Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UDFA Signings Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13386
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:
This is going to be the default rookie camp thread, too, right? Can't wait for Friday.
One would assume. Me neither!!! Wish they'd hurry up and announce the invites already...
They probably won't until the day of. They still haven't announced UDFA's yet..
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3736
Location: Down the road from NFL Films
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:
This is going to be the default rookie camp thread, too, right? Can't wait for Friday.
One would assume. Me neither!!! Wish they'd hurry up and announce the invites already...
They probably won't until the day of. They still haven't announced UDFA's yet..
UDFA's haven't signed contracts or passed physicals. Invites shouldn't have that formality since it's only an invite. But alas, they'll probably just announce the guys who show up.

Also, add another Illinois State guy, WR Tyrone walker, If we haven't already

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/illinois-state/illinois-state-sports-report/article_2f10013c-b20b-11e2-8545-0019bb2963f4.html
_________________
justo wrote:
Bostick drove a guy 12 yards and finished off with a pancake and I'm not sure where my pants went.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jfinley88


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 11492
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fwiw Otis Merrill played for Illinois State as well Laughing
_________________
JammerHammer21 wrote:
jfin is one of those 1000 monkeys sitting at a typewriter that will eventually type out all of Shakespere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 2244
Location: Kinston, NC
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
TJ Knowles TE Sacramento State invited to camp

http://www.statehornet.com/sports/packers-chiefs-pick-up-hornet-seniors-after-nfl-draft-day/article_f3f50c00-b205-11e2-ba32-001a4bcf6878.html


Dude's got some size and speed. 4.64 40 for a 6-8 268 lb. guy....damn...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3736
Location: Down the road from NFL Films
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
TJ Knowles TE Sacramento State invited to camp

http://www.statehornet.com/sports/packers-chiefs-pick-up-hornet-seniors-after-nfl-draft-day/article_f3f50c00-b205-11e2-ba32-001a4bcf6878.html


Dude's got some size and speed. 4.64 40 for a 6-8 268 lb. guy....damn...
HELLOOOOOOO PS!!!
_________________
justo wrote:
Bostick drove a guy 12 yards and finished off with a pancake and I'm not sure where my pants went.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13386
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got a feel on the try out guys? I haven't looked into them at all. Are there any guys that were All Conference in the FBS/FCS?
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Arodsmightybelt


Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Posts: 2083
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
TJ Knowles TE Sacramento State invited to camp

http://www.statehornet.com/sports/packers-chiefs-pick-up-hornet-seniors-after-nfl-draft-day/article_f3f50c00-b205-11e2-ba32-001a4bcf6878.html


wow.....at that size shut up and take my money. Thats one i hope we work with
_________________
Cutler Cutlering. Its so beautiful - Bears Are Legit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr Green


Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 1544
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arodsmightybelt wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
TJ Knowles TE Sacramento State invited to camp

http://www.statehornet.com/sports/packers-chiefs-pick-up-hornet-seniors-after-nfl-draft-day/article_f3f50c00-b205-11e2-ba32-001a4bcf6878.html


wow.....at that size shut up and take my money. Thats one i hope we work with

You obviousy misread the article HyponGrey cos it clearly says that Knowles has gone to Kansas.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Kuhn


Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Posts: 369
Location: UWM
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Anyone got a feel on the try out guys? I haven't looked into them at all. Are there any guys that were All Conference in the FBS/FCS?


I saw a cutup on Cedrick Moore S from Stony Brook, kid looks tough with some upside. I like him a good bit myself he looks like he plays angry. I think there's a link circulating on here somewhere.

As for awards:

- Second Team All-Big South Laughing
_________________
ChaRisMa wrote:
So get off Ted's cashews people.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3736
Location: Down the road from NFL Films
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Green wrote:
Arodsmightybelt wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
TJ Knowles TE Sacramento State invited to camp

http://www.statehornet.com/sports/packers-chiefs-pick-up-hornet-seniors-after-nfl-draft-day/article_f3f50c00-b205-11e2-ba32-001a4bcf6878.html


wow.....at that size shut up and take my money. Thats one i hope we work with

You obviousy misread the article HyponGrey cos it clearly says that Knowles has gone to Kansas.
Missed the "respectively"
_________________
justo wrote:
Bostick drove a guy 12 yards and finished off with a pancake and I'm not sure where my pants went.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Kuhn


Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Posts: 369
Location: UWM
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Mr Green wrote:
Arodsmightybelt wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
TJ Knowles TE Sacramento State invited to camp

http://www.statehornet.com/sports/packers-chiefs-pick-up-hornet-seniors-after-nfl-draft-day/article_f3f50c00-b205-11e2-ba32-001a4bcf6878.html


wow.....at that size shut up and take my money. Thats one i hope we work with

You obviousy misread the article HyponGrey cos it clearly says that Knowles has gone to Kansas.
Missed the "respectively"


Evil or Very Mad

Way to get me pumped up Hypon....
_________________
ChaRisMa wrote:
So get off Ted's cashews people.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gopackgonerd


Joined: 04 May 2013
Posts: 553
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Freddie Bishop DE Western Michigan also recieves camp invite

http://www.wmubroncos.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4600&ATCLID=207465660



This guy looks interesting. I like his size, almost a Perry body. Hopefully we can get a look at him, and get him in training camp.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
svp


Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 1111
Location: I took a football shaped pill and felt better.
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the invites need to pass the waiver wire before being signed to Practice Squad?

and


What is the limit number of players on the Practice Squad.




Thank you.
_________________
svp wrote:
Who cares?


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 3304
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
Do the invites need to pass the waiver wire before being signed to Practice Squad?

and

What is the limit number of players on the Practice Squad.

Thank you.


There is no practice squad until the roster is cut down to 53 after the fourth preseason game. After the cutdown to 53, the practice squad is up to 8 people.

Rookie camp invites are competing to win a spot on the 90 man offseason roster, and there's nothing they have to clear in order to qualify (except impressing the coaches enough to get an offer) since if other teams were really interested they could have drafted those players or signed those players as free agents.

So if a player attends rookie camp as an invite, and is offered a roster spot, he can be put on the practice squad after the cut down to 53 like any other eligible player on the roster. If a player attends rookie camp as an invite and is not brought back, he could be put on the PS as a street free agent, but it is unlikely.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blankman0021


Joined: 02 May 2007
Posts: 1923
Location: MKE
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
Do the invites need to pass the waiver wire before being signed to Practice Squad?

and


What is the limit number of players on the Practice Squad.




Thank you.


During the offseason, there is no practice squad. Just a roster beginning at 90 before being trimmed to 53. Once the rosters are set at 53 players may sign to the practice squad. I am not positive, but I do not remember these players having to pass through waivers to make it to our practice squad.

Wiki wrote:
Practice squad players are free agents; they can be signed to any team's 53-man roster at any time during the season. In other words, NFL teams are free to "poach" other teams' practice squads without compensating the teams. Additionally, the NFL has a program through which foreign players may be assigned to teams' practice squads, called the International Practice Squad Program.[3]

_________________


The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group