Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dave Caldwell's First Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How did Dave do?
A+
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
A
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
B
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
C
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

corry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who voted C Question

KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, a lot.

3 starters with the first 3 picks, Ace and Denard will be factors in the return game and keep teams on their toes when on offense. I don't see how teams can stack the box against us now to stop MJD. Evans, Harris and McCray add depth, nothing wrong with that.

Then picking up a guy like Matt Scott in UDFA is awesome. If he sits for like 2 years, I think he can turn into something. He has a lot to work on but I love his tools.

Kiper gave us a B+.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Mr. V

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
A+ with draft and UDFA, we outchea ya'll

Bruh, it's y'all.

I'm not a fan of the Joeckel pick, but like it more after seeing how quickly offensive linemen were picked in the first. I give the Jags a B. It'll be interesting to see how this class looks in 3 years.

Whats not to like, honestly?
2 starting caliber Safeties that are scheme fits.
2 starting corners, and another depth guy, who has the skills to start.
THE best prospect in the draft, at THE biggest need, who cares if its a RT.
Oh, and $EC speed.

They could've signed Winston or Clabo, both top 10 RTs imo, for a cheaper price than what the Jags are gonna pay Joeckel. Joeckel has never played the right side either and that isn't an easy switch. Yea he's one of the top players and it fills a need, but it isn't the most efficient way to fill that need imo.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Jags

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B + because I don't like to have too high of expectations after having them shot down by Gene Smith.

A few great picks and we got who was considered the best player in the draft. Maybe in a couple of years people may look back at this draft and think it was better than I thought it was.

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see how it is lower than a B. Filled alot of needs, got good value/scheme fit guys, plus a few really exciting players too

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
Who voted C Question

That would be I, here are my round by round grades:

1. Luke Joeckel-B+ I really like the pick if we are able to retain Monroe, if not it isn't a great pick.
2. Johnathan Cyprien-A+ Great pick, really liked him coming into the draft and he's a great fit for the system
3. Dwayne Gratz-C Haven't seen a lot of film on him I liked, was getting burned a bit in that Louisville tape and looks like he has more experience playing off.
4. Ace Sanders-D Just don't see the point in this pick, he hasn't been very productive at anything he is a very shifty guy though
5. Denard Robinson-D- Just don't see what is really appealing about this pick, he is a guy who will likely have trouble finding his nitch, wouldn't be as opposed to this pick if we hadn't taken Sanders the pick before.
6. Josh Evans-B Good safety depth that was very needed here
7. Won't go to far into either of these because I don't know much about them, they don't look to be bad picks that fill needs.

Now I know I'm going to get bashed, seems like everyone around here knows exactly how these picks will turn out so bring it.
corry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skaterbirdhouse wrote:
corry wrote:
Who voted C Question

1. Luke Joeckel-B+ I really like the pick if we are able to retain Monroe, if not it isn't a great pick.
2. Johnathan Cyprien-A+ Great pick, really liked him coming into the draft and he's a great fit for the system
3. Dwayne Gratz-C Haven't seen a lot of film on him I liked, was getting burned a bit in that Louisville tape and looks like he has more experience playing off.
4. Ace Sanders-D Just don't see the point in this pick, he hasn't been very productive at anything he is a very shifty guy though
5. Denard Robinson-D- Just don't see what is really appealing about this pick, he is a guy who will likely have trouble finding his nitch, wouldn't be as opposed to this pick if we hadn't taken Sanders the pick before.
7. Won't go to far into either of these because I don't know much about them, they don't look to be bad picks that fill needs.

Now I know I'm going to get bashed, seems like everyone around here knows exactly how these picks will turn out so bring it.

So your reason for the low grade is ignorance Question

iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skaterbirdhouse wrote:
A top 5 returner in the country isn't very productive?

He had 0 drops as a receiver. He's really shifty and fits the role of a slot receiver excellently.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
skaterbirdhouse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
skaterbirdhouse wrote:
corry wrote:
Who voted C Question

So your reason for the low grade is ignorance Question

Rolling Eyes

The 7th round did not play into the grade I gave, hint not going into the picks.

And I have watched a little film on Gratz, as I stated what I saw I didn't like, I don't have to watch every minute of film to gain some perspective of what I think of a prospect.

Last edited by skaterbirdhouse on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
skaterbirdhouse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
skaterbirdhouse wrote:
A top 5 returner in the country isn't very productive?

He had 0 drops as a receiver. He's really shifty and fits the role of a slot receiver excellently.

It's great that he had zero drops, but unfortunately that will not ensure success at the next level, to me he is just an unimpressive WR prospect.

As far as the return game goes, he only returned two kick offs during his entire career at SC and while he was impressive last season returning punts, take a look at the year before where he averaged less than 3.5 yards per return. Very unimpressive for a guy drafted for the purpose of returning kicks.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skaterbirdhouse wrote:
It's great that he had zero drops, but unfortunately that will not ensure success at the next level, to me he is just an unimpressive WR prospect.
You're right, it doesn't. However when you couple that with his physical skills which are prototypical slot receiver skills, and then put that together with Jerry Sullivan coaching him, you have a recipe for great success as a slot guy.

Quote:
As far as the return game goes, he only returned two kick offs during his entire career at SC
A large portion of guys who return punts don't return kicks as well, even at the pro level. Small shifty guys are much better suited for punt returns, whereas bigger bodies are more so for kick returns. It's very rare to have someone who is actually good at both. Plus given the kick return rules, it's less important to have someone good at kickoffs than before.

Quote:
and while he was impressive last season returning punts, take a look at the year before where he averaged less than 3.5 yards per return. Very unimpressive for a guy drafted for the purpose of returning kicks.
And yet still, this doesn't say "not very productive." He clearly got better last year, and just watching him as a punt returner, you easily see that he started using his skills in a very positive way, comparer to what he did previously.. He was very productive as a punt returner last year.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
DjBuddaH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
A+ with draft and UDFA, we outchea ya'll

Bruh, it's y'all.

I'm not a fan of the Joeckel pick, but like it more after seeing how quickly offensive linemen were picked in the first. I give the Jags a B. It'll be interesting to see how this class looks in 3 years.

Whats not to like, honestly?
2 starting caliber Safeties that are scheme fits.
2 starting corners, and another depth guy, who has the skills to start.
THE best prospect in the draft, at THE biggest need, who cares if its a RT.
Oh, and $EC speed.

They could've signed Winston or Clabo, both top 10 RTs imo, for a cheaper price than what the Jags are gonna pay Joeckel. Joeckel has never played the right side either and that isn't an easy switch. Yea he's one of the top players and it fills a need, but it isn't the most efficient way to fill that need imo.

The Clabo/Winston payment argument is not valid. Joeckel will likely get 4-5 year contract at about 20m. The average price for a RT is 5m. So we get a very very solid RT. Sure he hasn't played RT in college but he has played his entire football career in the zone blocking scheme.

And for those saying its a good pick up if we keep Monroe, but horrible if we lose Monroe. What are you smoking? If we lost Monroe after this year and didn't take Joeckel we would literally have no one on the offensive line. So instead of having potentially 2 bookend OTs. We would have none. And whatever QB you would likely have us draft next season would have it worse than what Gabbert's had.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with DJ, right now its a great pick, still great if we keep Monroe and not a colossal fail if we lose monroe

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A+ imo. Best draft in the NFL.
Bad meets Evil

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
A+ imo. Best draft in the NFL.

<3 you

Credit to IPwn for da sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: