Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

7th Round (224): Kevin Dorsey, WR, Maryland
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xDD80x

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping these late rounders are the better-athlete-than-football-player types who could put it all together a la a young donald driver.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like this pick. He was a deep threat at Maryland despite his limited production. Worst case scenario: he challenges Ross for the RS duties.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Charles Johnson better... But he seems like an easy to root for kid...

IrishGreen wrote:
we're all gonna make it
persiandud

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know anything about this kid? Interesting that TT double dips into WR in a row
justo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, Maryland lost three QBs due to injury this year before converting a freshman LB to QB..might explain about the production. Wisconsin has their old QB, too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I read about him the more I'm convinced Ted is the best at what he does and that Dorsey not only will be a good player for us in the future, but he will make a serious run at a roster spot and playing time this season.

Here --> http://maryland.scout.com/2/549583.html

Here's just a bit of what I found (it's from high school, but speaks volumes about his character imo).

All are from his high school coach.

Quote:
"Iíve had a lot of D-I kids, but Iíve never had a kid like this guy, He was 15 years old and the unquestioned leader of this team."

Quote:
After one particularly bad loss during which Forestville had gotten poor quarterback play, Dorsey approached his coach and said: ďCoach, I need the playbook. On Monday, Iím your new quarterback.Ē

Quote:
He received a call from a Forestville faculty member warning him that Dorsey was on the track outside, in the freezing rain, working out with a 40-pound bag.
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah.....i love these last two ted WR picks. the more i read the more i like both of them. These guys have the capacity to bump Boykin and Ross and be 4-5 respectively. They leave the most to the imagination of all the picks. Theyre going to the school of how to be an awesome WR, and they have the best man in the business to get them the ball and make them look good. They have every chance to succeed. Especially Dorsey, it sounds like his reaction is going to be "whats this.....a pass?!" I imagine he went through what Greg Jennings will go through next few years of his career :p

If anyone in the business finds WR gems, it is the white wizard.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arodsmightybelt wrote:
yeah.....i love these last two ted WR picks. the more i read the more i like both of them. These guys have the capacity to bump Boykin and Ross and be 4-5 respectively. They leave the most to the imagination of all the picks. Theyre going to the school of how to be an awesome WR, and they have the best man in the business to get them the ball and make them look good. They have every chance to succeed. Especially Dorsey, it sounds like his reaction is going to be "whats this.....a pass?!" I imagine he went through what Greg Jennings will go through next few years of his career :p

Agreed. Dorsey was Torrey Smith's heir apparent at Maryland as the burner deep-threat type. I honestly think he could be the next Driver. Charles Johnson is a big WR with speed. Hopefully he can be a Randy Moss/T.O. type....of course without the ego and idiocy.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Arodsmightybelt wrote:

Agreed. Dorsey was Torrey Smith's heir apparent at Maryland as the burner deep-threat type. I honestly think he could be the next Driver. Charles Johnson is a big WR with speed. Hopefully he can be a Randy Moss/T.O. type....of course without the ego and idiocy.

If we are doing comparisons to Packer receivers Johnson reminds more of a slightly larger Terrence Murphy than anyone else and Dorsey reminds me of James Jones in terms of body type, movement and that deceptive speed that can beat you deep if you don't respect it. We shall see, but it would be exciting to have both of our 7th rounders earn the 4th and 5th receiver spots on this team. I would love to see one of them just bust out and have more receiving yards at the end of the year than Patterson however unlikely that may be.
arodgers12

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this guy will be a surprise player for us this season he will produce in preseason and make the roster and be a good late round pick.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE-JgJBR_jk

Got some separation from McGee who is super fast. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy plays better than Charles Johnson. Seems like a dang easy kid to pull for! I will be in his corner, same with Johnson, I hope they make it!
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think anyone would be upset whatsoever if we rocked Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Boykin, Johnson, Dorsey. Im not so sure the later two would be able to clear waivers. Dorsey maybe, but thats stretching it and i dont think id wanna chance it.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arodsmightybelt wrote:
I dont think anyone would be upset whatsoever if we rocked Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Boykin, Johnson, Dorsey. Im not so sure the later two would be able to clear waivers. Dorsey maybe, but thats stretching it and i dont think id wanna chance it.
Same, if Johnson and Dorsey don't completely flop in TC and Preseason I want them around. Even if we find one with "turf toe" or "Bi-lateral Leg weakness" that needs to hit the IR shelf Wink I liked Ross as a returner though, Cobb is a guy you want on offense more and ST's less at this point with no Jennings around. So it will be a damn tough WR fight for those spots.
Beast

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just get a feeling that Kevin Dorsey is going to make it... and pass WR Charles Johnson.

Just seems like there is usually a late round guy that gets too much hype and struggles while there is someone else who gets almost no hype and last at least a while.

Too much hype guys
DE/OLB Ricky Elmore
OT Jamon Meredith
RB DeShawn Wynn

Late round guys with little to no hype
DL C.J. Wilson
DE/LB Brad Jones
OL Josh Sitton
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Remember, Maryland lost three QBs due to injury this year before converting a freshman LB to QB..might explain about the production. Wisconsin has their old QB, too.

Didn't Dorsey also play QB for the Terrapins at some point in this last season?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: