Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grade Our Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Draft Grade
A
55%
 55%  [ 15 ]
B
44%
 44%  [ 12 ]
C
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 27

lamont

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B- overall grade.

Favorite pick: tie Warmack & "Big Nasty" Brian Schwenke
least favorite: Daimion Stafford
surprise pick: Justin Hunter

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give it a B+ to A-

I know some are looking for DE/DT help, but I recognize that it wasn't strong in this draft. If you didn't get one early, there was no rush at all to get one.

My favorite pick is Justin Hunter.
Least favorite, but love him now that he is on our team, Chance Warmack. Just never like an OG in the first, but looking at who the other choices were, I'd take Chance.

We got good, solid player throughout the draft and filled some areas of concern. Excited to see what they do when the pads go on.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Don't like the Zavier Gooden pick. I especially don't like it since we, for whatever reason, fired Frank Bush, who I credit for Zach Brown's quick development.

I thought the same thing right when we made the pick but I really like it now that I think about it. Gooden was one of the highest risers in this draft and he offers great athleticism and gives us depth at a position that had none. Also it makes me even happier because I knew that Jags fans liked Gooden (they took him with the 1st pick in the 4th in FFMDII) so there is a silver lining there Laughing

Props to Kempes ^
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
Don't like the Zavier Gooden pick. I especially don't like it since we, for whatever reason, fired Frank Bush, who I credit for Zach Brown's quick development.

I thought the same thing right when we made the pick but I really like it now that I think about it. Gooden was one of the highest risers in this draft and he offers great athleticism and gives us depth at a position that had none. Also it makes me even happier because I knew that Jags fans liked Gooden (they took him with the 1st pick in the 4th in FFMDII) so there is a silver lining there Laughing

Also he was a former safety so he has cover skills. He can be used in all sorts of packages.
Kendall Wright - 6 rec 46 yds 1 TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I'll give it a B+ to A-

I know some are looking for DE/DT help, but I recognize that it wasn't strong in this draft. If you didn't get one early, there was no rush at all to get one.

Least favorite, but love him now that he is on our team, Chance Warmack. Just never like an OG in the first, but looking at who the other choices were, I'd take Chance.

We got good, solid player throughout the draft and filled some areas of concern. Excited to see what they do when the pads go on.

I understand your reasoning with DE/DT but we passed on some really good options. Like I would have loved to see us get Joe Kruger with our 6th round pick. The combination of him and Edwards would have given us solid depth. I think Wooten would have been there in the 7th. That is my only gripe with this draft is that we passed on Kruger (I like him even more than Edwards)

Props to Kempes ^
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
I'll give it a B+ to A-

I understand your reasoning with DE/DT but we passed on some really good options. Like I would have loved to see us get Joe Kruger with our 6th round pick. The combination of him and Edwards would have given us solid depth. I think Wooten would have been there in the 7th. That is my only gripe with this draft is that we passed on Kruger (I like him even more than Edwards)

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Kruger projected more as a 3-4 DE than a 4-3 DE? IMO Pupati is insurance so they did not have to reach on a DE that was not on their board during the draft and they will pick up a veteran DE this summer when one comes available.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Titans did a great job at getting guys they thought were going to be fits for this football team, and getting the guys they wanted to make sure were on the team.

Chance Warmack - A - Obviously the guy they wanted and with him now the line becomes dirty.

Justin Hunter - B - Hate what they gave up to get him so that's why I grade this low, but still a guy I like a lot and I think he could emerge as a weapon.

Blidi Wreh-Wilson - B - Sounds like a promising young corner who can play more man coverage. Not a star in the making, but I can't complain about the idea.

Zaviar Gooden - C - A head scratcher at first glance with the fact that this team has spent three second or third round picks on outside linebackers in the past three years now, but if he's going to be good rotating depth or a even a decent starter, then I can live with it.

Brian Schwenke - A - Getting this guy in round four was disgusting value. From everything I've heard about him, this guy could be starting this year.

Lavar Edwards - A - This guy is the kind of player I think could turn out to be the steal of the draft. Everything I've heard about him is: You're talking about a second or first round pick if this guy isn't playing behind Montgomery and Mingo at LSU.

Khalid Wooten - D - Pretty big waste to go DB at this point, unless you think Sensabaugh isn't working out at the four spot. Don't think there's much he'll be able to do Tommie Campbell can't.

Daimon Stafford - F - Already backlogged at safety -- see no reason we should take another.

Overall - B - Great early on, with some good value in the mid rounds, but the late round picks were just needless and reeked "throwaway" to me.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
I'll give it a B+ to A-

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Kruger projected more as a 3-4 DE than a 4-3 DE? IMO Pupati is insurance so they did not have to reach on a DE that was not on their board during the draft and they will pick up a veteran DE this summer when one comes available.

Well we took Edwards who is 6-4, 277......Kruger is 6-6, 269- I think they both have the versatility to play in the 3-4 or 4-3. I just had Kruger higher on my board than Edwards and I think he has more upside.

Props to Kempes ^
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it funny a lot of people are grading Cooper higher now after the draft. Most people are saying Cooper was their #1 OG. SMH.
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
I'll give it a B+ to A-

Well we took Edwards who is 6-4, 277......Kruger is 6-6, 269- I think they both have the versatility to play in the 3-4 or 4-3. I just had Kruger higher on my board than Edwards and I think he has more upside.

They seem like the same player to me? Kruger has more name recognition since he is the 3rd Kruger to come thru University of Utah and his brother just signed that big contract with Cleveland. In addition with Star on that DL commanding doubles and sometime triples, Kruger should have had more production. I would take the guy who is hungry and ready to eat out of the 2 and the Titans feel it is Edwards. The DE from UGA was still on the board at that time as well.

KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
I'll give it a B+ to A-

I personally only saw a few with early round potential. The rest were iffy. I'm serious, past the 2nd round it was more of I guess I'll pick one cause I need one, rather than I gotta have him.

As we saw there were good OL/CB/S options deep into the 4th round. But those DL were all projects, undersized or unproven.

Edwards was someone I looked at in a mock, but didn't see enough to make me want him. He went about where he should have gone based on what he showed in school. Kruger I saw nothing special from him. Other than the fact that he has a brother in the pro's there wasn't anything that said "Go get him."
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked BWW, Gooden, Schwenke, and Wooten

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
I think the Titans did a great job at getting guys they thought were going to be fits for this football team, and getting the guys they wanted to make sure were on the team.

Chance Warmack - A - Obviously the guy they wanted and with him now the line becomes dirty.

Justin Hunter - B - Hate what they gave up to get him so that's why I grade this low, but still a guy I like a lot and I think he could emerge as a weapon.

Blidi Wreh-Wilson - B - Sounds like a promising young corner who can play more man coverage. Not a star in the making, but I can't complain about the idea.

Zaviar Gooden - C - A head scratcher at first glance with the fact that this team has spent three second or third round picks on outside linebackers in the past three years now, but if he's going to be good rotating depth or a even a decent starter, then I can live with it.

Brian Schwenke - A - Getting this guy in round four was disgusting value. From everything I've heard about him, this guy could be starting this year.

Lavar Edwards - A - This guy is the kind of player I think could turn out to be the steal of the draft. Everything I've heard about him is: You're talking about a second or first round pick if this guy isn't playing behind Montgomery and Mingo at LSU.

Khalid Wooten - D - Pretty big waste to go DB at this point, unless you think Sensabaugh isn't working out at the four spot. Don't think there's much he'll be able to do Tommie Campbell can't.

Daimon Stafford - F - Already backlogged at safety -- see no reason we should take another.

Overall - B - Great early on, with some good value in the mid rounds, but the late round picks were just needless and reeked "throwaway" to me.

I wouldn't be so quick to consider them wasted picks just yet. I'm just taking a shot in the dark about the late round DBs. We addressed our major needs and wants with flying colors early in the draft, so we actually had the luxury of looking at some valued depth later on. I think that Gray and Williams are simply trying to upgrade our depth with Wooten and Stafford. They probably like something about these guys that they're not seeing in the current depth players like Johnson, Afalava, etc. And you have to take into account that these other deadweight guys will be released before the season starts. Pollard is only on a 1-year deal, and Wilson is short term. So that should be enough time for Wooten and Stafford to learn the system and we're going to need them when we run the Ruby defense.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, I'm overexcited and expecting too much from the newbies, but this is how I see our draft.

Chance Warmack (OG) A+
This was an excellent and most intelligent pick of the draft for us. Not only does it fill our greatest need in the best way possible, it also set the tone for the rest of our draft. We didnít play around and we didnít risk missing anything. We got OUR guy and never looked back. Great pick.

Justin Hunter (WR) A
Although it was a bit of a surprise, this was another excellent pick. We wanted another offensive weapon for Locker and we stepped up to the plate and got it. This should be a win/win pick for us. If Britt flops completely, Hunter could be his replacement at the #1 spot or he could end up forming a nice WR tandem with Britt and Wright.

Blidi Wreh-Wilson (CB) B+
This is another good pick. As I said before, we need a big CB for press coverage and we got him. Now we can move Verner to his natural position, the NB spot. Now with 2 bigger CBs on the outside playing press, this should help the rest of the back end with better reads and reactions.

Zaviar Gooden (OLB) B
This is a very good pick for depth and special packages. Heís still raw in some areas of his game, but heís very athletic and has tremendous upside. Long story short, this is a Zach Brown clone, only faster. Depending on how well he develops, the coaches will have fun planning around this guy.

Brian Schwenke (C) A+
This was an absolute steal. Much like Warmack, he hasnít even gotten near hitting his ceiling yet. We could start him on Day-1 if we wanted. He and Warmack along with Levitre could be a monster tandem for the next decade.

Lavar Edwards (DE) B
Heís another good valued late pick who was overshadowed and underrated. He still needs to be polished, but will pay huge dividends even in his early stages. I actually expect him to become an excellent depth player sooner than expected, just my opinion.

Khalid Wooten (DB) B
Another DB who can play press coverage. He can provide depth for both CB and S positions. I donít expect him to make any waves anytime soon.

Daimion Stafford (S) B-
I see this is the sleeper pick of the draft for us. Good size, very physical player with decent speed and quickness. He has a nose for the ball and is athletic enough to play in and out of the box (mostly in). He should be a good understudy for Pollard and Wilson. Right now, I see him being a big ST contributor.

OVERALL GRADE: B+

TitanTuff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grade is probably biased as I am left dazed after a FA/Draft high that I haven't experienced in years. The moves our FO have made this off season are so alien to Titan's fans that we have no choice but to go along for the ride Wink

Chance Warmack - A+ : Wanted him from the beginning. Always had him before Cooper. As I posted earlier concerning JJ Watt, "Who do you want to deal with this beast? A technician? Or another beast. He should have an impact against all teams. On paper, Warmack's addition helps take our Oline to playoff caliber.

Justin Hunter - A+ : If Hunter does what I hope he can do and have an impact this year then a 3rd rounder next year will be a great trade-off. I was surprised that he was still even on the board. I think he will make a great NFL receiver. Hello.. Justin, Britt and Wright deep ball threat package.

Blidi Wreh-Wilson - A- : Gets good grades all around. Helps our secondary which was a need. Has real life smarts. Combined with Verner, we have some high IQs on defense. The longest pass completion against Blidi his senior year was an 18-yarder. Nuff said.

Zaviar Gooden - B : Much needed good depth. I like the signing. He ran a 4.47 which is nice. Speedy LB. May free up players like Ayers to pressure the passer. Also, he is extremely important backing up our injury-plagued McCarthy.

Brian Schwenkenstein - A : He was the top C on Rustin's board. And we got him in the 4th YES. Huge value. This guy very well may be another beast we add to the Oline. It would not surprise me if Brian isn't starting before the season ends. My favorite surprise pick.

Lavar Edwards - B : Another great value pick. Many had him rated 3rd round. Fills a huge huge need for us: DE.

Khalid Wooten - C+ : Another big guy brought into our back field. I sense a trend with our drafts. CB competition is on!

Daimon Stafford - C : Safety from Nebraska looks decent on tape. Add one more Safety to the competition.

Overall A-
Including Chance, I thought we got great value picks for the most part. We solidified our Oline for Jake and gave him another amazing weapon. We picked meat and potato type players and filled our depth. Munch and Co are starting the 2013 season with a much needed bang.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: