Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

7th Round (224): Kevin Dorsey, WR, Maryland
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Kuhn

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast wrote:
I just get a feeling that Kevin Dorsey is going to make it... and pass WR Charles Johnson.

+1.

Hope we're wrong. If Dorsey makes it over Johnson than that means CJ was a flop. Really love his raw ability. Hoping he can beat out Dorsey.

Seems like the Dorsey pick was TT's safety net in case Johnson actually DOES flop. Maryland was a mess but at least they played against D-I competition
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorsey might have played better comp but Johnson is a good bit more pro ready in my eyes(even more so in Mac's system). That Maryland tree is about as simple as they come. I look for Johnson to step in and be a pro from day one also(older prospect).

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Dorsey might have played better comp but Johnson is a good bit more pro ready in my eyes(even more so in Mac's system). That Maryland tree is about as simple as they come. I look for Johnson to step in and be a pro from day one also(older prospect).

You think he makes it over Dorsey?

Johnson is clearly more talented, but I don't see him as more pro ready. Dorsey seems safer at this point. Maryland has its share of hangups and that is why a player like Dorsey was even available where he was but D-II is quite the jump to the NFL. Grand Valley State is one of the better D-II programs and not that the D-II jump hasn't been done before but I'm not holding my breath for Johnson. I do hope I'm wrong tho. Poor mans Julio Jones sounds good next to Cobb, Nelson, Jones and Boykin Wink
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think so. I know I for one had a much higher grade on Johnson. LIS, it's going to take Dorsey a little extra time in Mac's tree as well after playing in that Maryland program. Don't love either enough that I would keep one over the other no matter how camp plays out. If Dorsey out plays him, I keep Dorsey. Just don't think that will happen.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
I would think so. I know I for one had a much higher grade on Johnson. LIS, it's going to take Dorsey a little extra time in Mac's tree as well after playing in that Maryland program. Don't love either enough that I would keep one over the other no matter how camp plays out. If Dorsey out plays him, I keep Dorsey. Just don't think that will happen.

Say they're more or less equal in camp. Is one or the other a better PS candidate? Both? Neither?

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Say they're more or less equal in camp. Is one or the other a better PS candidate? Both? Neither?

I feel you have much better odds of keeping Dorsey on the PS than you would Johnson. Johnson's core issue as a prospect was his level of development at age(25 year old rookie). Bunch of guys liked him though and I feel there is a good chance the Packers would lose him on the PS if he even makes it there.

I feel Dorsey is a prime candidate for the PS. Most felt he was a pure tools prospect that needed time in a pro system after playing in that college tree. Don't see him as pro ready and should hold more value to the Packers than others as the year goes on. Damn good athlete but not a freak ya want to bring in and just sit on while he develops. I would be a little shocked if he makes this Packers 53 to tell the truth. Would need a real strong camp to do so. About the only way he would get picked of the Packers PS as well IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: