Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 194th overall pick, RB Spencer Ware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 3451
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
Just in case it wasn't official.

Quote:
Rookie Spencer Ware will play fullback for the Seahawks.

The Seahawks used college quarterback Michael Robinson as their fullback last year, but he's not a true lead blocker. At 5'10/228, Ware could carve out a role in jumbo packages. He's not going to get any carries with the Seahawks sporting Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin and Christine Michael at tailback.


Confused

Who's the source? They have some explaining to do


Rotoworld. And to be honest, MRob isn't a true lead blocker. He's much more of a hybrid FB/RB type guy for us and certainly isn't the blocker that guys like Lawrence Vickers, Greg Jones, and Vonta Leach have proven to be. I personally think Rob gets overrated a lot by fans because he's such a good guy that everyone likes as a person, but to be honest he's not a great player when you take out his leadership qualities.
_________________
DudeWhat?? wrote:
If I am a starting QB and my back up is Kellen Clemens..i would only have one question...."Turn up for what?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 27072
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
Just in case it wasn't official.

Quote:
Rookie Spencer Ware will play fullback for the Seahawks.

The Seahawks used college quarterback Michael Robinson as their fullback last year, but he's not a true lead blocker. At 5'10/228, Ware could carve out a role in jumbo packages. He's not going to get any carries with the Seahawks sporting Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin and Christine Michael at tailback.


Confused

Who's the source? They have some explaining to do


Rotoworld. And to be honest, MRob isn't a true lead blocker. He's much more of a hybrid FB/RB type guy for us and certainly isn't the blocker that guys like Lawrence Vickers, Greg Jones, and Vonta Leach have proven to be. I personally think Rob gets overrated a lot by fans because he's such a good guy that everyone likes as a person, but to be honest he's not a great player when you take out his leadership qualities.


He doesn't have to be an elite bulldozer to be very effective. The way he works with Marshawn is his value. Our guard play has been crap since Hutch left, mike rob has done a great job of overshadowing that the last 2 years with his leadblocking. Lynch is noticeably less effective in a single back set or in the shotgun. I dont see Robinson as a RB/FB hydrid at all. He's a true full back and a key part of this offense
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 3451
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
Just in case it wasn't official.

Quote:
Rookie Spencer Ware will play fullback for the Seahawks.

The Seahawks used college quarterback Michael Robinson as their fullback last year, but he's not a true lead blocker. At 5'10/228, Ware could carve out a role in jumbo packages. He's not going to get any carries with the Seahawks sporting Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin and Christine Michael at tailback.


Confused

Who's the source? They have some explaining to do


Rotoworld. And to be honest, MRob isn't a true lead blocker. He's much more of a hybrid FB/RB type guy for us and certainly isn't the blocker that guys like Lawrence Vickers, Greg Jones, and Vonta Leach have proven to be. I personally think Rob gets overrated a lot by fans because he's such a good guy that everyone likes as a person, but to be honest he's not a great player when you take out his leadership qualities.


He doesn't have to be an elite bulldozer to be very effective. The way he works with Marshawn is his value. Our guard play has been crap since Hutch left, mike rob has done a great job of overshadowing that the last 2 years with his leadblocking. Lynch is noticeably less effective in a single back set or in the shotgun. I dont see Robinson as a RB/FB hydrid at all. He's a true full back and a key part of this offense


He is? Because I've noticed quite the contrary. Like I said, I think you're letting your like for him shadow your view of him as a player. He can ABSOLUTELY be improved upon as a blocker, I think we can both agree on that since you're saying he doesn't "have" to to be a bulldozer. We haven't seen Lynch run with any other FB, so how do we know who would be best at it? Ware certainly comes equipped with a lot more speed and, quite frankly, physicality in the hole. I wouldn't call him a key part of this offense. In fact, he's the one guy that I wouldn't mind losing to injury or something out of the starting 11.
_________________
DudeWhat?? wrote:
If I am a starting QB and my back up is Kellen Clemens..i would only have one question...."Turn up for what?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 27072
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
Just in case it wasn't official.

Quote:
Rookie Spencer Ware will play fullback for the Seahawks.

The Seahawks used college quarterback Michael Robinson as their fullback last year, but he's not a true lead blocker. At 5'10/228, Ware could carve out a role in jumbo packages. He's not going to get any carries with the Seahawks sporting Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin and Christine Michael at tailback.


Confused

Who's the source? They have some explaining to do


Rotoworld. And to be honest, MRob isn't a true lead blocker. He's much more of a hybrid FB/RB type guy for us and certainly isn't the blocker that guys like Lawrence Vickers, Greg Jones, and Vonta Leach have proven to be. I personally think Rob gets overrated a lot by fans because he's such a good guy that everyone likes as a person, but to be honest he's not a great player when you take out his leadership qualities.


He doesn't have to be an elite bulldozer to be very effective. The way he works with Marshawn is his value. Our guard play has been crap since Hutch left, mike rob has done a great job of overshadowing that the last 2 years with his leadblocking. Lynch is noticeably less effective in a single back set or in the shotgun. I dont see Robinson as a RB/FB hydrid at all. He's a true full back and a key part of this offense


He is? Because I've noticed quite the contrary. Like I said, I think you're letting your like for him shadow your view of him as a player. He can ABSOLUTELY be improved upon as a blocker, I think we can both agree on that since you're saying he doesn't "have" to to be a bulldozer. We haven't seen Lynch run with any other FB, so how do we know who would be best at it? Ware certainly comes equipped with a lot more speed and, quite frankly, physicality in the hole. I wouldn't call him a key part of this offense. In fact, he's the one guy that I wouldn't mind losing to injury or something out of the starting 11.


What brought you to this conclusion?

Also, his relationship with lynch andexperience are what make him effective as a leadblocker, without having to be elite overall. Ware's physicality (which, i'll admit, is very impressive) means nothing if he can't apply it as a full time blocker. That means football IQ and vision, which is why robinson is ELITE. It's nice to have a weapon out of the full back position, as another run threat. But i'll take a little know how and mental toughness in my backfield before another weapon...especially when we already have weapons in abundance. Ware reminds me of of Leron (sp?) McClain. Very effective runner from the FB spot, but limited prowess as a lead blocker. He CAN do it, but this once pro bowl fullback has fallen off the map as a runner and has lost value because of it. Leonard Weaver also comes to mind

Btw, the best play in seahhawks history doesn't happen if 24 lines up without a fullback.
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 27072
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love a Ware/Michael Duo in 2 years however, as i feel they complement each other well. Less of a need for a cut and go dream in christine to have a vickers/g.jones type. I'd love a shiftyness and power combo with those two


Also, i'd feel a lot better about M-Rob being let go if we can do something about the sorry excuses for starting guards we have. I like both carp and moff and think they have ability....but so does walter thurmond, if you get my point
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 3451
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
Just in case it wasn't official.

Quote:
Rookie Spencer Ware will play fullback for the Seahawks.

The Seahawks used college quarterback Michael Robinson as their fullback last year, but he's not a true lead blocker. At 5'10/228, Ware could carve out a role in jumbo packages. He's not going to get any carries with the Seahawks sporting Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin and Christine Michael at tailback.


Confused

Who's the source? They have some explaining to do


Rotoworld. And to be honest, MRob isn't a true lead blocker. He's much more of a hybrid FB/RB type guy for us and certainly isn't the blocker that guys like Lawrence Vickers, Greg Jones, and Vonta Leach have proven to be. I personally think Rob gets overrated a lot by fans because he's such a good guy that everyone likes as a person, but to be honest he's not a great player when you take out his leadership qualities.


He doesn't have to be an elite bulldozer to be very effective. The way he works with Marshawn is his value. Our guard play has been crap since Hutch left, mike rob has done a great job of overshadowing that the last 2 years with his leadblocking. Lynch is noticeably less effective in a single back set or in the shotgun. I dont see Robinson as a RB/FB hydrid at all. He's a true full back and a key part of this offense


He is? Because I've noticed quite the contrary. Like I said, I think you're letting your like for him shadow your view of him as a player. He can ABSOLUTELY be improved upon as a blocker, I think we can both agree on that since you're saying he doesn't "have" to to be a bulldozer. We haven't seen Lynch run with any other FB, so how do we know who would be best at it? Ware certainly comes equipped with a lot more speed and, quite frankly, physicality in the hole. I wouldn't call him a key part of this offense. In fact, he's the one guy that I wouldn't mind losing to injury or something out of the starting 11.


What brought you to this conclusion?

Also, his relationship with lynch andexperience are what make him effective as a leadblocker, without having to be elite overall. Ware's physicality (which, i'll admit, is very impressive) means nothing if he can't apply it as a full time blocker. That means football IQ and vision, which is why robinson is ELITE. It's nice to have a weapon out of the full back position, as another run threat. But i'll take a little know how and mental toughness in my backfield before another weapon...especially when we already have weapons in abundance. Ware reminds me of of Leron (sp?) McClain. Very effective runner from the FB spot, but limited prowess as a lead blocker. He CAN do it, but this once pro bowl fullback has fallen off the map as a runner and has lost value because of it. Leonard Weaver also comes to mind

Btw, the best play in seahhawks history doesn't happen if 24 lines up without a fullback.


It's as simple as watching Lynch highlights. The majority of plays come in single set backfields.

I don't think you're giving Ware enough credit as a blocker and giving Rob too much. Sure, he knows what he's doing out there, but that doesn't mean he always does it. And quite frankly, he never will. It's just the type of player he is.

I've already said I expect Rob to play this year, but after 2013 I expect Ware's potential to outweigh Rob's leadership.
_________________
DudeWhat?? wrote:
If I am a starting QB and my back up is Kellen Clemens..i would only have one question...."Turn up for what?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wee-Bey


Joined: 15 Apr 2013
Posts: 670
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
Just in case it wasn't official.

Quote:
Rookie Spencer Ware will play fullback for the Seahawks.

The Seahawks used college quarterback Michael Robinson as their fullback last year, but he's not a true lead blocker. At 5'10/228, Ware could carve out a role in jumbo packages. He's not going to get any carries with the Seahawks sporting Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin and Christine Michael at tailback.


Confused

Who's the source? They have some explaining to do


Rotoworld. And to be honest, MRob isn't a true lead blocker. He's much more of a hybrid FB/RB type guy for us and certainly isn't the blocker that guys like Lawrence Vickers, Greg Jones, and Vonta Leach have proven to be. I personally think Rob gets overrated a lot by fans because he's such a good guy that everyone likes as a person, but to be honest he's not a great player when you take out his leadership qualities.


He doesn't have to be an elite bulldozer to be very effective. The way he works with Marshawn is his value. Our guard play has been crap since Hutch left, mike rob has done a great job of overshadowing that the last 2 years with his leadblocking. Lynch is noticeably less effective in a single back set or in the shotgun. I dont see Robinson as a RB/FB hydrid at all. He's a true full back and a key part of this offense


He is? Because I've noticed quite the contrary. Like I said, I think you're letting your like for him shadow your view of him as a player. He can ABSOLUTELY be improved upon as a blocker, I think we can both agree on that since you're saying he doesn't "have" to to be a bulldozer. We haven't seen Lynch run with any other FB, so how do we know who would be best at it? Ware certainly comes equipped with a lot more speed and, quite frankly, physicality in the hole. I wouldn't call him a key part of this offense. In fact, he's the one guy that I wouldn't mind losing to injury or something out of the starting 11.


What the hell?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 3451
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not like I'm wishing the guy to get an injury, I think it's clear what I'm trying to say Laughing
_________________
DudeWhat?? wrote:
If I am a starting QB and my back up is Kellen Clemens..i would only have one question...."Turn up for what?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21262
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Btw, the best play in seahhawks history doesn't happen if 24 lines up without a fullback.
Ok? Michael Robinson didn't do anything special on that play. Most fullbacks could've done what he did. Lynch didn't even do what he was supposed to do on the play.


2 years ago, Michael Robinson was incredibly underrated. Most Seahawks fans despised the guy. I didn't really get the hate. He was solid.

Today, he has progressed some. Given more time in the system, he's gotten better at blocking to create seams for 'Shawn.

However, now he's overrated. In part to his probowl selection, in part to the Real Rob Report. Everyone loves him and it gives you all a jaded perspective.

He has nice hands, solid with the ball, and knows how to wall off defenders. He'll almost never blow a guy up, but that's not needed in our system.

Fact of the matter is, there's quite a few guys that I think we could bring in to nearly duplicate what Robinson can do as a player. Wilson is the leader of our skill guys and Unger the leader of the line. Robinson isn't needed as a leader.

1 year from now, the only thing we're going to miss about Robinson if he's gone is the Real Rob Report and some veteran savy. Oh, and about $1.5-2M.
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21262
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Lynch is noticeably less effective in a single back set or in the shotgun.

From ESPN. Lynch's success by formation.
I Formation: 137 carries, 655 yards, 4.8 YPC, 5 TDs
Lone Setback: 148 carries, 792 yards, 5.4 YPC, 6 TDs
Shotgun: 54 carries, 421 yards, 7.8 YPC, 3 TDs

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/10456/marshawn-lynch
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wee-Bey


Joined: 15 Apr 2013
Posts: 670
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
It's not like I'm wishing the guy to get an injury, I think it's clear what I'm trying to say Laughing


I think it's clear it was a low statement to make.

I've never been one to diminish veterans because I'd assumed they'd served their usefulness, and in this case I'm not even sure that's true.

But carry on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wee-Bey


Joined: 15 Apr 2013
Posts: 670
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Btw, the best play in seahhawks history doesn't happen if 24 lines up without a fullback.
Ok? Michael Robinson didn't do anything special on that play. Most fullbacks could've done what he did. Lynch didn't even do what he was supposed to do on the play.


2 years ago, Michael Robinson was incredibly underrated. Most Seahawks fans despised the guy. I didn't really get the hate. He was solid.

Today, he has progressed some. Given more time in the system, he's gotten better at blocking to create seams for 'Shawn.

However, now he's overrated. In part to his probowl selection, in part to the Real Rob Report. Everyone loves him and it gives you all a jaded perspective.

He has nice hands, solid with the ball, and knows how to wall off defenders. He'll almost never blow a guy up, but that's not needed in our system.

Fact of the matter is, there's quite a few guys that I think we could bring in to nearly duplicate what Robinson can do as a player. Wilson is the leader of our skill guys and Unger the leader of the line. Robinson isn't needed as a leader.

1 year from now, the only thing we're going to miss about Robinson if he's gone is the Real Rob Report and some veteran savy. Oh, and about $1.5-2M.


You're presumptuous. Not only are you familiar with the influences of our respective perspectives, but you're in tune with the spirit of the lockeroom, and the relationships of the players therein.

Edit:

http://youtu.be/fEfZR3_qnIo

Mike Robinson isn't a leader. He isn't a true lead blocker. Rob needs to improve his physicality and blocking because he doesn't bulldoze people. It's as simple as tape, indeed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21262
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee-Bey wrote:
SoS wrote:
It's not like I'm wishing the guy to get an injury, I think it's clear what I'm trying to say Laughing


I think it's clear it was a low statement to make.

I've never been one to diminish veterans because I'd assumed they'd served their usefulness, and in this case I'm not even sure that's true.

But carry on.
and you say I'm presumptuous?

SoS is indicating that of our 11 starters, our offense would fall apart the least with no Mike Rob. If I may be so bold as to make an accurate presumption.
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10728
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Rob is one of the least valuable players on O. He is replaceable and I do think he has another year on the team until Spencer Ware can get ready.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wee-Bey


Joined: 15 Apr 2013
Posts: 670
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
and you say I'm presumptuous?


Yes.

Quote:
SoS is indicating that of our 11 starters, our offense would fall apart the least with no Mike Rob. If I may be so bold as to make an accurate presumption.


SoS stated of the players on offense, he wouldn't mind losing Mike Rob to injury. No presumptions are necessary, his statement was clear. If he intended to say the offense would suffer least from a Mike Rob injury than any other starter, I would disagree and suggest he better word his points.

Personally, I would mind any Seahawk losing his job to injury, because it affects that individuals career and livelihood absent of his control. Just me though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group