Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grade the 2013 Miami Dolphins Draft....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What grade you giving this draft..
A
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
B
65%
 65%  [ 28 ]
C
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
D
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
F
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 43

Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
The Dallas Thomas pick was a terrible pick IMO.

The trade down and then back up, and then the pick of Davis was just head scratching to me.

I liked every other pick.......but for those reasons I give it a C.

Davis is a ball hawk that we need.

I'm extremely skeptical that he will be a ball hawk any time soon in the NFL.

If he works out for us then I see him as a Nickle package cover man, and IMO that's his ceiling.....but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I just feel like we could have gotten a true starter at another position in that spot of the draft.

I believe he is going to surprise a lot of people.... Although I might be a little biased.... I did coach him in HS

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

The trade down and then back up, and then the pick of Davis was just head scratching to me.

If he works out for us then I see him as a Nickle package cover man, and IMO that's his ceiling.....but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I just feel like we could have gotten a true starter at another position in that spot of the draft.

I believe he is going to surprise a lot of people.... Although I might be a little biased.... I did coach him in HS

Was he as afraid to tackle people in HS as he was in college?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

Not sure where you think he is afraid to tackle. He goes for the ball. He came in raw playing only his senior year at CV. Played WR also. When he blitzed he was quick to get to the QB.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
bpastermack

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

Not sure where you think he is afraid to tackle. He goes for the ball. He came in raw playing only his senior year at CV. Played WR also. When he blitzed he was quick to get to the QB.

On film that I saw, he shies away from blockers, and sort of makes it look like he made an effort, but He does not come across on film as a guy that is physical enough to be anything more than a nickle CB in the NFL. He could put some weight on and get more physical at the next level, but I saw a guy who mostly played patty cake with blockers and dove at players legs when attempting to make a tackle. He very much looked like someone who in general shied away from contact. But hey, so did Dion Sanders, and he was so good in coverage that it didn't matter. And we didn't bring him here to be a press man coverage guy.

Plus the NFL is a different game now. A CB can't get physical with a receiver for very long down the field anyways, so maybe that's not a trait that will matter much? He has great backpedal, and fast hips, and seems to have solid instincts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: