Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 192nd pick the Colts select John Boyett

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: With the 192nd pick the Colts select John Boyett Reply with quote

John Boyett S, Oregan

ok, I guess
Phobixx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fav pick of the draft

this guy is a ball hawk could replace bethea next year if we let him go
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehh..Im with Stallyns its ok, hopefully he comes back from injury and can stay healthy, we needed an additional Safety so hopefully he fits the bill!
Mooche

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably my favorite pick of the entire draft for the Colts.

I am well aware of the injury history, but this kid is a flat out gamer. Boyett has phenomenal range and looked very comfortable playing the deep third. On top of that, he has terrific skills when the ball is in the air, and can make things happen when he has the ball in his hands.

He LOVES to throw his body around. He isn't afraid to set the tone of the game by hammering the opposition. I think this quote by Pagano speaks volumes about the type of competitor he is:

"We've got to protect John Boyett against his self because he'll play hurt. He just played right through it."

So excited for this pick.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooche wrote:
Probably my favorite pick of the entire draft for the Colts.

I am well aware of the injury history, but this kid is a flat out gamer. Boyett has phenomenal range and looked very comfortable playing the deep third. On top of that, he has terrific skills when the ball is in the air, and can make things happen when he has the ball in his hands.

He LOVES to throw his body around. He isn't afraid to set the tone of the game by hammering the opposition. I think this quote by Pagano speaks volumes about the type of competitor he is:

"We've got to protect John Boyett against his self because he'll play hurt. He just played right through it."

So excited for this pick.

I hope so! Im ready to see him get after it!
PeytonFan18

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: With the 192nd pick the Colts select John Boyett Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
John Boyett S, Oregan

ok, I guess

I think you're selling this pick short. When you're looking at a 6th or 7th rounder you're looking at someone who is either solid and can find a spot on the team, or a talented player who slides because of injury or another reason.

Boyett is the latter. This is a talented kid who if he wasn't injured in his senior season wouldn't have made it out of the 4th round. So you take a flier on a guy who has an injury, but if he returns 100% he will be our 3rd safety and a potential starter down the road.

To me that is much better than OK when it comes to a 6th rounder.

Images courtesy of the great IndyColt#88
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
justo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This dude is a cult hero in Oregon. I don't think there is a Ducks fan who doesn't love Boyett.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: