Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Recap Thread: Grades, Opinions, Highlights
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Initial overall draft grade
A
16%
 16%  [ 11 ]
B
64%
 64%  [ 43 ]
C
17%
 17%  [ 12 ]
D
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 67

Author Message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 21285
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup no doubt you like richardson. Its ok though. Everyone has there favorites. NC had Ray, BP was huge on Nick Miller, Silverblack loved Geno, and Living legend was Jarvis Jones cousin early on. I thought McClain was an outstanding pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32510
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Yup no doubt you like richardson. Its ok though. Everyone has there favorites. NC had Ray, BP was huge on Nick Miller, Silverblack loved Geno, and Living legend was Jarvis Jones cousin early on. I thought McClain was an outstanding pick.


I liked Geno a lot at one point, but if I had to say one prospect was my boy I'd say it was Dion Jordan. I just stopped arguing for him because it seemed less and less likely we would pick him.

I still think Geno had a lot of unfair criticisms. At the same time, I also am beginning to think that there was some truth to a few criticisms that I dismissed.
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 5630
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
It can be a good or bad draft before a game is played. It can only be one in 3 years though, thats all that matters. I think Bags write up was pretty spot on. Im a little higher on Haydn than him but other than that spot on. Good job Bagz.


Meh.... his bias for Richardson gets old.

Richardson has 1 year of college production, but that doesn't seem to apply to him the way it does other prospects.


Am I bias for Clowney as well or is he just a great prospect? In retrospect, there were a number of teams that had Richardson rated higher on their big board than Floyd. Imo, the Raiders interest in Floyd was a rouse from the beginning.

I was also extremely high on Ngata. Was I bias then or just lucky he panned out? I said Richardson should go around #13 like similar prospects I compared him to like Nick Fairley and that's exactly where he went. Conversely, YOUR boy Floyd dropped like a rock in the draft despite your assessment of his skills.

Imo, bias is the result of analysis corrupted by emotion or the denial of statistical facts. JaMarcus Russell has numerous serious red flags before the draft there went ignored yet he still has apologists. TeePee has numerous technical flaws yet he has a rabid fan fase despite the fact none of the NFL experts are asking why he isn't playing and draft pundits cite QB as a position of need. Admittedly 2013 was a weak draft and Richardson does have some red flags which I noted however, Floyd has some serious red flags such as lack of production and short arms yet I am bias and you are not???


"My boy" when I never favored drafting Floyd? I never suggested he be my choice for the Raiders to pick. So there is no emotion there. I just argued he's a good prospect and time will show that.

Your bias for Richardson is that you'd have taken him over any player in this class unless I'm mistaken?

Your rant against Hayden is fueled by emotion over not selecting "your boy" Richardson it seems. But that's just my perspective.


No. I had both Fisher & Joeckel above him on my big board. I didn't rant against Hayden I think he is a decent prospect but I also feel that he may be judged unfairly absent a pass rush. However, I am against taking CBs that high.
_________________
Raiders 2014 Draft (check out my draft review tell me what you think)
Mancrush 2014: DE Clowney, WR Watkins, OT Robinson, LB Shazier, FS Brooks, TE ASJ, OG Jackson, WR Janis, OT Lucas, OT Tiny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14114
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember which team was discussed but someone mentioned players having overcame adversity was a factor when this team was setting their draft boards. I'd say it's one for McKenzie as well.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32510
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth noting:

Some posters said we would need 3 or 4 starters out of this class to be successful. Well Hayden, Watson, Sio and the TE's all have a decent shot to star this year. Our first 3 picks are likely going to start for a long time.
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8681
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Worth noting:

Some posters said we would need 3 or 4 starters out of this class to be successful. Well Hayden, Watson, Sio and the TE's all have a decent shot to star this year. Our first 3 picks are likely going to start for a long time.

Yes very happy about that. I could easily see 4 with the TE's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14114
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie numbers:

David Bass #51
Billy Boyko #48
Adrian Bushell #39
Brice Butler #19
Bobby Cowan #13
Deveric Gallington #66
DJ Hayden #25
Shelton Johnson #42
Nick Kasa #88
Brian Leonhardt #89
Lamar Mady #63
Stacy McGee #92
Sam McGuffie #85
Sio Moore #55
Latavius Murray #34
Kyle Padron #4
Mychal Rivera #81
Adam Steiner #43
Kurt Taufa'asau #74
Conner Vernon #16
Menelik Watson #71
John Wetzel #73
Deonte Williams #30
Tyler Wilson #8
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10012
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Bass #51? That's a LB's number......hello 3-4
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dat Raider


Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 4502
Location: London aka LDN
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
David Bass #51? That's a LB's number......hello 3-4


That's what I thought when I saw his number. LB? He was a beast at DE, so why LB? I'm not going to jump the gun and say 3-4 without hearing any words from the team. It is strange, however.
_________________
RIP Al Davis. Thank you for this team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22240
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
David Bass #51? That's a LB's number......hello 3-4


Stop. Just Stop. John Abraham has worn 55 as a DE for years. Derrick Burgess ring a bell?

I'm sure there will be some hybrid 3-4 looks, but as a base defense. No. Not happening.

Carter/Houston are not playing in a 3-4.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 21285
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
David Bass #51? That's a LB's number......hello 3-4


Stop. Just Stop. John Abraham has worn 55 as a DE for years. Derrick Burgess ring a bell?

I'm sure there will be some hybrid 3-4 looks, but as a base defense. No. Not happening.

Carter/Houston are not playing in a 3-4.


I think he was joking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22240
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
David Bass #51? That's a LB's number......hello 3-4


Stop. Just Stop. John Abraham has worn 55 as a DE for years. Derrick Burgess ring a bell?

I'm sure there will be some hybrid 3-4 looks, but as a base defense. No. Not happening.

Carter/Houston are not playing in a 3-4.


I think he was joking.


You never know. "3-4 defense" and "move Houston to UT" are my two biggest pet peeves on this forum. Been going on for years now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14744
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
It can be a good or bad draft before a game is played. It can only be one in 3 years though, thats all that matters. I think Bags write up was pretty spot on. Im a little higher on Haydn than him but other than that spot on. Good job Bagz.


I kinda agree with the write up except the love for richardson. I would have loved to trade down again with the same deal the cowboys got and picked up slay. I didnt see that much of a difference between slay, hayden and trufant.
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you


Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8681
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Rookie numbers:

David Bass #51
Billy Boyko #48
Adrian Bushell #39
Brice Butler #19
Bobby Cowan #13
Deveric Gallington #66
DJ Hayden #25
Shelton Johnson #42
Nick Kasa #88
Brian Leonhardt #89
Lamar Mady #63
Stacy McGee #92
Sam McGuffie #85
Sio Moore #55
Latavius Murray #34
Kyle Padron #4
Mychal Rivera #81
Adam Steiner #43
Kurt Taufa'asau #74
Conner Vernon #16
Menelik Watson #71
John Wetzel #73
Deonte Williams #30
Tyler Wilson #8

Glad its official heading to the sports shop to have McClain removed and Moore added.

92 on McGee. Would have thought Walker or Sims would have taken that. Funny nobody took 77 that is usually the first to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sandiegoraider1


Joined: 08 Nov 2008
Posts: 2126
Location: San Diego
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sio Moore, resore the honor to #55!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group