Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Best and Worst Broncos Selections
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Broncos Best Selection
Sylvester Williams, NT, UNC
62%
 62%  [ 22 ]
Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Kayvon Webster, DB, South Florida
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Quanterus Smith, DE, W.Kentucky
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Tarvarres King, WR, Georgia
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Vinston Painter, OT, Virginia Tech
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Zac Dysert, QB, Miami of Ohio
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 35

Author Message
marktheshark


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 5428
Location: NYC
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Best and Worst Broncos Selections Reply with quote

Round 1: Sylvester Williams, NT, UNC
Round 2: Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
Round 3: Kayvon Webster, DB, South Florida
Round 5: Quanterus Smith, DE, W.Kentucky
Round 5: Tarvarres King, WR, Georgia
Round 6: Vinston Painter, OT, Virginia Tech
Round 7: Zac Dysert, QB, Miami of Ohio


Who was the best and worst pick during the draft?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 12489
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Pick: Zac Dysert. I thought he was a much better player. i'm interested in seeing hat he can do. He has the talent to be a good QB and I dont know where stigma came he doesnt like football. I heard part is he isn't jumping around and always super excited but that doesnt mean he doesnt care. So we'll see wouldnt surprise me if he's better than Os

Worst Pick: Montee Ball. He was biggest reach of the class imo. I think he can be a solid RB. That's about it.
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot: Tim Wright
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
paul-mac


Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 8712
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite pick(shocker) was Q Smith. I think he's a lot like Bruce Irvin and whilst I called Irvin the worst draft pick of all time, that was in the first round not the 5th. The niche role that Smith will play is exactly what Denver needed and if his ACL holds up he might produce similar stats to his namesake Aldon.


Worst pick for me Kayvon Webster. I think he's a solid prospect, maybe a reach but that I can live with, but I've said since day one that corner in the top 100 is a terrible idea as he's now basically in a position battle with Omar Bolden to be the 5th string corner.



I would rank our choices, best to worst, as:


Q Smith
Montee Ball
Sly Williams
Vinston Painter
Zac Dysert
Tarvaris King
Kayvon Webster
_________________
Big Palooka wrote:
Broncos won't make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5124
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
Best Pick: Zac Dysert. I thought he was a much better player. i'm interested in seeing hat he can do. He has the talent to be a good QB and I dont know where stigma came he doesnt like football. I heard part is he isn't jumping around and always super excited but that doesnt mean he doesnt care. So we'll see wouldnt surprise me if he's better than Os

Worst Pick: Montee Ball. He was biggest reach of the class imo. I think he can be a solid RB. That's about it.


Wow Donut. Balls not a reach at all. Incredibly durable and does everything well, nothing great.

Curtis martin was a solid RB, got you 1500+- combined yds per year for ever. Ball and martin are almost clones. I'll take that every day as a late 2nd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ToastedOats


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 2993
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all of the picks. Webster models his game after Champ, Williams is a great fit, Ball just scores, Smith gets after the QB, King great upside, Painter unknown, Dysert great pick in the 7th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mke1010


Joined: 08 Mar 2008
Posts: 1769
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:
I like all of the picks. Webster models his game after Champ, Williams is a great fit, Ball just scores, Smith gets after the QB, King great upside, Painter unknown, Dysert great pick in the 7th.


What he said. Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 12489
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Donut wrote:
Best Pick: Zac Dysert. I thought he was a much better player. i'm interested in seeing hat he can do. He has the talent to be a good QB and I dont know where stigma came he doesnt like football. I heard part is he isn't jumping around and always super excited but that doesnt mean he doesnt care. So we'll see wouldnt surprise me if he's better than Os

Worst Pick: Montee Ball. He was biggest reach of the class imo. I think he can be a solid RB. That's about it.


Wow Donut. Balls not a reach at all. Incredibly durable and does everything well, nothing great.

Curtis martin was a solid RB, got you 1500+- combined yds per year for ever. Ball and martin are almost clones. I'll take that every day as a late 2nd.

I dont think he's going to be curtis Martin. i dont think he's going to be a bad player. i think he'll be an ok RB. I just dont think he's a 2nd round value for him. I saw him as a guy to get in 3rd early 4th.

Only guy I'm not familiar w/ is Quanterus Smith. I've familiarized myself decently w/ Webster and Painter to project them. There isn't a pick I dislike, I think Ball was a bit of a reach and he'll be decent. I dont expect him to be what Akrna expects.
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot: Tim Wright
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
hibdib31


Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 1476
Location: NoVA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sly Williams was the best IMO. Denver finally invested a first round pick into a disruptive interior defensive lineman and were fortunate that Williams fell to pick #28.
_________________
Elite...and it's not even close.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5124
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Donut wrote:
Best Pick: Zac Dysert. I thought he was a much better player. i'm interested in seeing hat he can do. He has the talent to be a good QB and I dont know where stigma came he doesnt like football. I heard part is he isn't jumping around and always super excited but that doesnt mean he doesnt care. So we'll see wouldnt surprise me if he's better than Os

Worst Pick: Montee Ball. He was biggest reach of the class imo. I think he can be a solid RB. That's about it.


Wow Donut. Balls not a reach at all. Incredibly durable and does everything well, nothing great.

Curtis martin was a solid RB, got you 1500+- combined yds per year for ever. Ball and martin are almost clones. I'll take that every day as a late 2nd.

I dont think he's going to be curtis Martin. i dont think he's going to be a bad player. i think he'll be an ok RB. I just dont think he's a 2nd round value for him. I saw him as a guy to get in 3rd early 4th.

Only guy I'm not familiar w/ is Quanterus Smith. I've familiarized myself decently w/ Webster and Painter to project them. There isn't a pick I dislike, I think Ball was a bit of a reach and he'll be decent. I dont expect him to be what Akrna expects.


we'll chat about it in a few years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iLikeDefense


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 2523
Location: San Diego
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best: Sylvester Williams--He had two good years of production in college and has good measurements for an attacking DT. Needs to be taught better use of hands, movements and like Anti said, needs to learn how to hustle/jog better.

Worst: Montee Ball-- I like him as a player and think he'll be good for year, I am buying what 67 is saying about his durability+ playing in a RB committee. I just hate where we took him and who we could have had.

Most interesting: Kayvon Webster--I had him going into the 7th round, so I think it was a huge reach but I like how he plays and his potential.
_________________

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Winder23


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 4256
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Sly Williams pick the most. Looks to be a great guy and possible leader. I have been clamoring for a stud DT for years and hopefully we got him. He should impact immediately in the rotation, especially giving a nice inside push.

The pick I like the least is the one we didn't make. I really wanted a safety, but apparently Elway doesn't see it this way. Oh well at least we got the DT I have wanted for years.

Overall this is a good draft. It isn't flashy or promise to yield any superstars, but they could all be contributors for some time.
_________________
GO BRONCOS!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
b_rent87


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 2294
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From best to worst even though I don't think there was one bad pick and taking into account where they were picked

Sly
Q
Dysert
King
Painter
Ball
Webster
_________________


Props to Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RazorStar


Joined: 12 Sep 2010
Posts: 1215
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying someone is the next Curtis Martin is ridiculously high praise. Any back may have the body, but few have the grit and toughness to churn out what Martin did season after season.

In any case I think we nailed it with Sly. The Webster pick has me scratching my head, but that's because I don't know anything about him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5124
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RazorStar wrote:
Saying someone is the next Curtis Martin is ridiculously high praise. Any back may have the body, but few have the grit and toughness to churn out what Martin did season after season.

In any case I think we nailed it with Sly. The Webster pick has me scratching my head, but that's because I don't know anything about him.


Not really. CM was never special, ever!! He was however consistent, and reliable.

His HOF selection had more to do with him playing a long time than anything else. He was never the best back in the league, probably not even the 3rd or 4th best. He was however always there.

This kid has exactly what you mentioned. Grit and toughness. Skill set, he and Martin are quite similar.

Not like I'm comparing him to Brown, Dickerson, Payton, Earl campbell, et al.

Anyway, thinking CM was special in any area outside of longevity is delusional. He was an above average back for a very long time. Thats it!

Ball seems like the same thing.


Last edited by AKRNA on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobdevine


Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 2219
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post-draft presser by Elway and Fox:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Elway-Draft-Fell-Well-For-Us/95c187c0-78d9-4045-9c14-c613bc22ffdb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group