Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packer Forum 2014 Draft Discussion Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick_gb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Packer Forum 2014 Draft Discussion Thread Reply with quote

Let's get it started in here! Let's get it started in here *Sings*

Whew sorry got ahead of myself. Well now that the 2013 NFL Draft has successfully came to a close it's time to start discussing what our possible draft out come could be a year from today!

Let's hear it. What do you see as potential needs coming into the draft next season and who are some of your favorite prospects. Also, let's not forget the Packers will likely be armed with quite a few picks in this draft 1 of which will be a 3rd Round comp pick for the loss of Greg Jennings!
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes, we did not get this one started well Laughing

Looking for a WR and TE early this year, pending how Finley plays / what he wants to get paid if he does. Still, I think we go WR and TE in the first 3 rounds, unless the TE class is deep, which I have no idea.

Marquise Lee.... a man can dream Very Happy

We will get a 3rd for Jennings for sure, and most likely a 5th for Walden's terrible contract.

XBL: ShiiNyIV
Nick_gb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:

Looking for a WR and TE early this year, pending how Finley plays / what he wants to get paid if he does. Still, I think we go WR and TE in the first 3 rounds, unless the TE class is deep, which I have no idea.

We will get a 3rd for Jennings for sure, and most likely a 5th for Walden's terrible contract.

haha I apologize. It's 1:30 am. I didn't intend to get all fancy and lengthy. Just wanted to kick off the discussion Smile
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:

Fiedo or ASJ. There are no arguments, I must have at least one of them. SLB, we need OLB and ILB on the Strong Side still. WHY SO MANY WLB?!?!?! Our LB corp is undersized. I get this sinking feeling that Safety (particularly FS) may be in play as well. Possibly FB, but we're slowly eliminating that.

Last edited by HyponGrey on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Samuros

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tank the season for Clowney!
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All aboard the ASJ train.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think next year would be a good time to add another talented, athletic OLB to the mix with Perry and Clay... Khalil Mack could be a great fit
justo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
DIU, though..

been putting in work on the QBs for next year:
http://www.youtube.com/user/footballmixtapes

If you guys want certain players/games just let me know. I think there's enough on Mettenberger/McCarron for now. Boyd/Murray/Thomas/Bridgewater are pretty well covered on other channels already.
motorcycle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Van Noy at pick #32 please!
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only beef is the OL picks. If your going to be a physical team it starts in the trenches. Instead Ted drafts these undersize quote "athletic" Allen Barbre types. 6'4 @ 301, is not Bigger and Meaner by todays standards for O-lineman.

I wish Ted will get away from his athletic OL ideology and start drafting big nasty maulers like physical teams SF, Ravens etc. Even in our division our rivals like the bears and lions drafted big strong 6'6 @ 320 types. Say what you want about the kyle long pick, if he can keep Jay upright and open holes great pick for the bears.

We finally got our physical back, we need OL guys who can mash people. Look at the Giants OL does that line look lean and athletic? All slow nasty ugly wide bodies. That's what I want in GB. I'm tired of the pocket getting pushed back in Aarons face. Can't open holes, being over powered by big strong physical DT's.

That's my only beef with this draft class. Some of the other players that I don't know much about in Ted I'll have to trust.

Last edited by Jsitton71# on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:38 am; edited 2 times in total
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a guy for Ball State named Zane Fakes. I don't know how good he is...but that name amuses me...
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samuros wrote:
Tank the season for Clowney!

This. Or trade all our tradeable picks for him.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
DIU, though..

been putting in work on the QBs for next year:
http://www.youtube.com/user/footballmixtapes

If you guys want certain players/games just let me know. I think there's enough on Mettenberger/McCarron for now. Boyd/Murray/Thomas/Bridgewater are pretty well covered on other channels already.

Do a tape of James Franklin with some old silent movie music as he bumbles and fumbles around Laughing

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Kampman74

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I view TE and Safety as the biggest needs right now with some better depth at OLB and QB all of which can change, for better or worse, in the next year. Lets trade up and get that good TE I have been hearing about.
squire12

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TE hopefully the biggest need on offense (that is assuming the OL comes together with Sherrod and EDS or the draft picks). Finley, to me is 95% playing his last year in GB. He won't take less money than he is getting this year, thus I do not see TT paying him 8+ million.

WR I feel is different with Jones at 3-4 Million now, he might be able to come back for something similar, which could be very reasonable

On defense, Safety, CB, OLB and ILB are potential high need positions.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 1 of 99

Jump to: