Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packer Forum 2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Badger watch:

RB Melvin Gordon isn't the top RB in the nation. I don't like his stride and he doesn't have elite vision. But he seems to do everything very good and he hits home runs. As a RsSophmore who isn't the clear cut first RB taken, He should stay in school and let other talented backs clear out. While Gordon has a very talented young back behind him in Corey Clement; the top position on the Depth Chart, a huge, improved offensive line and a maturer QB are all going to make Gordon look like a potential 1st Round RB in the 2015 Draft. 2014 Value: Late 2nd, Early 3rd round pick. Probable 2015 Value: Mid 2nd Round Pick.

RB James White has been a good back at Wisconsin for 4 years--with a down sophomore year after breaking the 1,000 yard barrier as a freshman. Without any kind of skillset that isnt typical of a Senior WI RB, White will have a hard time translating to the NFL. But Vision, Production, and reliability will make White a day 3 pick or Priority Free Agent.

WR Jared Abbrederis has continued to make big splash plays and blows away the rest of the Badgers WR corps. With nothing to work with across from him, Abbraderis has been magical--including a 10 catch 207 yard game with top flight cornerback Bradley Roby of Ohio State covering him. If there was any doubt about Abbrederis going undrafted, its gone now. He works the entire field, returns kicks, and displays leadership. He isn't without flaws though--recent injuries, a lack of test athleticism, and the occasional drop and fumble is going to keep him out of day 1.

TE Jacob Pederson is an underrated blocker and quality receiver. Wisky sorely missed him against Ohio State as over the course of his career Pederson has been a key 3rd down conversion piece and a lot of Wisky's red zone schemes have utilized the TE position as a part the defense must watch carefully. Scouts will see another Wisky TE ready to make the jump to the pro level. I think he's a riser leading up to the draft because of the tape--ultimately being selected very early day 3.

OL Ryan Groy hasn't been bad making the transition from Guard to Tackle--surprisingly good. But ultimately his best position is at Guard in a ZBS scheme because he moves well but isn't a mauler. Good size and Wisky OL are always well taught. Groy isn't a top guy at his position--but he should end up in an NFL camp as either a late pick or preferred free agent.

DL Beau Allen is big, ugly, and stout; but offers very little in the pass game. He may find a niche in the NFL as a 3-4 run down guy, but I can't see him becoming more than that. His size (6'6" 300+) will get him in to an NFL camp but I don't see him sticking.

S Dez Southward is a big athletic dude who has made the more talented young guys in his defensive backfield play better than they should. But even in a weak safety class Southward will have to make more game changing plays against big opponents to get drafted. Because he is still a bit raw, teams will want him at practice to see if he can continually get better--that may get him taken late by a team who wants the first crack at a decision on him and the inside track at a chance to develop his size on their practice squad.

Not like Melvin Gordon's stride? Not sure if serious...

I agree, James White is not an NFL RB.

I don't think there was any thought that Abby would go undrafted. He looks like a solid mid-round WR.

Pedersen is day 3.

Groy is day 3.

Dez Southward will not get drafted.

Beau Allen will go much earlier than you expect. He's probably a mid-round NT. He is very good against the run and those guys have value in the league. Look at Ryan Pickett.

You forgot Chris Borland who is da man.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Borland is going to be a huge topic on here. He's all over at the college level. But a lack of speed is going to make him obsolete in the NFL. If he was a tenth of a second faster we'd be talking round 2 pick. He's got descent pass rush skills. He plays the LOS great. Smart, great instincts. He can cover at the college level. But I don't think he is fast enough or big enough to be a starting NFL Linebacker. Kills me to say that but its true. I'd take him in the 5th. No sooner. Tight ends will be both too big and too fast. OL will swallow him.

Nope, don't like Gordon. Think he'll bust. Not going to be as effective in a single back system. Lack of a well rounded skillset. Too much of a sprinter. Doesn't run with his feet beneath him enough--makes him less elusive.
marky mark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More on Lyerla:

Quote:
Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
League sources tell me they believe Colt Lyerla/TE/Oregon "won't be drafted and will struggle to make it in the NFL"...

stockholder wrote:
Lets put The PAds ON!
pollino14

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Mike Evans. Talk about a stud.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lamarcus Joyner doing Lamarcus Joyner things.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Lamarcus Joyner doing Lamarcus Joyner things.
MMcKay16

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:

As much as I'd love to see Rodgers with a stud receivers like Evans, who can argue with the production we've gotten with our 2nd/3rd round receivers.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Chris Borland is going to be a huge topic on here. He's all over at the college level. But a lack of speed is going to make him obsolete in the NFL. If he was a tenth of a second faster we'd be talking round 2 pick. He's got descent pass rush skills. He plays the LOS great. Smart, great instincts. He can cover at the college level. But I don't think he is fast enough or big enough to be a starting NFL Linebacker. Kills me to say that but its true. I'd take him in the 5th. No sooner. Tight ends will be both too big and too fast. OL will swallow him.

Nope, don't like Gordon. Think he'll bust. Not going to be as effective in a single back system. Lack of a well rounded skillset. Too much of a sprinter. Doesn't run with his feet beneath him enough--makes him less elusive.

Gordon has borderline elite COD skills, he needs a year as the feature back, but I disagree with about everything else you said about him.

If Johnathan Franklin can play in the NFL than James White will get a shot. He was never the producer that Franklin was because he's always had talented back around him. White is a great pass catcher in a league that continually finds roles for receiving backs.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Gordon has borderline elite COD skills, he needs a year as the feature back, but I disagree with about everything else you said about him.

If Johnathan Franklin can play in the NFL than James White will get a shot. He was never the producer that Franklin was because he's always had talented back around him. White is a great pass catcher in a league that continually finds roles for receiving backs.

White will get a shot in camp with some team. Not sure how he would fair as a return man, but seems to have good speed and vision to be capable provided he can handle catching the kicks. Agree also, that he is good out of the backfield catching the ball, also seems willing and capable in pass pro.
Victor1124

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple Missouri guys to look at. L'Damian Washington a long wide receiver with good speed. Also, EJ Gaines at cornerback is a very good prospect. Very good cover corner, almost in the Brandon Flowers mold but a tad bigger.
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMcKay16 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

As much as I'd love to see Rodgers with a stud receivers like Evans, who can argue with the production we've gotten with our 2nd/3rd round receivers.

Mike Evans isn't necessarily a WR at the NFL level. I feel horrible for Jmic but getting Evans as a replacement for his role would be awesome.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

White will get a shot in camp with some team. Not sure how he would fair as a return man, but seems to have good speed and vision to be capable provided he can handle catching the kicks. Agree also, that he is good out of the backfield catching the ball, also seems willing and capable in pass pro.

Eh. He's a guy that's more quick than legit fast IMHO. He also goes down pretty easily. He has good vision and nice elusiveness, but he doesn't really break arm tackles. He has some nice one-on-one skills in the open field. He may be a novelty type back in the NFL.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Daniel McCullers (DL Tenn) Saturday and was impressed. 6-8 /350 LBs had 6 tackles and 2.5 TFLs. Not sure what range most have him pegged going but I wouldn't mind him.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky mark wrote:
More on Lyerla:

Quote:
League sources tell me they believe Colt Lyerla/TE/Oregon "won't be drafted and will struggle to make it in the NFL"...

looks like he just got hisself arrested.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
marky mark wrote:
More on Lyerla:

Quote:

looks like he just got hisself arrested.

Sounds like it was coke: http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2013/10/colt_lyerla_former_oregon_duck.html

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 12 of 99

Jump to: