Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

204th Overall Pick: FB Braden Wilson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: 204th Overall Pick: FB Braden Wilson Reply with quote

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 251 lbs
Arm Length: 33 1/3"
Hands: 10"
40 Time: ?
Bench Press: ?
Vertical: ?
Long Jump: ?

NFL.com wrote:
In high school, Wilson was a two-way player, who started at both at running back and defensive end. He eventually went on to be a Kansas Top 11 selection and First Team KFBCA All-State selection in 2007. In addition to his football prowess, Wilson was also an all-league basketball player and state qualifier in the discus and long jump.

Wilson redshirted in 2008, before seeing action in all 12 of the games the Wildcats played in 2009. He earned four starts on the season. In 2010, Wilson spent his time blocking for current Miami Dolphins running back Daniel Thomas. Wilson played in all 13 games and logged 11 starts. His blocking helped Thomas to ninth in the nation in rushing yards and tops in the Big 12. Wilson himself contributed one rushing touchdown. In 2011, Wilson played in every game, and had five carries for 15 yards. He also caught two passes for 14 yards. This past season, Wilson played in all 13 games, and had six carries for 13 yards and a touchdown. He also caught five passes for 34 yards.

What can you tell us about him, RVM?

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast of a blocker, not necessarily good technique or leverage all the time, but man he can wallop. I just marked out in my basement just there now. STOKED!

Not asked to catch much, but I think he CAN do it okay.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
marnz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is just a road blocker will pave way for rb provides little help running or catching the ball though

He will be and is best blocking fb in draft though
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it interesting that based on you guys' descriptions of him as a player, he seems like an identical player to DiMarco. That's leaving me scratching my head with this pick.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. I thought with Reids offense we may be looking for a little more versatility in the position which is i was interested in the Harvard FB or even Pryor of FSU who has gone undrafted.
marnz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
Exactly. I thought with Reids offense we may be looking for a little more versatility in the position which is i was interested in the Harvard FB or even Pryor of FSU who has gone undrafted.
I was thinking kelce can play role as h back once in a while has blocking ability and hell of a mismatch i
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well he could but i would much rather him working the seams opposite moeaki and have a full time FB with a skill set like a Pryor who is always a danger of running the ball or leaking out of backfield and catching a pass.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson is fastr than DiMarco, certainly appears much bigger in pads. If I remember correctly, he has also played some LB (a fewsnaps) here and there.

He will beast up blocking, and depending on receiving, which he was.never really asked to do, could easily be a John Kuhn type ofplayer.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i'm fine with him replacing Dimarco if he beats him out.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At thus point in the draft he should be a 4 team STs player. Reid usually has a FB who can catch, but he doesn't sound like it. Needs to be a heck of a lead blocker in short yardage and personal protector on punts.

^ryknowssd on the sig
kcstomp63

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to broadcast his high school football games on the radio. Crazy that he is now a Chief. He will have to do well in camp to make the team.

Thanks to LOTO for the sig
timmay98

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why this guy wasn't on our FA list. Seems like a reach. Happy a local kid got draftedd by the Chiefs but could have a thought of a few I would rather have then a FB at this point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: