Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grade Our Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Draft Grade
A
55%
 55%  [ 15 ]
B
44%
 44%  [ 12 ]
C
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 27

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Grade Our Draft Reply with quote

1st - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama - A
2nd - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee - A+
3rd - Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, UConn - B
3rd - Zavier Gooden, OLB, Missouri - B
4th - Brian Schwenke, C, California - A+ (Simply bc Amano will be gone)
5th - Lavar Edwards, DE, LSU - B
6th - Khalid Wooten, CB/S, Nevada - B-
7th - Daimion Stafford, S, Nebraska - TBA

Overall - B+/A-

Very good draft and has to near the top as one of the best drafts. Got the best OG in the draft which potentially could make up the best O-Line in football with Roos-Levitre-Velasco-Warmack-Stewart. Hunter is a 1st round talent with loads of potential and with Britt, Wright, Hunter, Wasington, could make up one of the leagues best receiving cores. The Titans said they wanted press CBs for all the blitzing Gregg Williams will be doing and went out and got Wreh-Wilson and Wooten. Add them to a already solid CB trio of McCourty, Verner, and Sensabaugh, alot of competition. Gooden was a solid pick because improves an area the Titans had problems with and that was LB depth. No longer will Tim Shaw or Will Witherspoon be starting or playing on defense. Gooden is basically a clone of Zach Brown and with both their coverage and speed in the nickel defense with Ayers moving to DE should be key. Edwards also improves an area which the Titans lacked and that was DE depth. Edwards was behind both Mingo and Montgomery and still put up solid career numbers. Derrick Morgan and Kam Wimbley are breathing a sigh of relief as they can get rest and the talent doesn't drop off as much as in years past. The Schwenke pick was solid because it means Amano is gone, and if Velasco leaves after this year, Schwenke will make a great replacement. Can't comment on the Stafford pick because I don't much about him but S depth was a need.
coleman51

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised we didn't address an ILB, Gooden seems to play outside and more of a nickel LB. Also a little dissapointed we didn't add one of the later round RBs, because I don't think we're getting anything out of Ringer, Harper. That's kind of pointless though considering we have CJ and Greene.

At the start of the day I had us at a B, but I've gotta go B+. Schwenke pick was awesome, I think Edwards is a great fit and the kind of pass rusher we needed. Haven't seen enough of Wooten yet. I did like what I saw of Stafford. Will also note that I heard Wreh-Wilson on the radio earlier and he's quite the intelligent kid.

Fav pick: Warmack
Least Fav: Gooden

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama - A
2nd - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee - A+
3rd - Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, UConn - B
3rd - Zavier Gooden, OLB, Missouri - C
4th - Brian Schwenke, C, California - B- (Simply bc Amano will be gone)
5th - Lavar Edwards, DE, LSU - B
6th - Khalid Wooten, CB/S, Nevada - B-
7th - Daimion Stafford, S, Nebraska - C

Overall: B+
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your offseason gets an A+

You freaking killed it. I have questions about the D, but damn your offense is gonna be nice.

The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Your offseason gets an A+

You freaking killed it. I have questions about the D, but damn your offense is gonna be nice.

If the offense can sustain drives and win the TOP, our defense can be pretty good too especially with the addition of Gregg Williams. Defense is just very young and not filled with a lot big known players yet except maybe Pollard. Last years problem was the offense always losing the TOP and the D constantly being on the field. Not saying they'll be a elite or even great D but they should be top 15ish.

PS: You've always been one of my favorite posters Candy. Thanks for the support. Glad someone outside of our fan base can see the Titans have done a good job this offseason.
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to troll you guys a lot, not going to lie but I love your Draft. A big fan of a lot of your picks, especially the Schwenke one. Your O-Line is going to be really really good.

You guys get an A from me, no doubt.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
I tend to troll you guys a lot, not going to lie but I love your Draft. A big fan of a lot of your picks, especially the Schwenke one. Your O-Line is going to be really really good.

You guys get an A from me, no doubt.

titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Khan like our draft more than me? Laughing
justing101

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how Rotoworld graded our draft:

Quote:
Tennessee Titans

10. Chance Warmack, guard, Alabama.
34. Justin Hunter, receiver, Tennessee.
70. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, cornerback, Connecticut.
97. Zaviar Gooden, outside linebacker, Missouri.
107. Brian Schwenke, center, California.
142. LaVar Edwards, defensive end, LSU.
202. Khalid Wooten, cornerback, Nevada.
248. Daimion Stafford, safety, Nebraska.

Overview: The players acquired look impressive at first glance, but dig deeper and there are concerns about the class as a whole and the costs to put it together. In the trade up for Hunter, Tennessee surrendered pick Nos. 40 (Tank Carradine) and 216 (Charles Johnson), on top of a 2014 third-round pick. All that for a six-spot jump in round two, which netted a receiver with great physical gifts but suspect hands. It was a steep price. Warmack adds needed power to the Titans' line, but was a largely ineffective second-level blocker at Alabama due to limited movement skills. He's a phone-booth player entering a zone scheme. Schwenke and Gooden stand out as value picks, but Tennessee did little to upgrade its porous pass defense and still needs to get more physical on Jerry Gray's side of the ball. Regardless of draft results, Jake Locker's third-year progress -- or lack thereof -- will determine whether or not the Titans field a competitive 2013 football team. And it'll probably determine Gray, GM Ruston Webster, and coach Mike Munchak's future in Nashville.

Grade: C-

lol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocking that rotoworld, which has literally hated every move we've made this offseason, also hates our draft. That's why I use that site to find the news, not to read their analysis.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Shocking that rotoworld, which has literally hated every move we've made this offseason, also hates our draft. That's why I use that site to find the news, not to read their analysis.

Lol truth.

This is the first draft in a long time that I've actually really liked. The price for Hunter was steep, but it's do-or-die for our FO, so I respect that.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan Silva and the rest of the rotoworld staff are a bunch of biased idiots. It doesn't matter who we would've drafted.
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When grading the draft, you gotta look at the other options.

1. Warmack - Easily the best player available. Maybe Sheldon Richardson but the rest of the players wouldve been reaches.

2. Hunter - I would stay with this pick also. If our scouts really graded him as high as they did then we got a steal. Obviously I am a huge vols fan and have seen every pass he has caught. I think physically he is a freak. Baby Moss. His ceiling is AJ Green. I just wish he would be more consistent with his hands. Also a plus, he played gunner sometimes on punts at Tennessee. I wouldve given a 3rd round pick to trade up to 29 and taken Patterson over Hunter.

3. Breh-Wilson again looks like the bpa at a position of need. I would keep this the same.

3. Gooden - this is the first one I would change. He is a Zach Brown clone. You had Okafor on the board but gooden will make an impact day 1.

4. Schwenke - This may be my favorite pick. The turnover on OL is insane and we should return to a top 5 OL.

5-7 At this point, you are just looking for contributer regardless of position. We did take a few DBs where we usually hit late in the draft.

Overall..... I would give us an A.

Remember the days where we would scream for us to take a WR and it would never happen. Every year. Now it seems all we draft early is WRs. 2 first round picks and a very early 2nd round WR.

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To wash the taste of the rotoworld "analysis" out of my mouth:

http://nfl.si.com/2013/04/28/2013-nfl-draft-grades-jaguars-49ers-rams-top-the-class/

Quote:
Tennessee Titans

You know what? I loved this draft. G Chance Warmack might be the best player in the whole class, and Tennessee scored him at 10. The Titans kept right on rolling after that, with five more gems — WR Justin Hunter, CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson, OLB Zaviar Gooden (one of my favorite under-the-radar guys this year), C Brian Schwenke and DE Lavar Edwards. An interior defensive lineman would have been nice, but the Titans improved a bunch regardless. Grade: A-minus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like the Zavier Gooden pick. I especially don't like it since we, for whatever reason, fired Frank Bush, who I credit for Zach Brown's quick development.

**RIP Steve McNair**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: