Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers Select BJ Daniels with the 237th pick
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: 49ers Select BJ Daniels with the 237th pick Reply with quote

Daniels earned Big East All-Freshman honors in 2009, but had somewhat of a sophomore slump in 2010 with more interceptions (13) than touchdowns (11) and career lows in both passing and rushing yards.

He started all but one game in 2011 as a junior and set career-bests in passing yards (2,604) and completions (215), but South Florida registered just five wins, the program's lowest total since 2004 when Daniels was a freshman in high school.

Although he is listed at just six-foot tall, Daniels is a very athletic passer, using his legs to elude pressure and pick up yards on the ground when needed (1,634 career rushing yards). He is a poised and confident player in the huddle, but has streaky timing as a passer and struggles under pressure when forced to accelerate his delivery.
If he wishes to have any future at the next level, Daniels needs to improve his accuracy, specifically the ball placement to his targets with a career completion percentage under 58.0%. He is a long-shot to get drafted at this point, but he has his senior season to show NFL scouts that he can stay healthy and consistent.

--Dane Brugler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's basically Troy Smith without the heisman.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Pandomonium

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have preferred Matt Scott at 237 if they wanted to take another QB

It's Hard
It's rough
and it doesn take crap off anyone
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted a QB late, was hoping for Renfree. But if Harbaugh wants this guy, I can live with it. Hopefully we'll have the same QB for a while anyways

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandomonium wrote:
I would have preferred Matt Scott at 237 if they wanted to take another QB

+1

Hard to understand the thinking in some of their preferences.. but whatever... gotta believe they do more scouting than I do. Rolling Eyes

___
phinsforlife

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BJ was greatly crippled by Skip Holtz's offense and while his success at USF wasn't great, after going down with an ankle injury our offense went from average to completely abominable. USF fans really saw the impact BJ made.

One quote from Leavitt a little while back, after Holtz was fired, said he believed BJ would've been far and beyond USF's best QB in history and won a conference champ under his offense.
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Marquardt is STILL there... Rolling Eyes
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really like QBs who couldn't win in college. Doubt he sticks around.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meanwhile, we havent drafted ONE cornerback the entire draft while our division opponents have loaded up at WR

It's Hard
It's rough
and it doesn take crap off anyone
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:
Wanted a QB late, was hoping for Renfree. But if Harbaugh wants this guy, I can live with it. Hopefully we'll have the same QB for a while anyways

i thought we would get him

jim recruited him to stanford. and he almost went

new sig... sorry alex
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandomonium wrote:
meanwhile, we havent drafted ONE cornerback the entire draft while our division opponents have loaded up at WR

Yeah but we did a lot to improve our pass rush. Tank and lemonwaa should be able to make contributions from day one as edge rushers. I like the idea of some form of ray mac, Justin, Aldon and Dorsey inside with some combination of Aldon, brooks and the two rooks on the outside in the nickel. Everyone of those guys can get after the qb and now that we finally have enough quality dlman we should be able to get some form of rotation going, something we haven't done much of on the DL since fangio took control of the d.

Honestly this is what I was hoping we would have done last season bc I knew that its a lot to ask of guys to play such a high number of snaps for so many years. We need to plan for a 19 game season

We added nnamdi to an already solid secondary, Eric reid is going to be a very good 49er for a very long time. I like the moves we have made for the most part. There were probably less than 5 corners in this draft that would have stolen pt from Cully, brown, aso and Rodgers. S was a much more glaring need than corner. So what did u really expect? Lots of our guys are on one year deals, which probably just means we will resign a couple when the time comes... not worried. As long as we have a killer pass rush and good safeties corners are easier to find than most think

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Twitter:

Harbaugh says BJ Daniels will compete at QB, but hasn't ruled out potentially playing RB or WR.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His size (minus weight) and play style seems similar to Russell's.. Perhaps he will be used simply a practice tool?
RedWhiteNGold

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:
His size (minus weight) and play style seems similar to Russell's.. Perhaps he will be used simply a practice tool?

Exactly. We have Wilson, RGIII, Cam, Locker, and Luck on the schedule this year as far as QBs that can run pretty well. He could help us prep for those or other players at other positions if we keep him on the PS.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedWhiteNGold wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:

Exactly. We have Wilson, RGIII, Cam, Locker, and Luck on the schedule this year as far as QBs that can run pretty well. He could help us prep for those or other players at other positions if we keep him on the PS.

Now that would be the very definition of a luxury pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: