Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packer Forum 2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

motorcycle wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWMWazfe5sU_qNCUBTuIb3w
Cool
Schenton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

motorcycle wrote:
Schenton wrote:
Hey guys, if you wanna do some amateur scouting. Is there a place to get some cuts of College games?

youtube often just shows you highlights, the good stuff.

If you want more in-depth footages, where should you go?

Hope you can help me out.

Youtube has cut ups of players which are 100 times better than highlights but 100 times worse than coaches tape. Trying to scout defensive backs on tv tape is impossible to do accurately. The best thing to do is to sign up to youtube (free) and subscribe to the following channels, then whenever they post a new video it shows up on your youtube home page and you can scout away

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAqFYMaMTyWbUQ6_GbdZF8Q

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu58d7kNAGRXUtUTEa8-r5A

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAsFUh3TZkK-hDg6CSGMnMg

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWMWazfe5sU_qNCUBTuIb3w

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfs7MVOzcsaJeWMRCPYCEoA

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UClq5y8poisxAbLe2-aEvOWA

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt66yIf3RAKuONtzi-B7cVA

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLTW7lZRJp7lKU2ob7z_Xmw

Appreciate it! Thanks alot motorcycle
KManX89

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
I think next year would be a good time to add another talented, athletic OLB to the mix with Perry and Clay... Khalil Mack could be a great fit

What 'bout Jackson Jeffcoat? He was a projected 1st rounder coming into this year's draft, but he decided to stay for one more year instead of declaring because of his season-ending ACL tear. One more year will only help his stock.

Ironically enough, we had a chance to take his fellow edge rusher opposite him at Texas in Alex Okafor this year, but ultimately passed on him... I def. gave our draft an overall positive grade, but I must say I wasn't too pleased with that one.

But I wouldn't mind ASJ, either, or a FS.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
What 'bout Jackson Jeffcoat? He was a projected 1st rounder coming into this year's draft, but he decided to stay for one more year instead of declaring because of his season-ending ACL tear. One more year will only help his stock.

Ironically enough, we had a chance to take his fellow edge rusher opposite him at Texas in Alex Okafor this year, but ultimately passed on him... I def. gave our draft an overall positive grade, but I must say I wasn't too pleased with that one.

The deal with Jeffcoat is kind of the same deal with Okafor. Okafor has the burst and speed to be a 3-4 OLB but the problem with Okafor is that he isn't agile enough to handle any coverage responsibilities. As a straight up pass rusher that could possibly be another story.

Granted it's only speculation, but Jeffcoat will probably be a top 10 pick next year.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
I think next year would be a good time to add another talented, athletic OLB to the mix with Perry and Clay... Khalil Mack could be a great fit

Jeffcoat didn't tear his ACL IIRC, torn Pec muscle. He is in a projected very deep OLB/DE class so I could see Jeffcoat falling more than what you think. He is a better prospect than Okafor IMO.
KManX89

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
KManX89 wrote:

The deal with Jeffcoat is kind of the same deal with Okafor. Okafor has the burst and speed to be a 3-4 OLB but the problem with Okafor is that he isn't agile enough to handle any coverage responsibilities. As a straight up pass rusher that could possibly be another story.

Granted it's only speculation, but Jeffcoat will probably be a top 10 pick next year.

Aye, but name me one edge rusher this year outside of Dion Jordan who was enamored for his coverage ability. It would be the same learning curve with Okafor as it would with any other DE/OLB-hybrid edge rusher in this year's class with the exception of Jordan.

As for Jeffcoat, not that it means anything, but Walterfootball doesn't even have him being selected in the 1st round of their 2014 mock, though if he does make it out of the 1st round, I don't surmise he'll last long into the top of round 2 next year. Okafor would've been, at worst a top 20 pick this year, too if not for the depth at so many positions, which is why I desperately wished TT would've pulled the trigger when he was there at the end of round 3, or traded up with Jacksonville in the 4th to get him. Then again, the Lacy pick eases the pain there a little bit, after all, I'm sure NO ONE here saw that coming. I, like many, thought him dropping to our pick at the bottom of the 2nd round was way too good to be true, and, whadd'ya know? We trade down in the 2nd and he's there for us at 61. Very Happy So that kinda makes up for it. Still would've liked a surefire starting caliber backup at that position behind Perry and Matthews instead of another project, but I'll take it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a great find for you all! Take a look at our new Safety in next year's draft:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh6OGgtwI8w

Hopefully some teams will be dumb enough to let him slide to round 2 so we can get ASJ in Round 1. Then again, prospect rankings in the offseason look drastically different from what they are when the real thing hits around that same time next year. For example: Tyran Mathieu was a projected 1st rounder before last season began, and he wound up as being a 3rd rounder, and was long projected as a 7th rounder/UDFA in the midst of the 2012 season before that, just to name one example out of 1000s of them, so Ed Reynolds could end up being a 3rd or 4th rounder for all we know next year. Eh?

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for fun, the 2013 Packers draft class as rated by the video game NCAA FOOTBALL 2013

Datone Jones - 77 overall, "Run Stopper" 6-5 280.
Eddie Lacy - 91 overall, "Balanced" 6-0 220.
David Bakhtiari- 75 overall, "Pass Block" 6-4 290.
JC Tretter - NA
Johnathan Franklin - 89 overall, "Balanced" 5-10 205.
Micah Hyde - 87 overall, "Hard Hitter" 6-1 190.
Josh Boyd - 82 overall, "Run Stopper" 6-3 300.
Nate Palmer - NA
Charles Johnson - NA
Kevin Dorsey - Listed as #13, 81 overall, "Balanced" 5-11 190.
Sam Barrington - 80 overall, "Coverage" 6-1 203 Shocked

So Datone was their lowest rated player, funny how fast things change!
jmoney

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do disgusting things to get Anthony Barr next year. He is my man crush in this draft.
MMcKay16

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone I'm very interested in is C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama. I know ILB isn't a premium position, and I do like Hawk more than most people around here I think, but Mosley seems like hes going to be a heck of a player at the next level.
persiandud

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of Walterfootball's 2014 mocks had the Packers taking Sammy Watkins

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA OH MAN I WOULD LOSE MY SH--

Tell you right now that kid is going to be an absolute S T U D.
KManX89

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
So Datone was their lowest rated player, funny how fast things change!

That sounded about right AT THE TIME considering he only had 6.5 TFL with 3 sacks the year before at UCLA. However, his 2012 numbers (62 TOT, 19 TFL, 5.5 sacks) would most certainly get him in the high 80's or possibly low 90's in next year's game IF he were still around for next year's game (NCAA Football 2014), of course Madden doesn't rate rookies any higher than the low to mid 80's no matter how "coveted" or highly picked they are, so theirs would work a little differently, though I could still see him being ranked an 82 or something like that in Madden 14 (Nick Perry, our first rounder from last year, started out with a 78 rating in Madden 13, if I remember correctly).

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:

Hey, if McMillian pans out, we won't have any holes on defense any longer (and I think we'll keep Raji since it won't cost much more than what he's already making for us to resign him next year), so we can focus entirely on offense next year. Imagine us getting ASJ with our first rounder, then trading back into the first round to get Sammy Watkins. Oh, man just imagine how scary good our offense would be then. Rodgers, Jordy, Cobb, Watkins, Jones (unless he leaves via free agency), Lacy, Franklin, and ASJ... my gawd, that would be unreal. Drool We would literally average 40 points per game with that offense... okay, I'm exaggerating, but still. Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
persiandud wrote:

Hey, if McMillian pans out, we won't have any holes on defense any longer (and I think we'll keep Raji since it won't cost much more than what he's already making for us to resign him next year), so we can focus entirely on offense next year. Imagine us getting ASJ with our first rounder, then trading back into the first round to get Sammy Watkins. Oh, man just imagine how scary good our offense would be then. Rodgers, Jordy, Cobb, Watkins, Jones (unless he leaves via free agency), Lacy, Franklin, and ASJ... my gawd, that would be unreal. Drool We would literally average 40 points per game with that offense... okay, I'm exaggerating, but still. Smile
Multiple off the field issues and the fact that TT has yet to use a 1st on a WR in Green Bay makes me highly doubt that Watkins will be a Packer. Same with ASJ, I just don't see him in Green Bay. Plus I want Big Fiedo instead.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really think we need another high round OLB. Gimme a mid round LOLB and I'll be happy. TE OTOH will probably need to be a high pick, as may FS (though we could probably get away with replacing Jennings with a mid rounder should McMillian emerge) and WR if we lose Jones and one of the young'uns doesn't turn out. SILB may need a mid round pick, as will QB.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 3 of 99

Jump to: