Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I loved the giants draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
I think Eric Herman might be my favorite player that we drafted. I know they might just be highlights, but the dude is pancaking different guys every game consistently. It's incredible. He looks like a freaking bull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=YxBMlSFSxo8&NR=1

His pulls, getting to the 2nd level, pure strength, turning his defender, it's all literally perfect. What the hell. How did he fall to the 7th round?

I think I may have to agree here, in terms of round value at least. I'm not sure how he was still around in the 7th, but I think he could end up being a starter. I like all our guys from the draft tbh, at first i was upset with the Pugh pick, because I wanted a defensive stud, but I understand it and after watching more of him, he's got really good feet and should be able to play RT, which was definitely a need. I like Hankins, would have preferred Arthur Brown, but Hankins was up there and he's a good border-line first run-stuffing talent that should clog up lanes when on the field. Moore is phenomenal value in the middle of the 3rd round--I thought he would be a second. I'm excited to see what we do with Cooper Taylor, I like that we took a gamble on an athletic freak who has upside and see if we can utilize his potential. With Rolle, Brown, Will Hill, Mundy, and Sash (Thomas?) all at the position, is a move to LB possible? We do need youth and most importantly speed there, to hold our ground against offenses like Washington and Philadelphia twice a year. Eric Herman i just raved about Herman, who could potentially fill in the RG spot for the future next to Pugh and be a mauler for Wilson. Cox... well the Giants like him, so I'll take their word. I'd give this draft a B+/A-. I like the talent and depth added to the trenches, that's how you control and win games/championships.
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
I think Eric Herman might be my favorite player that we drafted. I know they might just be highlights, but the dude is pancaking different guys every game consistently. It's incredible. He looks like a freaking bull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=YxBMlSFSxo8&NR=1

His pulls, getting to the 2nd level, pure strength, turning his defender, it's all literally perfect. What the hell. How did he fall to the 7th round?

Yeah he looks pretty good. I really do like all of our picks.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the nassib pick. We basically wasted two picks on a backup QB and Eli has never missed a game. We still have David Carr...

We missed out on some other players that addressed more of a need. Nassib will never see the field. How is he justifiably worth two picks?
Byrdman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
I don't like the nassib pick. We basically wasted two picks on a backup QB and Eli has never missed a game. We still have David Carr...

We missed out on some other players that addressed more of a need. Nassib will never see the field. How is he justifiably worth two picks?

Finally someone else agrees with me. Lattimore would have been a great pick. Could have sat a year then let brown walk.
ESKY008

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking as an 80s child I'm pretty disappointed in not drafting Baccari Rambo. Not for skillsets just to buy his jersey. Hopefully he has a brother coming through the ranks or even better. A BALBOA
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESKY008 wrote:
Speaking as an 80s child I'm pretty disappointed in not drafting Baccari Rambo. Not for skillsets just to buy his jersey. Hopefully he has a brother coming through the ranks or even better. A BALBOA

I think we would have taken him in the 6th but instead we gave up 2 picks for a backup QB that will never see the field and will sign a contract elsewhere because he will be close to 30 by the time Eli retires.
I don't follow this logic... We could have had so many better players...

Rambo will be an excellent safety if used right. And he went to the skins. Makes me sick
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too liked the draft. Each pick was a solid value pick. I also really liked the Nassib pick and thought we would draft of QB. We have been spoiled with Eli and his durability. The organization realizes the importance of successorship and planning for it. The Steelers and other successful organizations do it also. It's the right time. Carr is getting old and expensive. Perfect time to groom the next. Some may not have been old enough to have experienced the Dave Brown and Kent Graham era. Welcome to the NY Football Giants Nassib.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:
I too liked the draft. Each pick was a solid value pick. I also really liked the Nassib pick and thought we would draft of QB. We have been spoiled with Eli and his durability. The organization realizes the importance of successorship and planning for it. The Steelers and other successful organizations do it also. It's the right time. Carr is getting old and expensive. Perfect time to groom the next. Some may not have been old enough to have experienced the Dave Brown and Kent Graham era. Welcome to the NY Football Giants Nassib.

Ehh I feel like it's 2-3 years to early. Eli easily has another 5-6 years in him barring any career ending injuries. I think this pick was more for future value rather then Eli's heir.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
dkebones

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:

to me these two comments are at odds. the only reason the organization may realize the importance is because of the Kent Graham and Dave Brown eras. Smile

with that said, you better be learning A LOT to trade up to get a guy that arguably might not even make the roster.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit, initially, I wasn't a big fan of Pugh because of value and scheme fit, but I think he could be a better version of Diehl. Diehl was a solid contributer at multiple OL positions throughout his Giants time, including playing LT during the Super Bowls.

Hankins will be a good contributor to our DT rotation for the next several years. He has the talent and showed some versatility at Ohio St.

Moore could be a real steal. We have good vet leadership on defense to keep him straight off-the-field (look at Will Hill). He gets a year to be a rotational DE, add strength, and be a great compliment to JPP.

If before the combine someone old you we would get Moore, Hankins, Nassib, and Pugh in Rounds 1-4, you would've called them crazy.

Nassib wasn't my favorite QB in the draft, but he can sit and learn behind Eli. At best, he develops well and turns into a future 1-2 rnd pick. At worst, he is better than David Carr, and certainly Curtis Painter. Would've liked to kept the 6th, but I see the value here.

Taylor might be perfect for the Deon Grant 3rd S/Hybrid LB role. Could eventually move to SLB. I can't see him being a traditional S, but we have Trel and Brown for that now, with Will Hill and/or TT in the wings. Likely will compete with Mundy for a roster spot.

Herman is one of my favorite picks. A real mauler who should excel in our system. Should be a backup OG and compete with Mosley to replace Boothe next year. A prime example of how good guards can be mined late.

I honestly don't know much about Cox. So hopefully he has value somewhere.

Liked the UDFAs. Davis could be a Ramses Barden, Sabino seems like a good fit at elephant LB role, Clement is a DE turned TE who is probably a practice squad guy this year with potential or more later, and the DBs always have room to fit in if they play ST well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another thing about the nassib pickup, he's only gonna cost us 600k a year to be a clip holder. compared to vet minimum at almost a mill. saves us four hundred k a year roughly. which is worth it to keep nicks Cruz and jpp.

also, if for any reason, Eli goes down, we have a guy to step in now. Carr hasn't played a significant down of football in 5 plus years... and when you are throwing to nicks Cruz randle Myers and Wilson... hell you can stick me in at qb Smile

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually love this draft as well. Feel that the Giants walked away with four, 1st /2nd round picks. The Giants also drafted several need positions without reaching for anything. Defensive front four struggled against the rush and we draft a mammoth run stuffer in Hawkins. With Kiwanuka moving back to DE and the addition of Moore with the 3rd pick, gives us once again 4 quality pass rushers.

Offensive line was lacking depth and we had a huge question mark at right tackle. Pugh I believe can be an immediate impact blocker on the right side allowing David Diehl to be a plug in play floater across the line. Then the undrafted E. Herman was an awesome addition. Another big body with freaking meat hooks for hands, having done much digging into this but I believe Ohioís center is either deaf or hard of hearing. In watching the tape it looked like Herman made the offensive line adjustments or at least replayed them to their center and then a tap on center so that he would know when to snap the ball. Anyone else notice what Iím talking about or have the answer to why he does what he does?

The Nassib pick didnít surprise me at all, Jerry Reese is always looking at the BPA on their board and Ryan just happened to be that guy. I think he is a solid talent, very accurate passer that doesnít get rattled in a collapsing interior. I think really what I love about this pick isnít his intangibles itís that the Giants felt comfortable enough in their roster to draft a position of such little need. I think they see Ryan as someone that they can groom over the next 4 years, and either resign him to take over for Manning or trade him with some value.

Also like the Sabino UDFA pick. I donít think that the Giants are done at linebacker in the free agent market. Wouldnít mind seeing the return of Boley for a cheaper price, still think he has more to offer the team. At the very least some more competition to the position needs to be added.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
GEE MEN wrote:

to me these two comments are at odds. the only reason the organization may realize the importance is because of the Kent Graham and Dave Brown eras. Smile

with that said, you better be learning A LOT to trade up to get a guy that arguably might not even make the roster.

Yes that's what I meant Surprised

I think given the hard/flat caps expected under the new CBA I think they are planning for him to be Eli's heir and will work on him. If the kid shows a pulse in the offseason he will make the roster-- I think the David Carr era is over. Too expensive to hold the clipboard under the new CBA. Eli may have multiple years left but a decade in the NFL is a long time without and injury and we may actually see the kid get reps before we know it.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
GEE MEN wrote:

Ehh I feel like it's 2-3 years to early. Eli easily has another 5-6 years in him barring any career ending injuries. I think this pick was more for future value rather then Eli's heir.

I agree in part. Eli may have 5-6 years in him but I think that only 2-3 really good years then the tail off. By year 3, Nassib will ready like Rodgers.

Desperado82 wrote:
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
GEE MEN wrote:

I agree in part. Eli may have 5-6 years in him but I think that only 2-3 really good years then the tail off. By year 3, Nassib will ready like Rodgers.

You think Eli can only play like this for 2-3 years? I disagree. He only hit his prime a year or two ago. I think he can stay at this level for at least 5 years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: