Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I loved the giants draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballpro15

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: I loved the giants draft Reply with quote

Got a beast OT, Osi's replacement, and our next generation QB
Looking forward to next season Smile
Byrdman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope that we won't be replacing are Franchise QB in the next 6+ years. Wasted 2 picks.
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still feel Pugh's pick was motivated by needs. All of our first round picks in recent years have hit one of our biggest needs. Seems like we don't start going BPA till we hit the later rounds. At least we don't have to watch Diehl for much longer!

Hankins was okay. Fair value. Don't like the player type. I wanted a pass rushing DT. Him and Linval are really similar. Can be talented. I don't see the Wilfork comparisons. CBS mentioned Mebane, and I think thats a little closer.

Moore is amazing.

Nassib is good value. I don't like trading up in later rounds. Best strategy for late picks in my mind is just taking a ton of chances. As for Nassib, I think its too early to be drafting Eli's replacement. If hes not getting time soon, hes not worth much. Hopefully we can flip him for at least a second in a few years. Getting anything less than that seems like a waste to me, given Eli's history. Maybe it's unreasonable to just keep thinking Eli will be so durable.

I haven't watched much of other guys.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't love it, but I liked it. And I honestly think it will turn out to be more fruitful than some Giants drafts I have loved in the past.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
I didn't love it, but I liked it. And I honestly think it will turn out to be more fruitful than some Giants drafts I have loved in the past.

Agree with this strongly. I could see where each of the guys we picked fit on the roster and could have a role right away. Combine that with their talent and the fact that all of these guys bring it on game days, and I think this is going to be a great draft.

Also like the guys we brought in UDFA. Seem like a good group with potential.

^Stone85 on the sig^
wraith

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the fact in the rare occasion that eli my get hurt we have someone serviceable that can fill in for him. i have to commend the staff on the draft they had
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

Agree with this strongly. I could see where each of the guys we picked fit on the roster and could have a role right away. Combine that with their talent and the fact that all of these guys bring it on game days, and I think this is going to be a great draft.

Also like the guys we brought in UDFA. Seem like a good group with potential.

It doesn't have "that guy" or a lot of all-star potential that other Giants drafts have which is why I'm not in love with it, but yeah, the guys all have spots and could fill spots right away.

Save The Hero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
It doesn't have "that guy" or a lot of all-star potential that other Giants drafts have which is why I'm not in love with it, but yeah, the guys all have spots and could fill spots right away.

I think Damontre can be that guy for this class. But yeah there isn't that one guy that sticks out as right now.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needed a Run Stopper. Hankins is that player. Issue with pass rush was teams were running the ball so effectively & getting into 3rd & shorts. Couldn't use the situational packages. Damontre Moore is great value in the 3rd.

Nassib is the start of a longterm project- Finding Eli Manning's eventual successor. Look how the Broncos grabbed Dysert. You build a database of Notes on developing young QBs. We tried one from an Air Raid Offense (Andre Woodson). We've tried a high upside guy (Rhett Bomar) who lacked leadership qualities. This is what Belichick has been doing in New England for years. Taking notes on young QBs development. Determining what qualities are necessary to find a Franchise QB of the future.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the Moore and Rb pick. I just really Dont get WHERE OUR LINEBACKERS ARE. WE HAVE 5. Connor paysinger herz j-will and I don't count rivers because he will play 3 games!! Look I get were not big on LBs but this is the worst unit in the league or at least bottom 3
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
Loved the Moore and Rb pick. I just really Dont get WHERE OUR LINEBACKERS ARE. WE HAVE 5. Connor paysinger herz j-will and I don't count rivers because he will play 3 games!! Look I get were not big on LBs but this is the worst unit in the league or at least bottom 3

We run a 4-3, but how often do we actually have 3 LBs on the field? On downs 1 and 2, we'll have our thumper Dan Connor and most likely either J Will or Rivers on the field with our 3 safeties. Then on 3rd down, Connor comes out and we'll keep J Will in to man the middle while we rush a few, keep 2-3 CBs back and have a 3 safety look that Fewell loves so much.

Coughlin admitted that we didn't really address the LB problem. But honestly, LB is probably the least important position on our team. We could use an upgrade, but Connor, J Will, Rivers, Paysinger, and Herzlich should be ok for a while.

minutemancl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Eric Herman might be my favorite player that we drafted. I know they might just be highlights, but the dude is pancaking different guys every game consistently. It's incredible. He looks like a freaking bull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=YxBMlSFSxo8&NR=1

minutemancl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
I think Eric Herman might be my favorite player that we drafted. I know they might just be highlights, but the dude is pancaking different guys every game consistently. It's incredible. He looks like a freaking bull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=YxBMlSFSxo8&NR=1

His pulls, getting to the 2nd level, pure strength, turning his defender, it's all literally perfect. What the hell. How did he fall to the 7th round?

ESKY008

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coughlan also said that we prob weren't finished with free agency to see who is out there.

Boley, dansby, D smith all spring to mind not to mention cuts

Plus I think Kiwi is staying put at LB
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwi will be a DE this year. He excels there and in my opinion he is better than osi. I don't want Boley back lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: