Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What would have you done?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpinsky33

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: What would have you done? Reply with quote

I think it would be interesting to see how we compared to Dorsey and Co. Post your draft, please try and be honest. If you wanted Riddick in round 4 then that is where you should put him. There is no way for anyone to know for sure what you would have done at the time so you are on then honor system. Next year we can try and have a thread that is updated in real time.

I think it would be cool to see how"our" team would have done. I'm going to rock my picks in my sig to remind me to look in on them.
footballfan81

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have truthfully employed a bpa strategy and not use it as lip service like this regime did.

1 eric fisher
3 damontre moore
3 matt barkley
4 nico johnson
5 cobi hamilton
6 baccari rambo
6 best available kicker
7 who cares
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballfan81 wrote:
I would have truthfully employed a bpa strategy and not use it as lip service like this regime did.

1 eric fisher
3 damontre moore
3 matt barkley
4 nico johnson
5 cobi hamilton
6 baccari rambo
6 best available kicker
7 who cares

What looks like lip service to one...i mean, Matt Barkley???

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lip service, because it's not possible the professional football people have a different ranking than you?
footballfan81

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the reason i have stayed away from this forum... People get crucified for questioning the front office.

An injury prone rb with fumbleitis was really the bpa at the end of the 3rd round?
footballfan81

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
footballfan81 wrote:

1 eric fisher
3 damontre moore
3 matt barkley
4 nico johnson
5 cobi hamilton
6 baccari rambo
6 best available kicker
7 who cares

What looks like lip service to one...i mean, Matt Barkley???

He did get picked a few picks later no? There's been reports that kc was going to take barkley in the 4th. I guess the injury prone and fumble prone rb was graded higher than a potential franchise qb. I find it funny that reid and company were expecting barkley to be there, only to get snatched up a pick before. Of course the front office is going to deny that they wanted barkley after the fact, you really think they would admit they made a mistake?

Tyler bray is the backup plan after missing out on barkley. Philly fans warned everyone of andy reid's drafts. I am beginning to see that they were correct.

So are you gonna give this draft an a+?
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

81, I don't mean to crucify you and sorry if you feel that way. And for all we know, they had him ranked very high on their board, and if you look at what he "can" do, Davis is a solid pick. By the third round you're taking some chances.

As far as QB's go, I probably would have snagged one with the comp pick in the third instead of Davis. The reason I would have waited that long is, we already have 4 guys under-contract, and it could be said they didn't see anything in those guys, that they don't see in what we had. If I had to pick it would likely have been Wilson, so there is that.

I would have went either ILB or Safety likely with the first 3rd round pick. Guys like Shamarko among others were there, but I think the CB we drafted will be converted.

Depending on how things played out, ABSOLUTELY would have drafted Johnson, he is exactly what we need in that role. I know a lot like Reddick, but I like Johnson better.

I probably would have drafted Wilson, I think he can do anything you ask, just hasn't been asked to do everything. He's a good hammer when you need a couple yards too, though certainly isn't going to be as graceful as Tony Richardson or Kimble Anders (when he was a FB), I've compared him to Kuhn from GB, and I stand by that.

Once you reach the end, they are all flyers, and nobody knows/wants the same exact thing, and we don't know how the new regime has analyzed our current roster. Maybe this is what was important to them.

Someone said take a kicker over a FB? I see them as exactly the same type of pick, though we have 2 kickers already on the roster, and only 1 FB worth anything. I'm down with any move made to clear Eachus from our team.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would give this draft a solid B, especially if you consider we got a starting caliber QB with our second round pick.

Certainly I would do things better, and watching us pass on ILB's was starting to make me nervous, as I think that is a position that Andy truly undervalues.

But as bad as Reid's drafts were, you also have to consider John Dorsey is without a doubt one of the best player scouts in the business. I'm ok with a B in their first draft, they are finding the balance of one another.

Would it have been nice to hit a home run with this draft yup, are the Chiefs like most 2-14 teams in terms of needs, absolutely not. I'm ok with this draft for the same reason that I'll be ok if we finish 8-8 but are at least competitive in most/all games. Building a team takes time, building a perennial playoff contender takes even more.

I think some of us, need to take a breath, realize this was a terrible draft, as almost no positions had clear cut cream of the crop players. In fact almost all positions had a jumble of players.

Now were we going to take Barkley, maybe, heck even probably but rather than wording it as "expecting" him to be there, it could be where they valued him and thought, ok we'll take him.

Comparing different positions is really hard, and 32 other teams passed on Barkley at least 1 time, so to say he is a QBOTF could be questionable, the people who get paid to do it, certainly have their questions with him too. Would I have been excited if we got him in the 4th, meh, he wasn't my favorite, but I wouldn't have been upset.
Flexx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only pick I question is the FB. W/the 2 this team already has and both are very good lead blockers and can run and catch, I just didn't see the need to draft him. He probably could have been PFA. As for the C(yes a bit of a need),I will have to trust the FO here. However, I would have liked the kid from Penn State. Maybe he wasn't healthy as he does have that history. Anyway, as always, not the draft I was wishing for but like the Fisher, Keice, Johnson, Commings and Catapano(if healthy and free of fumbles, Davis)picks. Good job.
bpinsky33

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The goal of this wasn't to bash the draft. I can see why they drafted everyone of the guys they did. The goal was simply to see how our players would have done given the way the drafted unfolded.
valkrei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The third pick just doenst make sense. As far BPA? hard to say who that would have been. I would of been more interested in another ILB at pick 3.

I think its safe to say the Chiefs at least right now are content with our QB lineup.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val, they had a snippet from Reid on Mike and Mike this morning explaining how need comes into play. He said, you go by your board, BPA, if it's close you look deeper at the two guys you think rank about the same, and if it is REALLY close, that is when need comes into play.

I think it's clear, as you said that we are very comfortable with our QB situation, and that is why we didn't burn a pick, but were willing to take a shot at Bray in FA.

So I guess, if you believe Andy, and thus John some of the picks people are scratching their head about were truly what they rated out as BPA.
kw_215

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REMOVED BY MODERATOR
Mongo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming this is to be done in regards to my thoughts as the draft unfolded, not thought prior to the draft.

Trade down to MIA for exact same compensation
1. Star Lotuleilei
2. from MIA Kevin Minter MLB

Day Two
3a. Stedman Bailey WR
3b. Tyler Wilson QB

Day Three
4. Tyler Wilson QB
5. Jesse Williams DT
6a. Bacarri Rambo S
6b. Vince Williams MLB
7. No real thoughts
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kw_215, I apologize that you feel like this forum is not an open discussion for all opinions. I know one of the goals of this site is to have an open discussion free from antagonism, vulgarity, condescension, etc., so that everyone feels free to voice their opinion.

I'm not going to say that 100% of the time, all the time the case, but it's about as close to that as you'll find on the net IMO.

I hope if you hang out around here a little longer, we can change your mind.

^ryknowssd on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: