Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stadium Saga Part XIV: Design Star
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eastern Walrus wrote:
But I HAVE to get drunk in a parking lot at 9am... It's just how it's suppose to be

9am? Wow...

A later starter, are we?

Laughing

Proud Minnesota Vikings season ticket holder!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikes_Bolts1228 wrote:
Eastern Walrus wrote:
But I HAVE to get drunk in a parking lot at 9am... It's just how it's suppose to be

9am? Wow...

A later starter, are we?

Laughing

he didn't say which day at 9 am...

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Vikes_Bolts1228 wrote:
Eastern Walrus wrote:

9am? Wow...

A later starter, are we?

Laughing

he didn't say which day at 9 am...

It better be no later than the Friday before...

vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aesthetically, the Metrodome never looked as if it was completely finished. It was built on the cheap and was functional in the way a National Guard armory is functional. It served a purpose. It wasn’t a sports palace. In fact, it’s a dump that won’t be missed when the dynamite is detonated (maybe they save money by letting the first January snow bring the roof down again).

http://min.scout.com/2/1306564.html

Laughing

Webmaster wrote:
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With no definitive word on a tailgating area, it looks like the only 'tailgating' at the new Valhalladium may likely be the '1 mph inchworm (i.e. caterpillar) crawl' in bumper-to-grill traffic on the hwys leading to the Valhalladium parking lot$.

I have a compromise idea. But, first; can anyone tell me if it is illegal to grill food in the cargo area of a pickup or flatbed truck in Minnesota, whether parked or traveling at 1-2 mph on a Minnesota hwy?

Wink
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With concerns growing over a rapidly dwindling supply of prime tailgating spots around their new downtown Minneapolis stadium for the 10,000 or so gameday tailgaters, the team has asked city officials to consider expanding the area for pre- and postgame festivities.

The request, made at a meeting Thursday of the city’s Stadium Implementation Committee, comes in response to feedback from some disgruntled season-ticket holders over a $400 million office, retail and housing development near the stadium that will gobble up more than 800 premium tailgating spaces.

Vikings officials surveyed nearly 22,000 single-game or season-ticket holders on the issue this spring. Nearly two-thirds of the roughly 3,000 fans who responded said it was “very important” to be able to pull out the coolers and the grills and continue the tailgating tradition at the new stadium. More than half, however, said they wanted to be within walking distance of the stadium and preferred not to park and tailgate at lots farther away or use a shuttle service to get to and from the game.

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/217044811.html

Webmaster wrote:
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
More than half, however, said they wanted to be within walking distance of the stadium and preferred not to park and tailgate at lots farther away or use a shuttle service to get to and from the game.

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/217044811.html

The LAST thing you want to do is be stuck on a bus with a bunch of drunk fans especially AFTER the game...

vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sports panel has delayed final approval of contracts for the Minnesota Vikings’ new stadium until it can review litigation involving team owner Zygi Wilf and his family. The Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority had planned to consider the final agreements Aug. 23. But the authority said Tuesday those agreements will be considered at a future meeting.

The panel has retained Peter Carter of the Dorsey & Whitney law firm to head a group to conduct the review. The Star Tribune reports the chair of the Stadium Authority, Michele Kelm-Helgen, says the planned October groundbreaking for the nearly $1 billion stadium is still on schedule.

http://min.scout.com/2/1315899.html

Webmaster wrote:
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
A sports panel has delayed final approval of contracts for the Minnesota Vikings’ new stadium until it can review litigation involving team owner Zygi Wilf and his family. The Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority had planned to consider the final agreements Aug. 23. But the authority said Tuesday those agreements will be considered at a future meeting.

The panel has retained Peter Carter of the Dorsey & Whitney law firm to head a group to conduct the review. The Star Tribune reports the chair of the Stadium Authority, Michele Kelm-Helgen, says the planned October groundbreaking for the nearly $1 billion stadium is still on schedule.

http://min.scout.com/2/1315899.html

Nobody should be worried, IMO.

Could you imagine the outrage if the "powers that be" decided NOT to go ahead with the construction? Lawsuits galore!!!

disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just have to do it for show. There's nothing that's going to stop it now, because as you indicated, there would be lawsuits galore at this point.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although a New Jersey judge's ruling against Minnesota Vikings owners Zygi and Mark Wilf has "certainly undermined my confidence in their veracity," Gov. Mark Dayton says he is not ready to pull the plug on the team's $975 million stadium deal with the state.

The fate of the stadium will depend on the outcome of a background investigation of the Wilfs ordered by the state board overseeing the project, Dayton said Wednesday during an interview on Minnesota Public Radio's "The Daily Circuit" show.

Meanwhile, the National Football League said Wednesday it remains committed to the Vikings stadium project despite the state audit of the Wilfs. A spokesman said the league would move forward with the $200 million loan it guaranteed to help finance the team's $477 million investment in the stadium.

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_23860669/faith-vikings-undermined-by-owners-mark-dayton-says

Webmaster wrote:
tickleMEpurple

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The implication of that ^ is that the lawmakers were going to sign the stadium contract without reading the entire thing. This is a minor speed bump, and I doubt it hurts the stadium in the long run. However, if this does get delayed another year for whatever reason, I would not be surprised if the wilfs pack up the vikings and finally move.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tickleMEpurple wrote:
The implication of that ^ is that the lawmakers were going to sign the stadium contract without reading the entire thing. This is a minor speed bump, and I doubt it hurts the stadium in the long run. However, if this does get delayed another year for whatever reason, I would not be surprised if the wilfs pack up the vikings and finally move.

If it gets delayed for a year, they wouldn't pack it up and move. The only way that they would pack it up and move is if the Legislature overturned the law. That won't happen.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Purplexing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tickleMEpurple wrote:

To LA? No longer an option. IMO, it never was.
Purplexing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
tickleMEpurple wrote:

If it gets delayed for a year, they wouldn't pack it up and move. The only way that they would pack it up and move is if the Legislature overturned the law. That won't happen.

It's a different legislature since the deal was approved, right?

Things have changed since then, right? [recent judgement against the Wilfs.]

Knowing the inertia in political systems, I tend to agree with you. But I wouldn't be so certain as to make even as little as a sig bet on it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 20 of 24

Jump to: