Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

8th Round - 2013 UDFA Signings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnthonyE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Willie reppin my school! Dudes a stud, hopefully he can get on the PS

We weren't able to get any Bearkats on the team, but I'm glad we got an SFA kid here.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
biggio7 wrote:
Supposed Texans signed:

Justin Tuggle, LB, Kansas State
Travis Howard, CB, Ohio St
Willie Jefferson, DE, Stephen F. Austin
Graham Pocic, OL, Illinois
Ja’Gared Davis, LB, SMU
Ray Graham, RB, Pitt
Uzoma Nwachukwu, WR, Texas A&M
Kenny Demens, LB, Michigan
Orhian Johnson, S, Ohio State
Dennis Johnson, RB, Arkansas

maybe one of them makes the team, and 3 maybe 4 make practice squad....ill say Graham has best chance to make the team

Johnson isn't no slouch, just over shadowed by Davis at Ark

Johnson is a lot stronger than you'd suspect from his size, and he hits holes super fast. He also makes some fun highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSFEwTtLFjw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWD3dIxyz9E

I honestly don't know why he wasn't liked more. He did cough the ball up more than you'd like, but even so. Oh, and he's the SEC's all-time kickoff return yards leader, which doesn't hurt, either.
SUfbondarebound

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys signed Alec Lemon WR Syracuse.

He broke records at SU. Could be a guy who makes the team or PS as a slot receiver. Sure handed. Very good route runner and not afraid to go over the middle. Only knock is that he isn't very fast.

11/16/2008 = The Return to SU Football Glory Begins
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll sign Tyler Bray, especially given Foster's success undrafted out of Tennessee with the Texans.

LORK88
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
I think we'll sign Tyler Bray, especially given Foster's success undrafted out of Tennessee with the Texans.

Bray signed with Chiefs
gohogs14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
biggio7 wrote:
Supposed Texans signed:

Justin Tuggle, LB, Kansas State
Travis Howard, CB, Ohio St
Willie Jefferson, DE, Stephen F. Austin
Graham Pocic, OL, Illinois
Ja’Gared Davis, LB, SMU
Ray Graham, RB, Pitt
Uzoma Nwachukwu, WR, Texas A&M
Kenny Demens, LB, Michigan
Orhian Johnson, S, Ohio State
Dennis Johnson, RB, Arkansas

maybe one of them makes the team, and 3 maybe 4 make practice squad....ill say Graham has best chance to make the team

Johnson isn't no slouch, just over shadowed by Davis at Ark

Johnson is a lot stronger than you'd suspect from his size, and he hits holes super fast. He also makes some fun highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSFEwTtLFjw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWD3dIxyz9E

I honestly don't know why he wasn't liked more. He did cough the ball up more than you'd like, but even so. Oh, and he's the SEC's all-time kickoff return yards leader, which doesn't hurt, either.

Came here to post how much Texans fans will love DJ if he makes the team. Complete player...was our best blocker, receiver and runner from the RB position. Plays a lot like Ray Rice.

On the run at 1:30 he trucks brandon spikes and janoris jenkins like its nothing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjdFq3nhBq0

He will fumble a lot though but refuses to go down
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willie Jefferson is an idiot.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We signed Cierre Wood? I think he actually have a shot of making the roster as a 3rd RB or at least on the practice squad. He has nice vision and is a good fit for our ZBS.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys got a good one in Alec Lemon. He was a guy that stood out to me while watching Syracuse tape trying to watch Pugh and Nassib (who coincidentally we acquired both of). He is Hakeem Nicks lite. Not fast, but very quick, hard to bring down, great after the catch. Needs to work on his routes and has concentration lapses, but can play in the slot or on the outside. I really wanted the Giants to grab him. You got a good player there.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
We signed Cierre Wood? I think he actually have a shot of making the roster as a 3rd RB or at least on the practice squad. He has nice vision and is a good fit for our ZBS.

I like Wood as well for our ZBS but his really small hands could lead to fumbling issues. I really like Johnny Adams-CB Mich. St., he reminds me of Glover Quinn and could also be moved to SS. Zach Boren-FB from Ohio St. is another good signing with good size for the position and has been used in their passing game this past season.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Willie Jefferson is an idiot.

I was waiting for one of the BUaylor guys to chime in, and I don't disagree lol

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what we're doing in free agency a lot better than the draft. Alec Lemon will push Lestar Jean off the roster. He'll be the new Kevin Walter. One of the RB's will make the roster. Pocic could very well make the roster.

Sig by matthouston91
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my thoughts on the UDFAS.

Justin Tuggle. He is new at OLB, he was a qb. Very good athlete and has huge potential. He is raw though. Very good in coverge and as a pass rusher. Can improve as a run stuffer. I like the fact he was a qb and should understand coverages more than the average lb. I like him a lot.

Travis Howard. A good tackler and ok athlete but needs to improve. He could be a good special teamer while preparing to learn the slot. I think if he improves him coverage (tighten up some) he could have potential.

Willie Jefferson. Camp Fodder.

Graham Pocic. Good athlete for the ZBS. A little tall, but stays low and uses leverage. A very smart player who has potential to learn behind Myers before having a shot to be his successor.

Ja'Gared Davis. A relentless athletic player. Has a knack for sacks and TFL but can be over aggressive at times. Should be a great fit at ST with potential to make an impact in a few seasons on defense.

Ray Graham. He will be the rb that sticks. A good pass blocker, good hands and a great one cut and go kind of back. He occasionally dances a bit too much, but Gary and co will make that stop very quick. IMO the best UDFA we have and he will push Tate off the roster by years end.

Uzoma Nwachuku. VERY explosive and I am surprised he went undrafted. He has an unbelievable 2nd gear. Will fit for a roster spot at WR and will really make a push for KR/PR. The guy has great football speed and vision and will be deadly as a returner if given the chance. Has inconsistent hands and struggles some vs press. Wil have to improve in both areas.

Kenny Demens. ANOTHER guy who should have been drafted. He was one of the top ILBs before the season began. A solid ILB but not amazing. Will contribute on special teams.

Orhian Johnson. Good size, but stiff hips and not very instinctive. Maybe a special team contributor, most likely cut.

Dennis Johnson. Im not too impressed with him. Some here are, but not me. Not good in pass pro and doesn't seem to hit the hole very hard. I like Graham better.
dsorc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to get excited about the UDFAs as most are camp fodder who might in the best case make the PS. There are only a few positions where a UDFA might stick: RB, WR (placeholder for POsey while he is in PUP), ILB, and S. To be honest I'm not even sure we will have a UDFA stick at the last 3.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EZ! Great guy who matured rapidly over his time at A&M both as a player and as a human being. I am likely too biased to accurately assess the situation, but he's the fourth best receiver on the team behind AJ, Nuk, and Posey right now. Great hands and speed to stretch the field from the slot. A much better all-around receiver than Keshawn Martin.

... And if there is anything remotely to my homer-blind hype surrounding the guy, I wonder if he and Bonner spell trouble for Martin's future on the team?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: