Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UDFA Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KCLIFE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top undrafted rookies following 2013 NFL Draft tracking

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000164858/article/top-undrafted-rookies-following-2013-nfl-draft
91jmay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Rumless wrote:
Some interesting tidbits on Twitter in the scouting community regarding Bray:

@Schottey wrote:
One scout just texted that his GM refuses to even consider Tyler Bray (QB Tennessee)…called his whiteboard interview the worst he'd seen.

@Schottey wrote:
Apparently, some of Tennessee's other players in this class aren't exactly fond of Bray & didn't do him any favors when asked about him

@NFLosophy wrote:
If Andy Reid can't fix Tyler Bray, no 1 can. Told not FB issues. Deep personality issues.Actually heard term "sociopath" in relation to Bray

I was really not a fan of Bray's coming out and am glad we didn't use a pick on him. This is zero risk. My main concern is if half of these scouting insights are true, if we put this guy in a position of power... hm.

He either becomes a football player or he gets cut. Curious to see what happens.

Well, considering he was once graded out as a late 1st rounder and he just went completely undrafted, I think it's safe to say he just got a reality check. Something like that changes a man. Well, that's true for most people, anyway. Time will tell with Bray.

I'm not optimistic, personally.

Who graded out Bray as a late first? Great arm, but nothing else.

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
marnz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On one of bray interview when asked how he would feel about being a backup he said its ok as long as I vet paid
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:
Rumless wrote:
Some interesting tidbits on Twitter in the scouting community regarding Bray:

@Schottey wrote:
One scout just texted that his GM refuses to even consider Tyler Bray (QB Tennessee)…called his whiteboard interview the worst he'd seen.

@Schottey wrote:
Apparently, some of Tennessee's other players in this class aren't exactly fond of Bray & didn't do him any favors when asked about him

@NFLosophy wrote:
If Andy Reid can't fix Tyler Bray, no 1 can. Told not FB issues. Deep personality issues.Actually heard term "sociopath" in relation to Bray

I was really not a fan of Bray's coming out and am glad we didn't use a pick on him. This is zero risk. My main concern is if half of these scouting insights are true, if we put this guy in a position of power... hm.

He either becomes a football player or he gets cut. Curious to see what happens.

Well, considering he was once graded out as a late 1st rounder and he just went completely undrafted, I think it's safe to say he just got a reality check. Something like that changes a man. Well, that's true for most people, anyway. Time will tell with Bray.

I'm not optimistic, personally.

Who graded out Bray as a late first? Great arm, but nothing else.

It was more than a year ago, but there were several scouting sites who had him ranked either as a late 1st or an early 2nd.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanzi>Bray

Some people still don't get that great arm, nothing else that stands out, and several negatives shouldn't even be considered "upside" guys. Jeff George, Russel...

Upside guys are those who are short, or maybe accurate but without a strong arm, or even a guy like Tebow has more upside than Bray.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is zero risk to this, if he isn't good enough, he goes away. No loss.
91jmay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:

Yeah he was a 7th-to UDFA flyer type guy, and it is worth the risk considering his arm.

I don't recall him ever being projected as a 1st rounder thought it was Geno, Barkley and Wilson were considered the 1st round QBs. Could be wrong though.

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Stanzi>Bray

Some people still don't get that great arm, nothing else that stands out, and several negatives shouldn't even be considered "upside" guys. Jeff George, Russel...

Upside guys are those who are short, or maybe accurate but without a strong arm, or even a guy like Tebow has more upside than Bray.

Are you kidding? Laughing You can' tjust categorize all "upside" players in one neat little group.

Of course Bray is an "upside" guy. He plays the most important position on the field. This guy is 6'6 232 pounds and has a major league arm, the best in the draft. He can make every throw in the NFL. Scouts LOVE his stature, arm and gunslinger mentality.

What they don't love is his sloppy footwork and inconsistent release..(two things our QB gurus can absolutely work on. And his inmaturity and attitude.

Most trusted scout sites I saw had him realistically pegged as 3rd rounder because of his talents sinc he is still a work in progress. He came out early, he really needed another year to work on his craft AND to mature. Make no mistake this guy physically screams 1st round talent. If he will mature and put the work in our coaches ask of him he is the poster child of "upside" . Getting him as an UDFA is a no brainer.
marnz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:

Yeah he was a 7th-to UDFA flyer type guy, and it is worth the risk considering his arm.

I don't recall him ever being projected as a 1st rounder thought it was Geno, Barkley and Wilson were considered the 1st round QBs. Could be wrong though.
it was early in his colege career people thought he would be top 10

Then they found out he has little work ethic is horrible decision maker and queationable accuracy
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another interesting pickup in the UDFAs we got is DB C.J. Jones of Texas A&M 6'0 192

He didn't get to play much at Texas A & M but tested off the charts
4.38 forty, 40.5" vertical, and 11' 5" broad jump.

Will be interesting to watch him in camp. Will they be looking at him as a CB or FS.
marnz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
Another interesting pickup in the UDFAs we got is DB C.J. Jones of Texas A&M 6'0 192

He didn't get to play much at Texas A & M but tested off the charts
4.38 forty, 40.5" vertical, and 11' 5" broad jump.

Will be interesting to watch him in camp. Will they be looking at him as a CB or FS.
damn with those measurables he should be on ps for sure
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Stanzi>Bray

I literally LOL'd after reading that. I wonder if all the concerns are maturity issues. Let's no forget that these guys are really just big kids that are still growing up. Bray will benefit from sitting for a couple years, and he might even end up on the practice squad for the first year. He can earn a paycheck and figure out how to be a professional, while learning the NFL game.

Anyway, its not like we are relying on him at all. If he sucks, cut him.

Props to LOTO on the sig.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marnz wrote:
91jmay wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:

it was early in his colege career people thought he would be top 10

Then they found out he has little work ethic is horrible decision maker and queationable accuracy

Now, when you say horrible decision maker, are you taking on the field or off the field? Off the field, I absolutely agree. On the field, I think his accuracy and decision making is being underrated a bit here. Neither are stellar, but neither are bad either.

The guy was still projected to be a low 2nd, high 3rd rounder pretty recently too. The guy dropped because of mechanics and personality. Don't confuse that with him not being a good QB.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
7 catches, 130 yards
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:

He was sort of projected to be projected to be a 1st rounder. Prior to this past season, most people thought he was going to make that jump and play at an elite level. So he wound up in 1st round mocks before the 2012 college season. It didn't happen though, and he wound up slotted as a 2nd/3rd rounder, as projected by most.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
7 catches, 130 yards
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy has the size and arm you look for. Most real "scouts" attribute his at times inaccuracy to his mechanics ie sloppy footwork. I'm sure Reid is more than happy to get a guy like this to try to work with. It will be up to Bray, if he's willing to mature, listen to our coaches and put the work in he absolutely has a chance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: