Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UDFA Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16548
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
If Jets qb contest turns out terrible then Sanchez and Smith are locked. Wipe the rest out. Ryan Walsh Griffin could sign with Jets as number 3. Please make it happen. Pleasseee.


Anyway, I know Miles has better chance to take 53 squad's spot but I do hope Troy Davis makes it also. Jets need speed and Davis has it but there are too many OLB on the roster. ugh?


We only have two real OLBs, everyone else are projects and players we know nothing about. So if Troy has the skills, he can make the team. Unless a great player get cut during preseason.



Sapp can't seem to stay healthy and McIntyre's spot could be taken too. I hope Davis makes it as well.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at some highlights, I'm really excited about the two receivers we got, Zach Rogers and Ryan Spadola. I can see them both competing for the #4 job during TC.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Steiny31: The #Jets have claimed Virginia Tech WR Marcus Davis off waivers from the Giants. Follow him here: @MDavis_7. #nyj

He was actually a pretty big name UDFA this year. NFLDraftScout projected him to go between rounds 4 and 6 this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7417
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Quote:
@Steiny31: The #Jets have claimed Virginia Tech WR Marcus Davis off waivers from the Giants. Follow him here: @MDavis_7. #nyj

He was actually a pretty big name UDFA this year. NFLDraftScout projected him to go between rounds 4 and 6 this year.


yeah I liked him. We will have a nice little competition for the last WR spot with Jordan White, Z-Ro, and now Davis. I still like Royce Pollard as well.
_________________

Quote:
It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. - The Joker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Quote:
@Steiny31: The #Jets have claimed Virginia Tech WR Marcus Davis off waivers from the Giants. Follow him here: @MDavis_7. #nyj

He was actually a pretty big name UDFA this year. NFLDraftScout projected him to go between rounds 4 and 6 this year.


yeah I liked him. We will have a nice little competition go on for the last WR spot with Jordan White, Z-Ro, and now Davis. I still like Royce Pollard as well.

Royce Pollard was cut.

I think more than one can make it. After Holmes, Kerley, and Hill, the position is wide open. Clyde Gates, Jordan White, Zach Rogers, Ryan Spadola, and Davis should all be competing for the last 2-3 spots.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7417
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Quote:
@Steiny31: The #Jets have claimed Virginia Tech WR Marcus Davis off waivers from the Giants. Follow him here: @MDavis_7. #nyj

He was actually a pretty big name UDFA this year. NFLDraftScout projected him to go between rounds 4 and 6 this year.


yeah I liked him. We will have a nice little competition go on for the last WR spot with Jordan White, Z-Ro, and now Davis. I still like Royce Pollard as well.

Royce Pollard was cut.

I think more than one can make it. After Holmes, Kerley, and Hill, the position is wide open. Clyde Gates, Jordan White, Zach Rogers, Ryan Spadola, and Davis should all be competing for the last 2-3 spots.



I forgot he was cut.

I want Gates on the team. He looked good a few times, but our offense as a whole was just terrible. I haven't did much research on Spadola.
_________________

Quote:
It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. - The Joker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Quote:
@Steiny31: The #Jets have claimed Virginia Tech WR Marcus Davis off waivers from the Giants. Follow him here: @MDavis_7. #nyj

He was actually a pretty big name UDFA this year. NFLDraftScout projected him to go between rounds 4 and 6 this year.


yeah I liked him. We will have a nice little competition go on for the last WR spot with Jordan White, Z-Ro, and now Davis. I still like Royce Pollard as well.

Royce Pollard was cut.

I think more than one can make it. After Holmes, Kerley, and Hill, the position is wide open. Clyde Gates, Jordan White, Zach Rogers, Ryan Spadola, and Davis should all be competing for the last 2-3 spots.



I forgot he was cut.

I want Gates on the team. He looked good a few times, but our offense as a whole was just terrible. I haven't did much research on Spadola.

We considered drafting Spadola in the 7th round. He took less money to sign with us over the Colts, who also considered him in the 7th round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cut another UDFA WR, Antavious Wilson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RollTide99


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 506
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see him making the roster so its just a meaningless move
_________________
[Img/]http://imageshack.us/a/img822/4925/mrxc.png[\img]

JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8710
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another raw receiver with tools. Someone has to blossom eventually.
_________________
http://www.backstagegfx.com/forum/uploads/U20721-1411358821.png
Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16548
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't surprise me if we stashed one or two of these WRs on our practice squad. I could see Davis and either Spadola/Rogers end up there.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Another raw receiver with tools. Someone has to blossom eventually.

At least Stephen Hill doesn't have the worst hands on the team anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jg6041


Joined: 24 Mar 2006
Posts: 3965
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Another raw receiver with tools. Someone has to blossom eventually.

At least Stephen Hill doesn't have the worst hands on the team anymore.


Lets not sell our buddy Stephen Hill short. He has a lot of drops in him. It would take some major lack of coordination and major lack of athleticism to unseat Hill of his title.
_________________
green24 wrote:
mikemart wrote:
I saw someone in an Urlacher jersey and a Dolphins hat today.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7417
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still mad about Stephen Hill dropping that open pass against the Pats.
_________________

Quote:
It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. - The Joker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FrankJets


Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 723
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles Woodson will be a great addition to this team. i think signing him would give us a top 3-5 defense in the NFL. He is a ball hawk, and still has left in the tank and will help Milliner a ton. Landry, Woodson, Milliner, Cro, and Wilson will give Brady fits. I think we need to make a veteran defensive line move to help mature these young bucks and a guy I like a ton is Seymour. We need some veteran presence and these two signings will help us a ton.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group