Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

6th Round Pick - #199 - RB, Theo Riddick, Notre Dame
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
This one has me scratching my head honestly... Not sure if Riddick is anything more than a back up RB who can also run up the middle a bit.

I feel like I'm describing Leshoure? An as insurance behind him we have Bell? Who's more of a power runner than any of the others. I just don't see Riddicks real role other than as insurance behind both Bush/Leshoure. Cause he's definitely not getting carries up the middle over Bell.

Riddick is pretty good in the passing game. Hes not exactly the type to break big ones but he'll do well catching passes for them if Bush goes down.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
Smack

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
This one has me scratching my head honestly... Not sure if Riddick is anything more than a back up RB who can also run up the middle a bit.

I feel like I'm describing Leshoure? An as insurance behind him we have Bell? Who's more of a power runner than any of the others. I just don't see Riddicks real role other than as insurance behind both Bush/Leshoure. Cause he's definitely not getting carries up the middle over Bell.

That's what youre supposed to use lower round picks for, to fill out your roster so your offense doesn't crash and burn if you lose one player (Best)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:

Riddick is all around better back then Leshoure. Ridick has better game speed, agility and pass catching. Plus Riddick can line up at WR. Reddick also can return kicks.

Starting RB- Bush
Goal line/power- LeShoure
Multi dimensional- Riddick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Jrugges wrote:

Reddick is all around better back then Leshoure. Ridick has better game speed, agility and pass catching. Plus Reddick can line up at WR. Reddick also can return kicks.

Starting RB- Bush
Multi dimensional- Reddick

I don't buy this. Red - is a 6th round back for a reason. He never really impressed me at ND. He may catch better than Leshoure but that's about it. I think he will be lucky to make the team. He may turn out to be a Arian Foster type pick but I don't have my expectations anywhere near that.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Jrugges wrote:

Reddick is all around better back then Leshoure. Ridick has better game speed, agility and pass catching. Plus Reddick can line up at WR. Reddick also can return kicks.

Starting RB- Bush

I don't buy this. Red - is a 6th round back for a reason. He never really impressed me at ND. He may catch better than Leshoure but that's about it. I think he will be lucky to make the team. He may turn out to be a Arian Foster type pick but I don't have my expectations anywhere near that.

I said all around better not the better back. Leshoure can't return kicks. Leshoure wouldn't be good in slot.

Riddick is all around better weapon. LeShoure gets more touches in run game

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Jrugges wrote:

Starting RB- Bush

I said all around better not the better back. Leshoure can't return kicks. Leshoure wouldn't be good in slot.

He may be more versatile, but he isn't better combined at all those things than Leshoure is as a RB IMO. Which means I think Leshoure is a better weapon. Just because he might be able to move around doesn't make him a better weapon if he is on the practice squad, which is likely.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Jrugges wrote:

Starting RB- Bush

He may be more versatile, but he isn't better combined at all those things than Leshoure is as a RB IMO. Which means I think Leshoure is a better weapon. Just because he might be able to move around doesn't make him a better weapon if he is on the practice squad, which is likely.

If they try that they lose him. Another team will snag him up

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need some insurance for Reggie Bush. I mean he's been healthy as of late but he does have a history of injuries in the past.

He goes down at least Theo should be able to run some of the plays we're designing for Bush. Plus will let Mike Thomas focus solely on WR.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect LeShoure to be a whole lot better this year... after nother extended period of rehabing his achilles. We all seemed to be so quick to forget that. Even in best case scenarios it takes a while to fully recover. He wasn't great last year, but that could be partially attributed to that. Not entirely or even mostly, but partially.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a solid pick, especially with Broyles/Burleson yet on the mend.

We were so incredibly unfortunate last year. I'm excited to see what happens this year. I've not been able to give this team a full analysis yet from 2012 to '13, but I thought they were, at their core, a .500 team in 2011 and 2012 that overachieved one year and underachieved/had some grand misfortunes the next. Hopefully I can put together a full analysis this week.
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
I expect LeShoure to be a whole lot better this year... after nother extended period of rehabing his achilles. We all seemed to be so quick to forget that. Even in best case scenarios it takes a while to fully recover. He wasn't great last year, but that could be partially attributed to that. Not entirely or even mostly, but partially.
I tend to agree. He came back quickly from that Achilles injury, and our interior OL were terrible run-blockers.

We already know that we've upgraded our run-blocking with at least two players- Warford and Reiff. Really wish we could've landed that FB we were targeting, he could've made a world of a difference. Regardless, we'll see what Mike Williams can do in that department.

LeShoure would've been what everyone expects Lacy to be. I think he performed well considering the circumstances last season, and believe he'll be better this season along with the rest of our offense.
Nopussycat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I haven't see us run it with Linehan, a two tight end formation with Bush and Riddick in a split backfield could make for some interesting matchup problems.

Sig by Spartan4Life

The Lions can't suck forever,right?
duanegarrison09

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theodore Reddick was a stupid pick. Confused
Nopussycat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Regardless, we'll see what Mike Williams can do in that department.

Could we please call him Michael Williams. I started having terrible flashbacks.

Sig by Spartan4Life

The Lions can't suck forever,right?
ManeLine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duanegarrison09 wrote:
Theodore Reddick was a stupid pick. Confused

Why? Brings some versatility and depth. Pretty good pass catcher, pretty shifty/makes nice cuts and plays quicker than he tests. I actually think this is a pretty good 6th round pick and we'll like this guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: