Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packer Forum 2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
So either one of LSU's receivers would look awesome in GB, but I love Beckham.
He drops the ball so much, though. He hears footsteps. A lot of Mett's incompletions come that way (even more so in 2012).
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Lyerla quit the Ducks.

This TE class is feeling a lot less amazing than I thought it would be four months ago.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:

This TE class is feeling a lot less amazing than I thought it would be four months ago.

He's gonna be entering the draft for sure now though...
marky mark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

He's gonna be entering the draft for sure now though...

Doubt this team drafts him with his red flags.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...If I'm a team, I give a HARD look at Colt off the field based on what I heard tonight.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two guys I like in Titletown right now are S Tre Boston and WR Allen Robinson.
spilltray

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops not where I meant to post this.

Last edited by spilltray on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
So either one of LSU's receivers would look awesome in GB, but I love Beckham.
He drops the ball so much, though. He hears footsteps. A lot of Mett's incompletions come that way (even more so in 2012).

Not this season's Beckham, he looks like a new WR. I watch every game I can as an LSU fan is WI. He's Greg Jennings, excellent routes, solid hands and can get you YAC, perfect fit here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Landry a bit better. He's a quicker version of James Jones in that he's a bigger receiver who can catch the tough balls in traffic. Not so sure he's the burner that Beckham has shown he can be, but Landry's proven that he can get behind the DB's and make the catch. I like him better than Beckham.

I'm more concerned about this year's Safety class. Doesn't appear to be too strong. Think I know people are high on Tre Boston, but he got eaten alive against ECU last week. I'd love to get Vinnie Sunseri if he were available.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
I like Landry a bit better. He's a quicker version of James Jones in that he's a bigger receiver who can catch the tough balls in traffic. Not so sure he's the burner that Beckham has shown he can be, but Landry's proven that he can get behind the DB's and make the catch. I like him better than Beckham.

I'm more concerned about this year's Safety class. Doesn't appear to be too strong. Think I know people are high on Tre Boston, but he got eaten alive against ECU last week. I'd love to get Vinnie Sunseri if he were available.

Boston actually had a very good game if you watched him, the rest of that defense however did not show up.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a great article on Marcus Mariota: http://fishduck.com/2013/10/marcus-mariotas-advanced-stage-of-zone-reading/
5thStringQB

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting to think about team needs that need to be addressed. Factoring in team needs and contract expiration I think it looks something like this:

1: S
2: TE
3: C
3: WR
4: ILB
5: QB
5: DT
6: OLB
7: G

What you think? Ideally we find: A ballhawking FS, An immediate interior backup with long term C potential, A pass catching TE and/or a Z receiver depending on the re-signings of Finley/Jones, and a weak side ILB who can replace AJ Hawk
Trizzcuit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft should go like this"

1. Safety
2. OL
3. Safety
4. OL
5. Safety
6. WR
7. Back up QB or a Safety
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trizzcuit wrote:
Draft should go like this"

1. Safety
2. OL
3. Safety
4. OL
5. Safety
6. WR
7. Back up QB or a Safety
NO BOX SAFETIES. WR run past your defense uncontested when you play those.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger watch:

RB Melvin Gordon isn't the top RB in the nation. I don't like his stride and he doesn't have elite vision. But he seems to do everything very good and he hits home runs. As a RsSophmore who isn't the clear cut first RB taken, He should stay in school and let other talented backs clear out. While Gordon has a very talented young back behind him in Corey Clement; the top position on the Depth Chart, a huge, improved offensive line and a maturer QB are all going to make Gordon look like a potential 1st Round RB in the 2015 Draft. 2014 Value: Late 2nd, Early 3rd round pick. Probable 2015 Value: Mid 2nd Round Pick.

RB James White has been a good back at Wisconsin for 4 years--with a down sophomore year after breaking the 1,000 yard barrier as a freshman. Without any kind of skillset that isnt typical of a Senior WI RB, White will have a hard time translating to the NFL. But Vision, Production, and reliability will make White a day 3 pick or Priority Free Agent.

WR Jared Abbrederis has continued to make big splash plays and blows away the rest of the Badgers WR corps. With nothing to work with across from him, Abbraderis has been magical--including a 10 catch 207 yard game with top flight cornerback Bradley Roby of Ohio State covering him. If there was any doubt about Abbrederis going undrafted, its gone now. He works the entire field, returns kicks, and displays leadership. He isn't without flaws though--recent injuries, a lack of test athleticism, and the occasional drop and fumble is going to keep him out of day 1.

TE Jacob Pederson is an underrated blocker and quality receiver. Wisky sorely missed him against Ohio State as over the course of his career Pederson has been a key 3rd down conversion piece and a lot of Wisky's red zone schemes have utilized the TE position as a part the defense must watch carefully. Scouts will see another Wisky TE ready to make the jump to the pro level. I think he's a riser leading up to the draft because of the tape--ultimately being selected very early day 3.

OL Ryan Groy hasn't been bad making the transition from Guard to Tackle--surprisingly good. But ultimately his best position is at Guard in a ZBS scheme because he moves well but isn't a mauler. Good size and Wisky OL are always well taught. Groy isn't a top guy at his position--but he should end up in an NFL camp as either a late pick or preferred free agent.

DL Beau Allen is big, ugly, and stout; but offers very little in the pass game. He may find a niche in the NFL as a 3-4 run down guy, but I can't see him becoming more than that. His size (6'6" 300+) will get him in to an NFL camp but I don't see him sticking.

S Dez Southward is a big athletic dude who has made the more talented young guys in his defensive backfield play better than they should. But even in a weak safety class Southward will have to make more game changing plays against big opponents to get drafted. Because he is still a bit raw, teams will want him at practice to see if he can continually get better--that may get him taken late by a team who wants the first crack at a decision on him and the inside track at a chance to develop his size on their practice squad.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 11 of 99

Jump to: