Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grade The Patriots 2013 Draft!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's The Final Mark?
A+
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
A
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
A-
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
B+
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
B
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
B-
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
C+
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
C
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
C-
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
D+
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
D-
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
F
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 39

NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Grade The Patriots 2013 Draft! Reply with quote

What do you give em? We added Jamie Collins, Aaron Dobson, Logan Ryan, Duard Harmon, Josh Boyce, Michael Buchanon, and Steve Beauharnais.

We also traded the opportunity to draft Cordarrelle Patterson. That alone makes this a C- at best.

I feel like our draft could have been Cordarrelle Patterson, Jamie Collins, Josh Boyce, and Michael Buchanan...and it would have been a grand slam. Instead we pass on CP to get a worse receiver, a 5th string corner who will hopefully never need to play, Duard Harmon, and Steve Beakjhdhsdkjhsdkjhds.

I give us a C-.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear

Last edited by NextBigThing on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Grade The Patriots 2013 Draft! Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
What do you give em? We added Jamie Collins, Aaron Dobson, Duard Harmon, Josh Boyce, Michael Buchanon, and Steve Beauharnais.

We also traded the opportunity to draft Cordarrelle Patterson. That alone makes this a C- at best.

Missed Logan Ryan

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said B+

Great job filling holes. Definitely have a few higher upside guys, the usual head scratcher, but I think we got some good depth guy that can MAKE plays.

Definitely happy post draft. Ask me in 2 years as usual though, but today, B+

Good work Bill!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Richter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give it a B-, because there were some players that were poor values. If some of these guys pan out the way I think they will, though, the grade will go up.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also got Blount in the draft Laughing

But really, I'm happy with the draft, we got our needs and other than Harmon and Beauharnais, each pick draws some level of excitement.
Tom Brady Tribute
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B+

Only one I truly hated was that Rutgers S (edit: and the Blount trade). I like that they went with a lot of freaks with potential.

Mack on the sig

Last edited by PatriotsWin! on Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deadpulse

I feel like the only bad pick was Harmon. Every other one was either sound (Ryan and Buchanan) to exciting (Collins and Boyce). It is hard to complain, every team is going to have one headscratcher

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
patsfan25

This is one of the more fan friendly drafts I've witnessed. As a fan I scouted, and recruited all of Jamie Collins, Logan Ryan, Aaron Dobson, Josh Boyce, and Michael Buchanon. It was a great draft for the fan forum here to be specific, and I'm glad we all got to enjoy the draft together. I like the class a lot. Really hope they all pan out like we project them too.
Forced Fumbles:1
PDs2:
INTs:1
Pick 6s:
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trade is just a huge buzzkill. All of the picks were pretty much reaches outside of Josh Boyce.

We had 29, 59, 91, and 235. We could have done Patterson, Collins (if not him, several good defenders went after him), Boyce, and Buchanon.

Was the massive downgrade from Patterson to Dobson worth

-Logan Ryan- 5th string corner who will never play - total luxury pick
-Duard Harmon - sucks
-Steve Beahaemis - who?

?? I, for one, certainly do not think so. Bad trade made worse by epic reaches. The only possible question mark would be "Does Collins fall 6 more spots?". If the answer is no, 59 + the 7th may have gotten us to 52. Or if we don't care, there were several solid defenders who went after him.

Awful trade, IMO.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear

Last edited by NextBigThing on Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good draft. I'm not a fan of all the picks but the picks that matter (pass rusher, two wideouts) look very promising. Called it an A- because I see serious potential to contribute in that trio. Plus some nice projects in Ryan and Buchanan. Solid A- imo.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So huh... what now? Laughing

Lets go URFA!
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
patsfan06

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A- easily.

Three guys that can make an impact year 1 (Collins, Dobson, Boyce)
Two guys that have the potential to be solid starters/contributers in important sub-packages (Ryan, Buchanon)
Two guys that bring nice versatility, leadership and special teams ability (Harmon, Beauharnais)

BB did it again IMO.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Good draft. I'm not a fan of all the picks but the picks that matter (pass rusher, two wideouts) look very promising.

Factoring the trade in, this is a terrible draft though. Aaron Dobson could have been Cordarrelle Patterson. Collins is most likely there at 59, and if he isn't, we could go Bennie Logan, or trade down. Just take Boyce at 93 and Buchanon at 235. So annoyed.
patsfan06

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
Good draft. I'm not a fan of all the picks but the picks that matter (pass rusher, two wideouts) look very promising.

Factoring the trade in, this is a terrible draft though. Aaron Dobson could have been Cordarrelle Patterson. Collins is most likely there at 59, and if he isn't, we could go Bennie Logan, or trade down. Just take Boyce at 93 and Buchanon at 235. So annoyed.

Rolling Eyes

We get it. Leave us alone with all this [inappropriate/removed]. Just post all this garbage in your ridiculous thread so most of us can ignore it.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-....Because where we ended up selecting majority of our first 4 rounds we got supreme value. Collins, Dobson, Ryan and Boyce make it for me. Then you include Armstead and Blunt as "extras". Blunt as a 7th rd pick basically for a guy who wanted to run more than he wanted to play with Brady. Armstead is right around the same age as these guys, and led the CFL'S interior lineman in sacks. Some very respectable football people said he is just like a 1st red pick this season. That trade and that haul does is for me. A-

AAP-Chandler Jones-12 tkls, 2 sax, 1 FF & 1 TD
Wk 2 AFC POTW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: