Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grade The Patriots 2013 Draft!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's The Final Mark?
A+
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
A
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
A-
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
B+
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
B
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
B-
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
C+
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
C
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
C-
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
D+
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
D-
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
F
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 39

Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
Good draft. I'm not a fan of all the picks but the picks that matter (pass rusher, two wideouts) look very promising.

Factoring the trade in, this is a terrible draft though. Aaron Dobson could have been Cordarrelle Patterson. Collins is most likely there at 59, and if he isn't, we could go Bennie Logan, or trade down. Just take Boyce at 93 and Buchanon at 235. So annoyed.

It's always easier if you know the future.
Tom Brady Tribute
24isthelaw

NextBigThing wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
Good draft. I'm not a fan of all the picks but the picks that matter (pass rusher, two wideouts) look very promising.

Factoring the trade in, this is a terrible draft though. Aaron Dobson could have been Cordarrelle Patterson. Collins is most likely there at 59, and if he isn't, we could go Bennie Logan, or trade down. Just take Boyce at 93 and Buchanon at 235. So annoyed.

The fact that you think the difference between Patterson and Dobson is worth the downgrade from Collins to Bennie Logan makes me Laughing

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
PatriotsWin!

NextBigThing wrote:
The trade is just a huge buzzkill. All of the picks were pretty much reaches outside of Josh Boyce.

We had 29, 59, 91, and 235. We could have done Patterson, Collins (if not him, several good defenders went after him), Boyce, and Buchanon.

Was the massive downgrade from Patterson to Dobson worth

-Logan Ryan- 5th string corner who will never play - total luxury pick
-Duard Harmon - sucks
-Steve Beahaemis - who?

?? I, for one, certainly do not think so. Bad trade made worse by epic reaches. The only possible question mark would be "Does Collins fall 6 more spots?". If the answer is no, 59 + the 7th may have gotten us to 52. Or if we don't care, there were several solid defenders who went after him.

Awful trade, IMO.

It was actually:

WR Patterson
RB Jeff Demps

for:

LB Jamie Collins
CB Logan Ryan
WR Josh Boyce
RB LeGarrette Blount

I didn't like the trade at first, but looking at it now it looks good.

Mack on the sig
_Oypus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's with the Rutgers fascination now? Why couldn't it have started when Sanu was in the draft? Laughing
Richter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:

Whatever else you feel about the trade and the draft class, please do not compare Jamie Collins to Bennie freakin' Logan.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:

Whatever else you feel about the trade and the draft class, please do not compare Jamie Collins to Bennie freakin' Logan.

Yeah Collins is a consistent athletic freak. Bennie needed another year at LSU. Especially with everyone that had declared before him. He was a 5th or later talent to me before the end of college ball and I feel the same today. I watched quite a few Tigers games because it's my lady friends favorite squad.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can anyone accurately "grade" a draft before any of the players play a single down ?? I'll give you my grade on the 2013 draft in 2016.....With that being said...

New England's 2010 draft gets a solid A from me....McCourty, Gronk, Cunningham, Spikes, Hernandez, Mesko, Deaderick are all vital pieces to the success of this upcoming season (with the exception of Cunningham and Deaderick, but still contributing pieces).

24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
Yeah Collins is a consistent athletic freak. Bennie needed another year at LSU. Especially with everyone that had declared before him. He was a 5th or later talent to me before the end of college ball and I feel the same today. I watched quite a few Tigers games because it's my lady friends favorite squad.

Yeah he doesn't look like an NFL caliber player to me. His frame and burst off the ball jump out at you. But when you watch him play, there's nothing special there...

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

Yeah he doesn't look like an NFL caliber player to me. His frame and burst off the ball jump out at you. But when you watch him play, there's nothing special there...

He disappeared for a lot of the games I saw. Made some real good plays behind the LOS but never on a consistent enough basis enough this early in his development. If he would have stayed I think he possibly could have improved to a solid second rounder.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:

That is assuming Collins doesn't fall another 6 picks, which he very well may have.

Patterson, Collins, Boyce, and Buchanon >>>>>>>>>>> what ended up happening.
Richter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Richter wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:

That is assuming Collins doesn't fall another 6 picks, which he very well may have.

Patterson, Collins, Boyce, and Buchanon >>>>>>>>>>> what ended up happening.

Whatever, just don't compare those guys. They aren't even in the same league.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact we got Jamie Collins and Josh Boyce makes this draft for me. I like Dobson as well, and I think that Logan Ryan fits within the context of our scheme and wasn't bad value. Buchanan and Beauharnais should be developmental. Harmon, we shall see.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
BP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go with my "Love, Like, Don't-Mind" categories since I'm not a professional and the guys making all these picks are. As a fan, I loved getting Michael Buchanan with one of our sevenths, Josh Boyce with a fourth, and Steve Beauharnais with another seventh. I also love the addition of LeGarrette Blount for peanuts as I think he's a guy who can come in and run hard on short yardage situations and convert in the redzone. Another thing I take away from this draft is that the Patriots have addressed pass rusher in a few different ways. Now, reports of John Abraham finally signing aboard are surfacing from a semi-reliable source. What these reports tell me is a reflection of Abraham's views of the success the Patriots have had in the last three days. For that reason, combined with the potential as an enforcer to the defense, I love the Jamie Collins selection as well. My questions with Collins as a self-disciplined, motived leader and ultimately contributor on the football field remain however. I liked Aaron Dobson relatively speaking for the spot we got him and in comparison to his peers at the position. The rest of the picks I don't mind; Logan Ryan in the third and his teammate safety Duron Harmon. Overall, I think it was a good haul for the value that was had, however I am left with a sense, like others of being dissatisfied with some of th tactical maneuvers and perhaps philosophical approaches the Patriots continue to take into these drafts, year in and year out.
cochise

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not initially a fan of the trade. Quality over Quantity for me. Over the last 3 drafts the Pats have had 28 picks and 18 are still on the 53 man roster. I was ok with a 5 pick draft as long as specific needs were addressed. But now I think NBT is vastly underestimating the pick of Logan Ryans. He might be the 5 th corner now but he is tremendous insurance against the final make or break season for Ras-I Dowling. It really does come down to Dobson and Ryan against Patterson. I think its reasonable to think that Dobson and Ryan might prove more valuable than Patterson. Especially if Talib decides to leave after this season.
m haynes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan06 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:

Rolling Eyes

We get it. Leave us alone with all this [inappropriate/removed]. Just post all this garbage in your ridiculous thread so most of us can ignore it.
Don't bother. Cordarrelle Patterson is a bust waiting to happen. Run fast makes you a great WR. I don't think so. AD has all the other important skills needed to make it in the Pros, WE have seen CP in a Pats uniform before, his name at that time it was Bethal Johnson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: