Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stadium Saga Part XIV: Design Star
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
are you actually back to the line of why don't the Vikings play at the U of M stadium permanently again?

Laughing

He'll be saying that 10 years after the Vikings are in the new stadium.

I think he's just trolling, though.

Proud Minnesota Vikings season ticket holder!
tickleMEpurple

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Vikes_Bolts

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/New-Vikings-Stadium-QA-How-Long-Will-My-Wait-At-The-Restroom-Be/d0fb03fa-37bc-4ad6-8a81-a37c6b3fedec

Quote:
John Hedlund – Will I be able to go to the bathroom in the third quarter and not miss the entire fourth quarter?
No question. That issue will be alleviated in a couple of ways. First, the new stadium will contain approximately 100,000 more square feet of concourse space than Mall of America Field. While the two 360-degree concourses will vary in width, the plans currently call for a main concourse average width of 43 feet, while the upper concourse will average 38 feet in width. (For comparison, the concourses at Mall of America Field have a 24-foot average width.) That alone will immensely help relieve congestion in the concourses. In addition, the number of restrooms and points of sale will be significantly increased as compared to Mall of America Field. In the new stadium, the current general admission restroom ratio will be 1/40 for women and 1/60 for men for the first 1,500 fans (ratios are still being finalized but will change after first 1,500 fans). Furthermore, there will be approximately 255 fixed points of sale within the general admission concourses, not including portable kiosks or the points of sale within clubs and suites. All of this combined will tremendously cut down on wait times and allow fans to enjoy the entire game.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We knew that question was coming at some point. Laughing

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the bathroom 4 or 5 times when I was at Target Field and never had to wait. I'm sure going to the bathroom will be the least of our worries in the new stadium.
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tickleMEpurple wrote:
@Vikes_Bolts

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/New-Vikings-Stadium-QA-How-Long-Will-My-Wait-At-The-Restroom-Be/d0fb03fa-37bc-4ad6-8a81-a37c6b3fedec

Quote:
John Hedlund – Will I be able to go to the bathroom in the third quarter and not miss the entire fourth quarter?
No question. That issue will be alleviated in a couple of ways. First, the new stadium will contain approximately 100,000 more square feet of concourse space than Mall of America Field. While the two 360-degree concourses will vary in width, the plans currently call for a main concourse average width of 43 feet, while the upper concourse will average 38 feet in width. (For comparison, the concourses at Mall of America Field have a 24-foot average width.) That alone will immensely help relieve congestion in the concourses. In addition, the number of restrooms and points of sale will be significantly increased as compared to Mall of America Field. In the new stadium, the current general admission restroom ratio will be 1/40 for women and 1/60 for men for the first 1,500 fans (ratios are still being finalized but will change after first 1,500 fans). Furthermore, there will be approximately 255 fixed points of sale within the general admission concourses, not including portable kiosks or the points of sale within clubs and suites. All of this combined will tremendously cut down on wait times and allow fans to enjoy the entire game.

Purplexing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
are you actually back to the line of why don't the Vikings play at the U of M stadium permanently again?

Laughing

That was never my position.

No one has returned to the pages that started the discussion of the TCF / Gophield to see the points being discussed.

When they do, they will see why I repeat my remarks on the issue.
Purplexing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikes_Bolts1228 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Laughing

He'll be saying that 10 years after the Vikings are in the new stadium.

I think he's just trolling, though.

No one has returned to see the original discussion.

I could discuss the issue ten years out if anyone chooses to broach the subject at that point.

I will still hold my position on the issue (which no one has yet retraced) at that time.
Purplexing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Went to the bathroom 4 or 5 times when I was at Target Field and never had to wait. I'm sure going to the bathroom will be the least of our worries in the new stadium.

Because there will be no tailgating area to imbibe before the game?

( I suspect that someone had an 'accident' or two whilst waiting in line at the restroom. Thus, their infatuation with the issue. )
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings are investigating the options for tailgating surrounding the new stadium, but nothing has been set yet. On Monday, plans were announced for the construction of two large parking ramps outside the new Vikings stadium. The ramps are scheduled to be built in the area currently used for tailgating and the announcement has some fans wondering if there will be any tailgating allowed.

Director of Corporate Communications Jeff Anderson addressed the topic on the Vikings official website Monday following the announcement of the planned parking ramp construction with Ryan Companies.

Anderson: “We know traditional tailgating is important for Vikings fans and out our goal is to ensure that it continues with the new stadium. While we have some time to develop those plans, we are already well underway working on this team priority. We recently completed an internal survey of season ticket owners to better understand the approximate number of fans who tailgate. We have also been working with Impark, our game day parking operator, to identify parking lots throughout the downtown Minneapolis corridor as potential tailgate locations for the future. This report, along with the survey, will help shape our internal conversations as well as our discussions with the City of Minneapolis officials, who agreed to address expanding the tailgate zone as part of the stadium legislation.”

http://min.scout.com/2/1304470.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a day when the Minnesota Twins hosted the New York Yankees at Target Field, another baseball game was held at the Metrodome. The game featuring two amateur teams from Wisconsin was the last baseball game ever to be played at the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome.

The baseball mounds will be taken out on Wednesday and the field will be configured back to football in plenty of time for the Minnesota Vikings. They will play their final season at the Metrodome this year.

http://www.kare11.com/sports/article/1030589/24/Final-baseball-game-played-at-Metrodome

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
The Vikings are investigating the options for tailgating surrounding the new stadium, but nothing has been set yet. On Monday, plans were announced for the construction of two large parking ramps outside the new Vikings stadium. The ramps are scheduled to be built in the area currently used for tailgating and the announcement has some fans wondering if there will be any tailgating allowed.

Director of Corporate Communications Jeff Anderson addressed the topic on the Vikings official website Monday following the announcement of the planned parking ramp construction with Ryan Companies.

Anderson: “We know traditional tailgating is important for Vikings fans and out our goal is to ensure that it continues with the new stadium. While we have some time to develop those plans, we are already well underway working on this team priority. We recently completed an internal survey of season ticket owners to better understand the approximate number of fans who tailgate. We have also been working with Impark, our game day parking operator, to identify parking lots throughout the downtown Minneapolis corridor as potential tailgate locations for the future. This report, along with the survey, will help shape our internal conversations as well as our discussions with the City of Minneapolis officials, who agreed to address expanding the tailgate zone as part of the stadium legislation.”

I completed that survey and based off the questions, it does NOT look promising.

A couple of the questions dealt with something along the lines of "If taligating were farther downtown, would you be interested in taking a shuttle bus from the tailgating area to the stadium?"

Another said something along the lines of the Vikings setting up picnic tables along the plaza area where you can rent them or something and bring your grill to them.

So in other words...they have NO idea what they're going to do for tailgating.

CDub

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see them staying in Minnesota for a long, long time. Was worried there for a little bit. Stadium looks like it's going to be amazing.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikes_Bolts1228 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

I completed that survey and based off the questions, it does NOT look promising.

A couple of the questions dealt with something along the lines of "If taligating were farther downtown, would you be interested in taking a shuttle bus from the tailgating area to the stadium?"

Another said something along the lines of the Vikings setting up picnic tables along the plaza area where you can rent them or something and bring your grill to them.

I say just continue with the railgating, that was pretty awesome, good food and just pack the street with food trucks, was great the two times I did it, I was tempted even some games where I didn't have tickets to go down there and railgate.

Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Vikes_Bolts1228 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

I say just continue with the railgating, that was pretty awesome, good food and just pack the street with food trucks, was great the two times I did it, I was tempted even some games where I didn't have tickets to go down there and railgate.

It's not the same, though. Half the experience is cooking your own food and what-not. I did the food truck thing a few times last year and found it a lot less interesting than tailgating. It's like the half-(butted) version of tailgating, IMO.

Eastern Walrus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I HAVE to get drunk in a parking lot at 9am... It's just how it's suppose to be
2013 Adopt a Minnesota Viking - Xavier Rhodes - CB - #29

XBL - Eastern Walrus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 19 of 24

Jump to: