Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UDFA Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rememberthevet wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Ok so looks like Chase Thomas signed with NO, Geathers with SD, Rogers with Buf (holy crap they now have Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin, and Da'Rick Rogers...Rogers is gonna beast there). Reddick to the Saints.

I really wish we got Rogers. I wanted us to bring in at least one WR from this class. I hope that Momah pans out because I don't see why Kelly wouldn't bring in a big, strong, fast WR to complement our current corps.

Added Benn too,

Desean, Maclin, Benn, Damaris Avant, Riley, Momah, Nick Miller, and Greg Salas is a lot of recievers....not sure how many make the team (gets less likely as the list goes on) but we shouldn't be surprised they didn't make a play for him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn I really wanted us to sign Georgia DT Kwame Geathers... He signed with the Chargers. Good signing by them.

TommyC376 on the Sig
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:
Damn I really wanted us to sign Georgia DT Kwame Geathers... He signed with the Chargers. Good signing by them.

Yeah I was bummed about that too. Geathers and Rogers were two players I thought were physically ready for the NFL.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Ok so looks like Chase Thomas signed with NO, Geathers with SD, Rogers with Buf (holy crap they now have Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin, and Da'Rick Rogers...Rogers is gonna beast there). Reddick to the Saints.

I really wish we got Rogers. I wanted us to bring in at least one WR from this class. I hope that Momah pans out because I don't see why Kelly wouldn't bring in a big, strong, fast WR to complement our current corps.

Added Benn too,

Desean, Maclin, Benn, Damaris Avant, Riley, Momah, Nick Miller, and Greg Salas is a lot of recievers....not sure how many make the team (gets less likely as the list goes on) but we shouldn't be surprised they didn't make a play for him.

So true. Since we will be running a fast paced offense, I think it will fall down to who can be subbed in for the starters and still fill their role or bring their own dynamic ability to the table. I think Johnson and Momah have special qualities, and Benn was probably brought in because he is fast and can block. I think/hope we will wind up keeping:
D-Jac, J-Mac, Momah, Johnson, Benn (in that order)

I mean, Momah is 6'7" and 240 lbs, let the man play. He will abuse the outside CB on running plays, and there is a constant threat of a big play down the field just because of his size. He fought very hard just for a shot to make it in the NFL, that gives me a really good feeling about him. He probably has the highest ceiling out of any player we got this offseason and we got him for nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the UDFA haul too.

Damion Square, Russell Sheppard are few people I've heard about. And apparently Brad Wing is a big time punter in the NCAA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phat21 wrote:
I like the UDFA haul too.

Damion Square, Russell Sheppard are few people I've heard about. And apparently Brad Wing is a big time punter in the NCAA

Wing actually declared early for the draft Laughing

He has potential, though.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Wing, Knott, RB from Stonybrook & Square

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like these UDFA's

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
willy_law

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad Wing will win a job in the NFl no doubt.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how every pick since Bennie Logan someone has said "should have gotten Da'Rick Rodgers" and he didn't even get drafted. Dont know much about most of these UDFA's except for Jake Knott, Damien Square and Brad Wing....like them a lot.
Rick Deckard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Draft Insider
Quote:
Just talked with UNH LB Matt Evans @MEvans52 & he has been invited by Chip Kelly to #Eagles camp.
DaBirds54

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ever happened to the big WR from Lehigh everyone was so high on?

^Props to kphealey^
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
Brad Wing will win a job in the NFl no doubt.

Here's the thing about Wing, he's certainly talented but - and I find it oddly amusing I'm about to say this about a punter - he's definately a character concern. His dad was an NFL punter and, based on his history, Brad appears to assume he's entitled to be one too. He's a big time partier and got suspended from the team for failing a drug test. Hopefully he takes his NFL shot seriously, he certainly could be an NFL starter based on raw talent.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Quotes from an Milwaukee Journal Sentinel article regarding Wing:

Quote:
"Big leg, big personality," an executive in personnel for an AFC team said. "He wants the fame. He's kind of all about himself."

"He's a problem child," one special-teams coach said. "I interviewed him at the combine. I think it was all con. I don't think this guy is remorseful for any of it.

"If it was me, only way I would take him is if we didn't have anything invested in him. First time he (expletive) up he'd be out the door. There's too many red flags on this guy."

"You don't want quirky guys," said a special-teams coach. "The guys that make it are normal guys. They hang out with the linemen. They lift with the team."

"Unlike most punters, he wants the fame," one scout said. "If he goes to New York or somewhere like that, look out. He's just a big party guy.

"He's more interested in the length of his punts than the directional or actually being an NFL-type punter."

"Our team wouldn't even consider him," one of the special-teams coaches said. "When you have multiple violations is when you start to worry.

"With the drug failures, some teams just go with somebody else. But some teams don't worry a thing about that."
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Laughing

We need our answer to Pats PartyGronk. And what better position than Punter?

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: