.
I think rd 3 may be a bit high for OLB, switch it with WR, and probably wouldn't really bother with DL, especially with Boyd on the roster. You're a little off in your thinking on ILB, Hawk and maybe Jones are the only guys I trust on the left side, and Jones is better suited to the right side. Should we dump Hawk (unlikely) and Francois, we would need somebody to play on that strong/left side. Manning and Lattimore definitely do not fit that description. Same way Moses and Palmer aren't well fit to the left side. They just can't take the beating or play the run well enough IMO.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
I think rd 3 may be a bit high for OLB

I think it's definitely dependent on the development of Nick Perry. If he regresses or he struggles to stay healthy, it might be time to grab another pass rusher. After all, you can never have too many pass rushers. And I've been a big proponent of adding a third pass rusher. Unfortunately, we didn't add any this year.
KManX89

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
persiandud wrote:
One of Walterfootball's 2014 mocks had the Packers taking Sammy Watkins

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA OH MAN I WOULD LOSE MY SH--

Tell you right now that kid is going to be an absolute S T U D.

Hey, if McMillian pans out, we won't have any holes on defense any longer (and I think we'll keep Raji since it won't cost much more than what he's already making for us to resign him next year), so we can focus entirely on offense next year. Imagine us getting ASJ with our first rounder, then trading back into the first round to get Sammy Watkins. Oh, man just imagine how scary good our offense would be then. Rodgers, Jordy, Cobb, Watkins, Jones (unless he leaves via free agency), Lacy, Franklin, and ASJ... my gawd, that would be unreal. Drool We would literally average 40 points per game with that offense... okay, I'm exaggerating, but still. Smile
Multiple off the field issues and the fact that TT has yet to use a 1st on a WR in Green Bay makes me highly doubt that Watkins will be a Packer. Same with ASJ, I just don't see him in Green Bay. Plus I want Big Fiedo instead.

From what I understand with ASJ, it was only his first off the field incident (his recent DUI arrest), so I guess it's possible IF he's still available if he shows some maturity in his final year at Washington next season (I doubt he makes it that far, though, because he's an absolute beast, even better than Eifert, I dare say). Watkins OTOH you may be right about, TT is not one to take chances on guys with multiple off-field issues. One can still dream, though (after all, I thought us landing Lacy was a virtual impossibility, too, and I know I wasn't alone on that). Drool

I also wouldn't be opposed to adding a 3rd pass-rusher if either or both are off the board by the time we pick at the end of the 1st (I've been saying for some time now I wanted one this year in Okafor or Jenkins in the later rounds so Capers can get creative with blitz packages featuring all 3 of our edge rushers at the same time). Kyle Van Noy is an absolute monster (same first name as me, too Very Happy), and Walterfootball has us taking him with our 1st rounder in their 2014 mock. There's also the aforementioned Jeffcoat, who would be a major steal in round 2 if he falls that far. I'd also be open to taking Ha'Ha (I'll just simply refer to him by his real name, Ha'Sean since it's a stupid moniker in much the same vein as MetaWorld Peace, sounds retarded IMO) in Rd 1 if McMillian struggles next year. This would complete our defense (at least our base/starting D) if McMillian fails to live up to him being named our starter at FS opposite Burnett next year.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Ebron (TE North Carolina) really impressed me. Might not see him until 2015, though.

#FREEBARRINGTON
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

I think it's definitely dependent on the development of Nick Perry. If he regresses or he struggles to stay healthy, it might be time to grab another pass rusher. After all, you can never have too many pass rushers. And I've been a big proponent of adding a third pass rusher. Unfortunately, we didn't add any this year.

Agreed, I wouldn't rule out Nate Palmer, but I think we kinda lost out on Brandon Jenkins. Not losing any sleep though, there really weren't too many good 3-4 OLB prospects in this draft. Next year should be better.

Also, I was able to see a lot of ECU games last season and there's a very big TE named Justin Jones. They split him out at WR all the time. I don't know how fast he really is, but he's 6-8 257, runs a 4.82 40 at the moment, he's very strong, can stretch the field and go up over players to make virtually any catch. I think he'll have a breakout year this year unless something around him is off.
pollino14

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Tavon Ausin goes in the top 10, De'Anthony Thomas has to do the same at worst right?

Thomas is a lot better imo.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
If Tavon Ausin goes in the top 10, De'Anthony Thomas has to do the same at worst right?

Thomas is a lot better imo.
IMO DAT is better, but this class has the potential to be a much stronger class, then dropping DAT out of the top 10 possibly. Dri Archer should be in the same conversation!
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

Yeah, depending on how things pan out with the guys on the roster OLB could rater anything from a 1st round need (Perry looks lost, Moses regresses, Nate Palmer isn't anything) to a sixth round luxury (Palmer turns out to be the real deal, Perry makes a huge jump, Moses makes a big jump, one of the undrafted/PS guys surprises.)
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:

Yeah, depending on how things pan out with the guys on the roster OLB could rater anything from a 1st round need (Perry looks lost, Moses regresses, Nate Palmer isn't anything) to a sixth round luxury (Palmer turns out to be the real deal, Perry makes a huge jump, Moses makes a big jump, one of the undrafted/PS guys surprises.)
We did sign the #2 pick in the CFL draft apparently. He projects to OLB.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade 2014 1st for 2015 first. Trade 2 firsts in 2015 up to select DGB.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
He got arrested this year right? Yeah, no thanks.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Leave it to Dave to suggest DGB Laughing
justo

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone posted ASJ vs Utah, FWIW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_OwXL6Rqtk
I figured some of you would like it. I wonder how long he's suspended for.

#FREEBARRINGTON
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched some Jordan Mathews, WR, Vanderbilt. Went in looking to see a future #1 WR. All I saw was a below average #2 in the making. Moved like Titus Young. Also reminded me that Jordan Rodgers' arm is a little outside of NFL worthy a la Graham Harrell.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 4 of 99

Jump to: