Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Draft Evaluation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DetroitSpirit


Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 3265
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=515714&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

you guys are welcome

all my other mocks had warford in the 3rd also

dam yall got ziggy Sad
Im so happy we got Ansah Very Happy


Are you going to get his jersey?
Im going to try


I'd get one for you if you didn't get one for yourself. It absolutely has to happen. It wouldn't be right if you didn't. Laughing


I think we need to start a fundraiser to make sure he gets this jersey.
_________________
Vikefan79 wrote:
And you know what about the playoffs and/or quarterbacks being a Detroit fan?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 8045
Location: Detroit, MI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroitlions703 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=515714&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

you guys are welcome

all my other mocks had warford in the 3rd also

dam yall got ziggy Sad


You can have him. Cool


During Adopt-A-Lion you better be nowhere near the name of Ansah as your adoptee Laughing


Could you imagine?!? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrDirt


Joined: 04 May 2010
Posts: 814
Location: Rhinelander, WI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the draft and the players we got. We probably have four week one starters from this draft (assuming Slay is all ready to go).

Of course, I don't do nearly as much research as others on here and I almost never look at game tape. Usually just look at other mock drafts and the rankings and descriptions from Scouts Inc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDirt wrote:
I like the draft and the players we got. We probably have four week one starters from this draft (assuming Slay is all ready to go).

Of course, I don't do nearly as much research as others on here and I almost never look at game tape. Usually just look at other mock drafts and the rankings and descriptions from Scouts Inc.
I think you have fair expectations.

Ansah, Slay, Warford, and Martin should all be starting and making an impact. Who says you can't fill needs in the draft?
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
MrDirt


Joined: 04 May 2010
Posts: 814
Location: Rhinelander, WI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
MrDirt wrote:
I like the draft and the players we got. We probably have four week one starters from this draft (assuming Slay is all ready to go).

Of course, I don't do nearly as much research as others on here and I almost never look at game tape. Usually just look at other mock drafts and the rankings and descriptions from Scouts Inc.
I think you have fair expectations.

Ansah, Slay, Warford, and Martin should all be starting and making an impact. Who says you can't fill needs in the draft?


I think that its partially a result of having so many holes to fill. I do like this time of year, as hope springs eternal and we all have so much optimism.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDirt wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
MrDirt wrote:
I like the draft and the players we got. We probably have four week one starters from this draft (assuming Slay is all ready to go).

Of course, I don't do nearly as much research as others on here and I almost never look at game tape. Usually just look at other mock drafts and the rankings and descriptions from Scouts Inc.
I think you have fair expectations.

Ansah, Slay, Warford, and Martin should all be starting and making an impact. Who says you can't fill needs in the draft?


I think that its partially a result of having so many holes to fill. I do like this time of year, as hope springs eternal and we all have so much optimism.
Well yeah, we don't have S.F. roster, but even they looked to grab a starter through the draft with Reid. We were fortunate (or unfortunate) to have early picks in rounds 1-3, and drafted three solid prospects that could've made an impact on any team.

That's actually not a given every year through the draft. Warford should not have been available, thank our lucky stars he was.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
MrDirt


Joined: 04 May 2010
Posts: 814
Location: Rhinelander, WI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
MrDirt wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
MrDirt wrote:
I like the draft and the players we got. We probably have four week one starters from this draft (assuming Slay is all ready to go).

Of course, I don't do nearly as much research as others on here and I almost never look at game tape. Usually just look at other mock drafts and the rankings and descriptions from Scouts Inc.
I think you have fair expectations.

Ansah, Slay, Warford, and Martin should all be starting and making an impact. Who says you can't fill needs in the draft?


I think that its partially a result of having so many holes to fill. I do like this time of year, as hope springs eternal and we all have so much optimism.
Well yeah, we don't have S.F. roster, but even they looked to grab a starter through the draft with Reid. We were fortunate (or unfortunate) to have early picks in rounds 1-3, and drafted three solid prospects that could've made an impact on any team.

That's actually not a given every year through the draft. Warford should not have been available, thank our lucky stars he was.


Yah, we were lucky with him. If we would have taken him in the 2nd, we probably wouldn't have gotten a CB as good as Slay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Draft_FanAddict


Joined: 09 Mar 2006
Posts: 2811
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Delmas26 wrote:
Honestly when re-drafting you can't trade down because you will never know what we got offered, so in saying that, here is my opinion on the picks and then who I would have taken.

Round 1 #5 Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU - A
Ansah is a perfect fit for our scheme and is an athletic freak. He is great against the run and is still raw against the pass, but will rarely face a double team with Suh and Fairley in the middle. He was #3 on my big board behind the two tackles. Good scheme fit, good BPA fit, good need fit.
My pick: Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU

Round 2 #4 Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State University- B+
Darius Slay is a good pick here if we are just addressing our needs and he fits our need and scheme, however, there were better players left on my board. Slay is a tall good press cover corner, who has good speed. He lacks at finding the ball at times, and is not as good in zone. I was preying that we would trade up for Justin Hunter or that he would fall to us. He was my #1 WR on my board and has elite potential.
My pick: Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State

Round 3 #3 Larry Warford, G, Kentucky- A+
Great pick here and I have no complaints. Warford will be a day 1 starter at RG and has a ton of potential. I would say that he may have been one of the best values for any team in the whole draft. A great selection. I was hoping that Robert Alford would slip to us though.
My pick: Larry Warford, G, Kentucky

Round 4 #35 Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina- B
Taylor in my opinion was another good pick. He has a ton of potential and has the body to add weight. He has the size and speed to play well in the NFL, but did not produce in college which worries me.
My pick: Denard Robinson, RB/WR/KR, Michigan (I know must of you guys hate this pick, but he is fast, a playmaker, no character issues, and will help the team somewhere!)

Round 5 #32 Sam Martin, P, Appalachian State- F
I get that we need a Punter, but in no way should you ever take a punter in round 5, especially if we could have gotten him in the 7th...
My pick: Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson

Round 6 #3 Corey Fuller, WR, Virginia Tech- C-
I understand that Fuller has potential, but there was better players available and better WRs available. Disappointing pick here.
My pick: Cornelius Washington, DE, Georgia

Round 6 #31 Theo Riddick, HB, Notre Dame- B+
Riddick can do a lot, he can line up at WR, HB, and even return kicks. I like this pick a lot, but with already drafting Denard Robinson and Andre Ellington in my re-draft, I think that we should pass on Riddick.
My pick: Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State

Round 7 #5 Michael Williams, TE, Alabama- A
Williams is another great pick and will just replace Heller on the depth chart. No complaints here and an easy selection.
My pick: Michael Williams, TE, Alabama

Round 7 #39 Brandon Hepburn, LB, Florida A&M- C
I get that Hepburn is a decent selection, but was screaming to draft Da'Rick Rogers all day, so I'm still depressed that we passed on him.
My pick: Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
I like this a lot.
_________________
True fans are the most miserable when their team is losing.

They are also the most loyal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Draft_FanAddict


Joined: 09 Mar 2006
Posts: 2811
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDirt wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
MrDirt wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
MrDirt wrote:
I like the draft and the players we got. We probably have four week one starters from this draft (assuming Slay is all ready to go).

Of course, I don't do nearly as much research as others on here and I almost never look at game tape. Usually just look at other mock drafts and the rankings and descriptions from Scouts Inc.
I think you have fair expectations.

Ansah, Slay, Warford, and Martin should all be starting and making an impact. Who says you can't fill needs in the draft?


I think that its partially a result of having so many holes to fill. I do like this time of year, as hope springs eternal and we all have so much optimism.
Well yeah, we don't have S.F. roster, but even they looked to grab a starter through the draft with Reid. We were fortunate (or unfortunate) to have early picks in rounds 1-3, and drafted three solid prospects that could've made an impact on any team.

That's actually not a given every year through the draft. Warford should not have been available, thank our lucky stars he was.


Yah, we were lucky with him. If we would have taken him in the 2nd, we probably wouldn't have gotten a CB as good as Slay.
If this turns out to be true, and all four of those guys are starting/contributing week one, then this was a great draft and Mayhew has saved his job, IMO. HOWEVER, if less than three of those four are starting/contributing week one? GOOD-BYE, Mayhew.

You can't argue with results, and Mayhew's drafts have not produced good ones. This one needs to.
_________________
True fans are the most miserable when their team is losing.

They are also the most loyal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18518
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=515714&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

you guys are welcome

all my other mocks had warford in the 3rd also

dam yall got ziggy Sad
Im so happy we got Ansah Very Happy


Are you going to get his jersey?
Im going to try


I'd get one for you if you didn't get one for yourself. It absolutely has to happen. It wouldn't be right if you didn't. Laughing


I think we need to start a fundraiser to make sure he gets this jersey.


We can get him a jersey and present it to him at the next Lions-Gate. The kid has to have an Ansah jersey or something is wrong in the world.
_________________
Team Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=515714&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

you guys are welcome

all my other mocks had warford in the 3rd also

dam yall got ziggy Sad
Im so happy we got Ansah Very Happy


Are you going to get his jersey?
Im going to try


I'd get one for you if you didn't get one for yourself. It absolutely has to happen. It wouldn't be right if you didn't. Laughing


I think we need to start a fundraiser to make sure he gets this jersey.


We can get him a jersey and present it to him at the next Lions-Gate. The kid has to have an Ansah jersey or something is wrong in the world.
Consider it done, he only needs to show up if he can.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18518
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=515714&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

you guys are welcome

all my other mocks had warford in the 3rd also

dam yall got ziggy Sad
Im so happy we got Ansah Very Happy


Are you going to get his jersey?
Im going to try


I'd get one for you if you didn't get one for yourself. It absolutely has to happen. It wouldn't be right if you didn't. Laughing


I think we need to start a fundraiser to make sure he gets this jersey.


We can get him a jersey and present it to him at the next Lions-Gate. The kid has to have an Ansah jersey or something is wrong in the world.
Consider it done, he only needs to show up if he can.


Sounds like a plan to me.

You better be there, IDOG_det!
_________________
Team Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
IDOG_det


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 22961
Location: Ron Paul 2012 #JDI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry guys, Im going to buy the jersey Laughing
_________________


R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18518
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Don't worry guys, Im going to buy the jersey Laughing


Then come to Lions-Gate anyway. Cool
_________________
Team Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
IDOG_det


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 22961
Location: Ron Paul 2012 #JDI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Don't worry guys, Im going to buy the jersey Laughing


Then come to Lions-Gate anyway. Cool
I'll try to, but it might be hard to convince my parents to let me meet up with a bunch of strangers who are also grown men

They may just give Chris Hansen a call Laughing
_________________


R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group