Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does Andy Reid Respect the Draft?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Does Andy Reid Respect the Draft? Reply with quote

I think he doesn't, and I'm concerned. I'm concerned he's a semi-inflated fat cat looking in to cash an easy pay day. He has George Siefert written all over him and this draft reeks of it.

A casual example is his R5 & R6 picks who are local PA guys where he last came from.

Further proof positive, he has never, ever been a great drafter. Moreover, his QB evaluating skills are grossly ballyhooed. He's masked deficiencies over past QB, never enhanced them. Who left Philly and became a great QB? Is that really a testament to Andy's QB development or smoke and mirrors BS?

He purposely avoided obvious QB selections staring him in the face at the end of R3. Why? Because he didn't want to scare "superstar" QB Alex Smith, whom he blew an R2 over? Or maybe, he believes in our BKQB, Chase Daniels. He, who, if called into duty, can leave if he merely proves himself worthy of being a BKQB?

Those who exalted over acquiring Andy Reid, be forewarned. It starts now. Stuff hitting the fire visions come to mind.
samsel23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes we haven't even seen these guys play???

Sounds more like something you've had in the back of your mind and came out because we didn't select guys the fans viewed as BPA.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wowie. That's a very strong opinion. I think it's fair to be skeptical but I don't think Hunt would have hired a "Fat Cat".

Where does it matter where prospects came from? Who says it was Reid's decision? Unless there is proof I think that's pretty outlandish.

Regarding quarterbacks, another way to look at it is under Reid those guys showed at least enough to be worth 2nd round picks+. Away from Reid they all sucked. I think that's more a positive then anything. Reid knows how to make QB's in his system.

I've always liked Reid. I have questioned some of his decisions but the majority of the bad ones came near the end when the pressure to win was huge.

I think you should give him at least 1/2 a season before hating him Laughing
LOTO.Tailback

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ I would guess picking guys in the last two rounds and knowing something about them, due to living close to and following them makes horrible sense. Dunno how this guy even got a job lol...no idea why he would believe in the moves he has already made since aquiring the head coaching job for the Chiefs, and drafting accordingly. Might as well fire him before we even take the field.

your attitude sux Wink

KEMPES KILLER SIGGY^^
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOTO.Tailback wrote:
^^ I would guess picking guys in the last two rounds and knowing something about them, due to living close to and following them makes horrible sense. Dunno how this guy even got a job lol...no idea why he would believe in the moves he has already made since aquiring the head coaching job for the Chiefs, and drafting accordingly. Might as well fire him before we even take the field.

your attitude sux Wink

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the 6th and 7th round dude. Chillax.
gggunit16

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit tired of hearing posts like this. It's old. Talk to us in a year and we'll see how this actually goes.
samsel23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also will add just because they majority of people haven't heard of these guys, doesn't mean others haven't. I've seen both Kush and Catapano as high as High 6th Round Picks. Wilson is really the only one that I wasn't impressed with, but at the same time he can definitely make the roster.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youre totallh right

Allbthe teams sure did jump at the oppertunity. To draft a qb this year

/dumb post
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marnz wrote:
Youre totallh right

Allbthe teams sure did jump at the oppertunity. To draft a qb this year

/dumb post

It's opinion, so never a "/dumb post".

Just rude man. Ironic grammar for calling it dumb.
Rumless

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo, you're absolutely right. We only pay John Dorsey to sit around and fist-bump the fat cat whenever Kitty Reid mewls loudly.

4/10, got me to reply. Hone your technique and you'll be a below-average troll in no time. For right now you're on the level of Elvis Grbac. Keep working and maybe, just maybe, you'll be Damon Huard. I'm eager to watch you grow and develop as our TOTF.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Reid will always build with free agents and trades. Eagles were always signing big names or trading for whoever... Andy Reid wants to make sure he can always win at least 9 games, he will mortgage his future for the now, he doesn't care....As a fan, it depends on how you view this, it could be good or bad.

Last edited by dawsonleery on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Taylor916

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will admit these guys are better than pioli who is the worst gm in nfl history. I was very happy they kept bowe and some of the other players and I was fairly happy with the free agent signings before the draft. I was ok with the trade for Alex Smith. I was unhappy with letting winston go as he was good. This whole time they talked about this so called big plan and talked so big and then this draft landed with a thud. I really struggle to give this draft a C-. I am livid over them not dealing Albert. he is a injury prone over rated cry baby of a cap eater and must go. Albert is a loud mouth and not a team player and demands elite money when he is not at that level and misses several games a year. Dorsey should have taken that no. 54 and ran. He could have added a starter and saved ten mil in cap and used that to sign our draftees and pick up a right tackle in free agency. Now we cant even afford our draft picks. Refusing to take that pick was pride to the point of stupidity which is piolish. These guys started out on fire and really fizzled. I hope round 3 they get it going again. I still have a lot of hope but now a lot of concern too.
bpinsky33

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/img]
Taylor916

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol I am always accused of jumping to conclusions or told to back away from the edge. I ammaybe admittably guilty of these things sometimes however Fat Albert should have been traded. Noone will change my mind on that and I think most Chiefs fans who know what is going on would agree albert needs to go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: