Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UDFA Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jets512

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
Rontez Miles is going to be nasty. If anyone has a shot its that guy. He dominated in division 2. He didnt even belong there. Hes going to be a force, I can already see it. Theres not one guy i see more potential in than that guy.

Agreed. Watch highlight tape. I understand it's against lesser competition but he DOMINATES. LaRon Landry type.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nrqfAgHo82o#!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Who made the team and played for the Jets that have been UDFA lately?

Damon Harrison
Donnie Fletcher

Nick Bellore

Jeff Cumberland

Not a good chance but hey you never know. Cumberland is now a starter and you never know who from the past few years steps up, especially if an injury hits.

Josh Baker in 2011. Josh Mauga in 2009.
JMG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very excited about Rontez Miles.

[]_[] Family
green24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JIMiney_GREEKet wrote:
Im pulling for pantale, rogers, and spadola.

you have to think that spadola actually has a good chance to make the roster since idzik said he was considering him in the seventh round

He also signed here despite getting offered more money by the Colts. The Colts heavily considered making him Mr. Irrelevant.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jets512 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
Rontez Miles is going to be nasty. If anyone has a shot its that guy. He dominated in division 2. He didnt even belong there. Hes going to be a force, I can already see it. Theres not one guy i see more potential in than that guy.

Agreed. Watch highlight tape. I understand it's against lesser competition but he DOMINATES. LaRon Landry type.

Damn that dude can hit. Some of those hits were insane and in the open field. Hope he makes the squad. Nice guy to groom as a SS behind Landry.

Props to Mack on the sig
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I want Miles to make the team. I love the way he hit. Stops everyone in their tracks.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETSFOOTBALL25 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Out of all the guys we signed so far, the most interesting guys to me on this list are the Pantale, Shanahan, Rogers, and Davis. I feel like Pantale automatically becomes our blocking TE since all of our other TEs are subpar in that area. Shanahan was a WR, so it's intriguing to see if he can learn the TE position. He has good size though. Rogers def seems like he could potentially be a sleeper for the back end of our depth chart at WR, similar to White last year. And I feel like Davis could be good depth at OLB. I think Pantale will be the one lock to make the roster, but maybe the others can get on the PS.

Pantale is not much of a blocker. Considering out TE depth he has a shot to make the team but I just don't know. I played with him in HS, but that was six years ago so he may have improved. I'm pulling for him, good kid.

All the sites where I read about him said his blocking is his strength right now, since he isn't a real fluid receiver. I have never watched any tape on him, but if that's true I think Pantale has a pretty good shot at the roster considering blocking is the weakness of every single TE we currently have.

And I thought I had read somewhere that he played ball in NJ, that's cool that you played ball with him. Funny how we seem to keep adding locals to the team.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
rampantjet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
jets512 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:

Damn that dude can hit. Some of those hits were insane and in the open field. Hope he makes the squad. Nice guy to groom as a SS behind Landry.

Like the hitting out of that kid, but did anyone else notice how far down field some of those hits were? Was he lining up like 65 yards downfield or something???
famousj

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
jets512 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:

WOW. If his skills translates to the NFL we are not going to miss having Laron Landry around.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
JMG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited about this safety. Shocked someone didn't take him in the 7th.

[]_[] Family
green24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
I'm excited about this safety. Shocked someone didn't take him in the 7th.

I saw him mocked as early as the 4th round or so.
JIMiney_GREEKet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know when udfa's cuts/signings begin. Never really paid attention past seasons but this year we need all the help we can get. When i was watching the draft, almost every other famous player representing there team including one of my fav jets player of all time went undfafted. I am more excited about these fa s namely rogers spadola pantale/shanahan and miles. We can define the idzik era by developing stars that others overlooked (maybe wishful thinking). For some reason i also like nealy. Not the best athlete but love his humor
JETSFOOTBALL25

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
JETSFOOTBALL25 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Out of all the guys we signed so far, the most interesting guys to me on this list are the Pantale, Shanahan, Rogers, and Davis. I feel like Pantale automatically becomes our blocking TE since all of our other TEs are subpar in that area. Shanahan was a WR, so it's intriguing to see if he can learn the TE position. He has good size though. Rogers def seems like he could potentially be a sleeper for the back end of our depth chart at WR, similar to White last year. And I feel like Davis could be good depth at OLB. I think Pantale will be the one lock to make the roster, but maybe the others can get on the PS.

Pantale is not much of a blocker. Considering out TE depth he has a shot to make the team but I just don't know. I played with him in HS, but that was six years ago so he may have improved. I'm pulling for him, good kid.

All the sites where I read about him said his blocking is his strength right now, since he isn't a real fluid receiver. I have never watched any tape on him, but if that's true I think Pantale has a pretty good shot at the roster considering blocking is the weakness of every single TE we currently have.

And I thought I had read somewhere that he played ball in NJ, that's cool that you played ball with him. Funny how we seem to keep adding locals to the team.

Yea right out of good old Wayne Valley High School. If his blocking improved like they are saying then he'll definitely help us. He has the biggest hands I have ever personally seen. BUT he was never or that athletic or fast. Idk about him getting open at the NFL level but well see!!
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jets qb contest turns out terrible then Sanchez and Smith are locked. Wipe the rest out. Ryan Walsh Griffin could sign with Jets as number 3. Please make it happen. Pleasseee.

Anyway, I know Miles has better chance to take 53 squad's spot but I do hope Troy Davis makes it also. Jets need speed and Davis has it but there are too many OLB on the roster. ugh?
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
If Jets qb contest turns out terrible then Sanchez and Smith are locked. Wipe the rest out. Ryan Walsh Griffin could sign with Jets as number 3. Please make it happen. Pleasseee.

Anyway, I know Miles has better chance to take 53 squad's spot but I do hope Troy Davis makes it also. Jets need speed and Davis has it but there are too many OLB on the roster. ugh?

We only have two real OLBs, everyone else are projects and players we know nothing about. So if Troy has the skills, he can make the team. Unless a great player get cut during preseason.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: