Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the 53
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how I see it atm.

QB- Rodgers, Harrell (unfortunately) 2 (2)
FB- Kuhn 1 (3)
RB- Lacy, Franklin, Harris, Green 4 (7)
WR- Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Johnson, Ross 5 (12)
TE- Finley, Quarless, Taylor, Mulligan 4 (16)
OL- Bulaga, Sherrod, Lang, Sitton, EDS, Barclay, Bakhtiari, Tretter, Newhouse 9 (25)

DL- Raji, Jones, Pickett, Neal, Worthy, Boyd, Daniels 7 (32)
OLB- Matthews, Perry, Moses, Mulumba 4 (36)
ILB- Jones, Bishop, Hawk, Manning, Barrington 5 (41)
CB- Williams, Shields, House, Hayward, Bush 5 (46)
S- Burnett, McMillian, Jennings, Ericksen 4 (50)

LS- Goode 1 (51)
P- Masthay 1 (52)
K- Crosby 1 (53)

Practice Squad-

1) B.J. Coleman, QB
2) Kevin Dorsey, WR
3) Andrew Datko, OT
4) Greg Van Roten, OG/OC
5) Jake Stoneburner, TE
6) Gilbert Pena, NT
7) Nate Palmer, OLB
Cool Damond Smith, CB (Whitt project with plus movement skills and good hips)

Last edited by Cadmus on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Ericksen over Hyde already? Not unheard of cutting a 5th, and it was my least favorite pick. Not sure I see that though. I think if Ericksen makes it, it is at the expense of MD.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Kampman74

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have carried six corners for as long as Mac has been here. Not saying that we will, just something to keep in mind.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not convinced Boyd will make the roster.

Likelihood of making roster in order IMO
Datone Jones - 99%
Eddie Lacy - 99%
Johnathan Franklin - 99%
David Bakhtiari - 90%
J.C. Tretter - 80%
Charles Johnson - 50%
Micah Hyde - 50%
Nate Palmer - 50%
Sam Barrington - 50%
Josh Boyd - 40%
Kevin Dorsey - 30%
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
^Ericksen over Hyde already? Not unheard of cutting a 5th, and it was my least favorite pick. Not sure I see that though. I think if Ericksen makes it, it is at the expense of MD.

I hated the Hyde Pick... worst pick of the draft IMO especially when you factor in board value.... think there's a good chance he falls flat on his face. They already admitted he has problems tracking the ball and that combined with his less than stellar speed makes him a liability on the outside.

4 other things in relation to that decision

- I had a 7th/PFA grade on Ericksen, guy fits the bill in terms of what Ted looks for in a safety prospect and has plus ball skills. I took a long look at both Ericksen and Palmer (Not the QB tho).

- Richardson has always been too stiff for my liking at the position

- As much as I may like to see Jennings at least have a serious competition for his roster spot conventional wisdom says that won't happen as long as McCarthy is here, they love the guy and he knows the system.

- I envision one of these UDFA CBs outperforming Hyde and while that doesn't necessarily mean a roster spot for them (probably would rather stash on PS) it does increase the likelihood that Hyde loses his... especially if Ericksen (or even Richardson for that matter) performs at the level I think they will in TC.

Also on the OLB-

Think Mulumba will be better off the bat and make the roster this year, but Palmer has more upside long term especially as a pass rusher.

Want to put Brandon Bostick on here badly and I thought about it as either the 4th TE or on the PS because I was so high on him out of Newberry, but he needs to stop fighting the ball every time he tries to catch it. Hope he proves me wrong.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
I'm not convinced Boyd will make the roster.

Likelihood of making roster in order IMO
Datone Jones - 99%
Eddie Lacy - 99%
Johnathan Franklin - 99%
David Bakhtiari - 90%
J.C. Tretter - 80%
Charles Johnson - 50%
Micah Hyde - 50%
Nate Palmer - 50%
Sam Barrington - 50%
Josh Boyd - 40%
Kevin Dorsey - 30%

I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. I didn't really like the pick. And I like all of our incumbent DBs aside from Jennings, and I don't really dislike him, I dislike him starting. I guess it would be disappointing to have wasted a pick.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
We have carried six corners for as long as Mac has been here. Not saying that we will, just something to keep in mind.

Very much realize that, but the way I see it Jennings and McMillian both have experience playing in the slot in dime and that 10th db probably will not be a game day active anyway. If you can hide the better of the two players you have competing for the 6th CB on the PS I think it would be a good way to free up a roster spot.

Out of the three Richardson is the probably the best teams player, Ericksen has the most upside overall and Hyde is somewhere in between. Nothing ever stood out to me about Hyde when I saw him... just a solid CB in college and I don't think it will translate to the pros.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hated the Hyde pick too. I honestly have never heard good things at all about him, even from Iowa fans. Couldn't believe it when TT took him in the 5th. Wouldn't surprise me to see him cut either.

El Ramster on the amazing work
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
stupid Dave stuff

Good stuff.

All points I can get behind. I too hated that pick. Easily my least favorite, although my first reaction to Tretter was not positive either.

I really like Richardson. I know it is a long shot, but I like the idea of a safety that big.

I also think Bostick is an interesting project. Would really like one more PS year to develop then use him to replace Kuhn.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

Kampman74

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Hyde is just a teams guy a Bush replacement in a couple of years. Ted is not going to come outright and say it but that might just be what they wanted.

Last edited by Kampman74 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
Maybe Hyde is just a teams guy a Bush replacement is a couple of years. Ted is not going to come outright and say it but that might just be what they wanted.

I've been thinking that is what MD Jennings is/was.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

justo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
Maybe Hyde is just a teams guy a Bush replacement.
It's not like we are paying him between 3-4 M over the next two years after he only played specials teams after Week 1 #OhWait.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
Maybe Hyde is just a teams guy a Bush replacement.
It's not like we are paying him between 3-4 M over the next two years after he only played specials teams after Week 1 #OhWait.

I have no idea, I am just guessing as people are baffled by the Hyde pick and think he isn't even making the team.

Maybe they are just planning on playing him at safety and Ted just likes to mess with everybody.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much progression does Coleman need to show for us to replace Harrell? In the limited preseason exposure, he looked just as bad. Although Rodgers, Brohm,Flynn and Harrell all looked pretty bad as rookies too.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

IrishGreen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
How much progression does Coleman need to show for us to replace Harrell? In the limited preseason exposure, he looked just as bad. Although Rodgers, Brohm,Flynn and Harrell all looked pretty bad as rookies too.

i think most people are projecting that he'll have made big enough strides over the year to replace harrell. his arm is 100x better too.

kind of wish we could just find a veteran off the street who's knows his role as a backup and is happy doing it for the next 5-6 years.

El Ramster on the amazing work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: