Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

6(178) - William Campbell, OG, Michigan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesickness89

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
thesickness89 wrote:
Campbell has talent at DT, he had to play G early in his career under Rich Rod. Hoke came in and the staff moved him back over to DT and his play really improved. Former 5 star recruit, If he had Hoke and Co. from the getgo he would be alot more pro ready and would have been selected a few rounds higher.

Low risk/High Reward type of pick here. No way he plays G, I think his talent is really at DT with some more time, only logged about two seasons there at Michigan due to the switch

They already said he will be an OL for us, most likely OG.

Then he will probably not make the roster after this season

#FIREHOKE2014
JETS2005

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
JETS2005 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:
I know seriously nothing about him either haha.

As a Michigan fan I know everything about him and love that we got him, just reaching his potential

So in your opinion is he best suited to the OL or DL?

I'm assuming he's going to be put on the OL but just curious.

I see we are switching him to OL but he has real potential on the defensive side good athleticism for his size and a pretty quick step his issue early was that he was a little to laid back and silly but really changed once Hoke came in and you saw a big step in progression. I felt he would be a good rotational DL and I really think that he will end up there.

He does have potential on the Oline side

One of my fav pics of him

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_SdY5TtGAMd4/TMbgaKznR9I/AAAAAAAAD7k/mgO9c6Y0Q84/s1600/campbell_william1.jpg
JETS2005

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesickness89 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
thesickness89 wrote:
Campbell has talent at DT, he had to play G early in his career under Rich Rod. Hoke came in and the staff moved him back over to DT and his play really improved. Former 5 star recruit, If he had Hoke and Co. from the getgo he would be alot more pro ready and would have been selected a few rounds higher.

Low risk/High Reward type of pick here. No way he plays G, I think his talent is really at DT with some more time, only logged about two seasons there at Michigan due to the switch

Yeah not sure about the switch but I think that he will latch on the defensive side at some point.
thesickness89

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETS2005 wrote:
thesickness89 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
thesickness89 wrote:

Yeah not sure about the switch but I think that he will latch on the defensive side at some point.

Are you a fellow Wolverine fan? You know he has to play defense at the next level Laughing

#FIREHOKE2014
famousj

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Mayock. I don't see the Jets using William Campbell at guard at all. The Jets drafted him to play DT. I now see the Jets playing the 4-3 as their base defense with Sheldon Richardson and Quinton Coples playing DE. The DT will be a combination of Wilkerson, Garay, Ellis and Campbell.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
green24

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
I don't like Mayock. I don't see the Jets using William Campbell at guard at all. The Jets drafted him to play DT. I now see the Jets playing the 4-3 as their base defense with Sheldon Richardson and Quinton Coples playing DE. The DT will be a combination of Wilkerson, Garay, Ellis and Campbell.

Richardson is a DT in a 4-3. Barnes is our other DE in the 4-3.
Imarobot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:

Richardson is not a 4-3 DE. Wilk would even be a better option that him outside. Actually Wilk-Richardson-Ellis-Coples sounds great to me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
famousj wrote:

Richardson is a DT in a 4-3. Barnes is our other DE in the 4-3.

Pace would probably play there more than Barnes, at least for this season.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the plan was to draft guards all along I don't understand why we wouldn't take an elite one in warmack at 9. Whatever. Weird draft. Well see what happens. I just hope we cut Sanchez and can sign a TE and a WR.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
If the plan was to draft guards all along I don't understand why we wouldn't take an elite one in warmack at 9. Whatever. Weird draft. Well see what happens. I just hope we cut Sanchez and can sign a TE and a WR.

You didn't want a Guard that high!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:

I think the Jets liked a lot of guards and were much higher on richardson

Why would they take warmack if they had richardson higher on their board? especially knowing that there were other guards they liked a lot in the later rounds

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**milliner not richardson** sorry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

You didn't want a Guard that high!!!!!

You don't. You hit on one of these guards and you will get similar production to Warmack but now you add Miliner. Guards have no value in the first round.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

JETS2005

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesickness89 wrote:
JETS2005 wrote:
thesickness89 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
thesickness89 wrote:

Are you a fellow Wolverine fan? You know he has to play defense at the next level Laughing

you know I am. Very Happy
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
If Dee would have been taken in the top 7, we would have. Idzik's board was Tavon, Dee, Chance, then Sheldon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: