Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UDFA Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KCLIFE


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 235
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top undrafted rookies following 2013 NFL Draft tracking


http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000164858/article/top-undrafted-rookies-following-2013-nfl-draft
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91jmay


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 24552
Location: Wonderland
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Rumless wrote:
Some interesting tidbits on Twitter in the scouting community regarding Bray:

@Schottey wrote:
One scout just texted that his GM refuses to even consider Tyler Bray (QB Tennessee)…called his whiteboard interview the worst he'd seen.

@Schottey wrote:
Apparently, some of Tennessee's other players in this class aren't exactly fond of Bray & didn't do him any favors when asked about him

@NFLosophy wrote:
If Andy Reid can't fix Tyler Bray, no 1 can. Told not FB issues. Deep personality issues.Actually heard term "sociopath" in relation to Bray


I was really not a fan of Bray's coming out and am glad we didn't use a pick on him. This is zero risk. My main concern is if half of these scouting insights are true, if we put this guy in a position of power... hm.

He either becomes a football player or he gets cut. Curious to see what happens.


Well, considering he was once graded out as a late 1st rounder and he just went completely undrafted, I think it's safe to say he just got a reality check. Something like that changes a man. Well, that's true for most people, anyway. Time will tell with Bray.

I'm not optimistic, personally.


Who graded out Bray as a late first? Great arm, but nothing else.
_________________
Silver&Black88 wrote:
smokey1212 wrote:

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
marnz


Joined: 16 Mar 2013
Posts: 222
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On one of bray interview when asked how he would feel about being a backup he said its ok as long as I vet paid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22815
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:
Rumless wrote:
Some interesting tidbits on Twitter in the scouting community regarding Bray:

@Schottey wrote:
One scout just texted that his GM refuses to even consider Tyler Bray (QB Tennessee)…called his whiteboard interview the worst he'd seen.

@Schottey wrote:
Apparently, some of Tennessee's other players in this class aren't exactly fond of Bray & didn't do him any favors when asked about him

@NFLosophy wrote:
If Andy Reid can't fix Tyler Bray, no 1 can. Told not FB issues. Deep personality issues.Actually heard term "sociopath" in relation to Bray


I was really not a fan of Bray's coming out and am glad we didn't use a pick on him. This is zero risk. My main concern is if half of these scouting insights are true, if we put this guy in a position of power... hm.

He either becomes a football player or he gets cut. Curious to see what happens.


Well, considering he was once graded out as a late 1st rounder and he just went completely undrafted, I think it's safe to say he just got a reality check. Something like that changes a man. Well, that's true for most people, anyway. Time will tell with Bray.

I'm not optimistic, personally.


Who graded out Bray as a late first? Great arm, but nothing else.


It was more than a year ago, but there were several scouting sites who had him ranked either as a late 1st or an early 2nd.
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4207
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanzi>Bray

Some people still don't get that great arm, nothing else that stands out, and several negatives shouldn't even be considered "upside" guys. Jeff George, Russel...

Upside guys are those who are short, or maybe accurate but without a strong arm, or even a guy like Tebow has more upside than Bray.
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5789
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is zero risk to this, if he isn't good enough, he goes away. No loss.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91jmay


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 24552
Location: Wonderland
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
There is zero risk to this, if he isn't good enough, he goes away. No loss.


Yeah he was a 7th-to UDFA flyer type guy, and it is worth the risk considering his arm.

I don't recall him ever being projected as a 1st rounder thought it was Geno, Barkley and Wilson were considered the 1st round QBs. Could be wrong though.
_________________
Silver&Black88 wrote:
smokey1212 wrote:

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Diesel2692


Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 2653
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Stanzi>Bray

Some people still don't get that great arm, nothing else that stands out, and several negatives shouldn't even be considered "upside" guys. Jeff George, Russel...

Upside guys are those who are short, or maybe accurate but without a strong arm, or even a guy like Tebow has more upside than Bray.



Are you kidding? Laughing You can' tjust categorize all "upside" players in one neat little group.

Of course Bray is an "upside" guy. He plays the most important position on the field. This guy is 6'6 232 pounds and has a major league arm, the best in the draft. He can make every throw in the NFL. Scouts LOVE his stature, arm and gunslinger mentality.

What they don't love is his sloppy footwork and inconsistent release..(two things our QB gurus can absolutely work on. And his inmaturity and attitude.

Most trusted scout sites I saw had him realistically pegged as 3rd rounder because of his talents sinc he is still a work in progress. He came out early, he really needed another year to work on his craft AND to mature. Make no mistake this guy physically screams 1st round talent. If he will mature and put the work in our coaches ask of him he is the poster child of "upside" . Getting him as an UDFA is a no brainer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marnz


Joined: 16 Mar 2013
Posts: 222
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:
There is zero risk to this, if he isn't good enough, he goes away. No loss.


Yeah he was a 7th-to UDFA flyer type guy, and it is worth the risk considering his arm.

I don't recall him ever being projected as a 1st rounder thought it was Geno, Barkley and Wilson were considered the 1st round QBs. Could be wrong though.
it was early in his colege career people thought he would be top 10

Then they found out he has little work ethic is horrible decision maker and queationable accuracy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Diesel2692


Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 2653
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another interesting pickup in the UDFAs we got is DB C.J. Jones of Texas A&M 6'0 192

He didn't get to play much at Texas A & M but tested off the charts
4.38 forty, 40.5" vertical, and 11' 5" broad jump.

Will be interesting to watch him in camp. Will they be looking at him as a CB or FS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marnz


Joined: 16 Mar 2013
Posts: 222
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
Another interesting pickup in the UDFAs we got is DB C.J. Jones of Texas A&M 6'0 192

He didn't get to play much at Texas A & M but tested off the charts
4.38 forty, 40.5" vertical, and 11' 5" broad jump.

Will be interesting to watch him in camp. Will they be looking at him as a CB or FS.
damn with those measurables he should be on ps for sure
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Da_Zou13


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 2615
Location: Columbia
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Stanzi>Bray

Some people still don't get that great arm, nothing else that stands out, and several negatives shouldn't even be considered "upside" guys. Jeff George, Russel...

Upside guys are those who are short, or maybe accurate but without a strong arm, or even a guy like Tebow has more upside than Bray.

I literally LOL'd after reading that. I wonder if all the concerns are maturity issues. Let's no forget that these guys are really just big kids that are still growing up. Bray will benefit from sitting for a couple years, and he might even end up on the practice squad for the first year. He can earn a paycheck and figure out how to be a professional, while learning the NFL game.

Anyway, its not like we are relying on him at all. If he sucks, cut him.
_________________

Props to LOTO on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 9069
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marnz wrote:
91jmay wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:
There is zero risk to this, if he isn't good enough, he goes away. No loss.


Yeah he was a 7th-to UDFA flyer type guy, and it is worth the risk considering his arm.

I don't recall him ever being projected as a 1st rounder thought it was Geno, Barkley and Wilson were considered the 1st round QBs. Could be wrong though.
it was early in his colege career people thought he would be top 10

Then they found out he has little work ethic is horrible decision maker and queationable accuracy


Now, when you say horrible decision maker, are you taking on the field or off the field? Off the field, I absolutely agree. On the field, I think his accuracy and decision making is being underrated a bit here. Neither are stellar, but neither are bad either.

The guy was still projected to be a low 2nd, high 3rd rounder pretty recently too. The guy dropped because of mechanics and personality. Don't confuse that with him not being a good QB.
_________________

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
7 catches, 130 yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 9069
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:
There is zero risk to this, if he isn't good enough, he goes away. No loss.


Yeah he was a 7th-to UDFA flyer type guy, and it is worth the risk considering his arm.

I don't recall him ever being projected as a 1st rounder thought it was Geno, Barkley and Wilson were considered the 1st round QBs. Could be wrong though.


He was sort of projected to be projected to be a 1st rounder. Prior to this past season, most people thought he was going to make that jump and play at an elite level. So he wound up in 1st round mocks before the 2012 college season. It didn't happen though, and he wound up slotted as a 2nd/3rd rounder, as projected by most.
_________________

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
7 catches, 130 yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Diesel2692


Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 2653
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy has the size and arm you look for. Most real "scouts" attribute his at times inaccuracy to his mechanics ie sloppy footwork. I'm sure Reid is more than happy to get a guy like this to try to work with. It will be up to Bray, if he's willing to mature, listen to our coaches and put the work in he absolutely has a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group