Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who would you have taken?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Who would you have taken? Reply with quote

Who would you have taken with each of our picks?

Here's mine. Similar to my predraft mock it seems to be all defense.

1. Datone Jones DE/DT UCLA
2. David Amerson CB N.C. State
4. Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers
5. Jordan Poyer CB Orgeon State
6. Cornellius Washington DE Georgia
7. Marquess Wilson WR Washington State
Bears54

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: hmmmm i would of..... Reply with quote

1st round- Xaiver Rhodes (CB)
2nd round - Larry Warford or Brian Winters (OG)
4th round - Kahseen Greene (OL)
5th round - Kenny Stills or Josh Boyce (WR)
6th round- Jordan Mills (RT/OG)
7th round- Best available player

That's who I would of taken......

I don't know why Emery didn't trade back in the 1st round....I would of traded back to pick #34......Kyle Long Still would of been available still and could of picked up an extra 3rd and 4th round pick. Then our draft could of looked like this....

2nd round (#34)- Kyle Long (RT)
2nd round (#50)- Jon Bostic (MLB)
3rd round (trade)- BW Webb (CB)
4th rounnd - Khaseen Green (OLB)
4th round (trade)- Kenny Stills or Josh Boyce (WR)
5th round- Washington (DE)
6th round- Jordan Mills (RT)
7th round- BAP
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. WR. Corradelle (or maybe DT. Floyd, so close)
2. LB. Jon Bostic
4. DT. Jesse Williams (If I picked Floyd then this would be WR. Quinton Patton)
5. OT. Jordan Mills
6. QB. Zac Dysert
7. CB. Marc Anthony
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: hmmmm i would of..... Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:

I don't know why Emery didn't trade back in the 1st round....I would of traded back to pick #34......Kyle Long Still would of been available still and could of picked up an extra 3rd and 4th round pick. Then our draft could of looked like this....

2nd round (#34)- Kyle Long (RT)
2nd round (#50)- Jon Bostic (MLB)
3rd round (trade)- BW Webb (CB)
4th rounnd - Khaseen Green (OLB)
4th round (trade)- Kenny Stills or Josh Boyce (WR)
5th round- Washington (DE)
6th round- Jordan Mills (RT)
7th round- BAP

The answer is pretty easily that the Bears didn't think Long would be there at 34. Word is the Cowboys traded down to 31 because they were targeting Long and thought they could get him there.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised how many people are just ignoring the OL in their re-mocks.

How quickly we fall into Jerry Angelo habits.

We need the OL fixed and this is how you do it.
IotaNet

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
... We need the OL fixed and this is how you do it.
This ^
Pool

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IotaNet wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
... We need the OL fixed and this is how you do it.
This ^

Seriously. We needed OL and LB's and took two of each in our first four picks. Which is a faaaaaaaaaar cry from what Angelo would have done. What else can you do?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without knowing that an insane value like Greene would be available in the 4th round this is tough to do but here we go,

1. OG Kyle Long
2. LB Jon Bostic
4. LB Khaseem Greene
5. OT Jordan Mills
6. DE Cornelius Washington
7. WR Marquess Wilson

In Emery we trust.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Without knowing that an insane value like Greene would be available in the 4th round this is tough to do but here we go,

1. OG Kyle Long
2. LB Jon Bostic
4. LB Khaseem Greene
5. OT Jordan Mills
6. DE Cornelius Washington
7. WR Marquess Wilson

In Emery we trust.

Dude.

Mind. Blown.

I agree completely - Emery had a better handle on this than any of us could. In Emery We Trust.

Seriously - are we doing hindsight drafts? Is that whats going on here?

This just goes back to the whole idea of people on here thinking they have even a clue about a prospect because they youtube scouted him.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 3 goals this offseason and they were to over haul the OL, get a TE and to get you get at LB.

All of those were accomplished.

I cannot complain about the small details because no plan in the NFL gets executed flawlessly.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

I wouldn't say ignoring, some of us just aren't sold that Long is a first round talent. Angelo in his last 5-6 years drafted around 8 OL, they just didn't pan out. 2 were first round picks too. We reached with Williams and Carimi, and if Long doesn't become a damn solid player, it would be easy to say this was an Angelo-like pick.

I'm not condemning the pick, but I'm not going to praise it like he is a sure-fire All Pro either. Really the only thing that makes this seem like a much better option is the fact that we have Kromer, who has a hell of a track record with developing lineman and helping protect the QB.
raq11

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I wouldn't say ignoring, some of us just aren't sold that Long is a first round talent. Angelo in his last 5-6 years drafted around 8 OL, they just didn't pan out. 2 were first round picks too. We reached with Williams and Carimi, and if Long doesn't become a damn solid player, it would be easy to say this was an Angelo-like pick.

I'm not condemning the pick, but I'm not going to praise it like he is a sure-fire All Pro either. Really the only thing that makes this seem like a much better option is the fact that we have Kromer, who has a hell of a track record with developing lineman and helping protect the QB.

Sorry it doesn't work like this. Neither Williams nor Carimi were reaches. They simply didn't work out. Go look at grades from 2008, I doubt any question the Chris Williams pick, let alone thinking he's not a 1st rounder. Carimi...I don't know a Bears fan who wasn't getting nervous around pick 15 as to whether or not he'd be there. Both sure-fire 1st rounders, saying they weren't now is just distorting the facts.
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

A "reach" is in the eye of the beholder, but most mock drafts at the time had Carimi and Williams respectively going in the 1st round. I don't remember hearing any draft expert saying that those picks were reaches (not that it really matters).

Angelo seemed to draft more on college production, while Emery seems to like to draft for measurables and potential. Carimi and Long are very different prospects that illustrate the difference between their draft philosophies.
IotaNet

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raq11 wrote:
... Carimi...I don't know a Bears fan who wasn't getting nervous around pick 15 as to whether or not he'd be there. Both sure-fire 1st rounders, saying they weren't now is just distorting the facts.
This is the absolute truth. Bears fans (myself included) were ecstatic about Carimi falling to us! He was agreat pick but he simply hasn't panned out ... yet.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raq11 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Sorry it doesn't work like this. Neither Williams nor Carimi were reaches. They simply didn't work out. Go look at grades from 2008, I doubt any question the Chris Williams pick, let alone thinking he's not a 1st rounder. Carimi...I don't know a Bears fan who wasn't getting nervous around pick 15 as to whether or not he'd be there. Both sure-fire 1st rounders, saying they weren't now is just distorting the facts.

I can agree on Carimi, but I hated the Williams pick. I don't care about how people compared him to D'Brickashaw Ferguson or not, he was well known for being a "finesse" lineman, meaning to me that he was not strong or aggressive, two things that are a terrible combination in a lineman. He was known to struggle with agile defenders, which makes it almost incomprehensible to think that he could handle pros who are bigger, stronger, faster, and more technically sound, when let's face it, the agility for a lineman has a limited ceiling compared to most of the DEs/OLBs they will face. So he was too weak to play inside and couldn't keep up with speedy players, so where was he suppose to thrive? So his "finesse" style was a liability. I preferred Otah was my #1 for that draft (ignoring Long for obvious reasons) and didn't look at Williams as a first rounder.

Carimi was known for sloppy footwork, but having the strength to make up for it. With coaching I thought he would learn to be more consistent there. I don't know if he was completely unable to do his drops after his injury, if his coaching was just terrible, or he was just lazy (still don't believe the last one) but he was obviously not as strong at the point of contact last year. That is understandable, but if the injury has him hindered to the point he was too slow to even have his feet under him in the kick technique they should have just shut him down. If the injury robbed him of the strength and speed to be effective, by all means I can't fault the man. I still hope he comes back solid and plays for the next several years for us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: