Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5.29 (162nd overall) - OLB Brandon Jenkins, Florida State
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Brandon-Jenkins-Im-Quick-Like-A-Rabbit/b0cf0e79-ed45-4bb8-a34e-398153b6e2e4

He says he still does and sounds like he always will feel the result of the Lisfranc break.. Hard to hope he'll ever be the same player.. Kinda dims my hopes we got a steal in the draft when we picked him.

Not exactly:

Brandon Jenkins wrote:
Jenkins was a full participant in the recent rookie mini-camp at Redskins Park. He said that while he can still feel the effects of his injury, he is still making progress to recover.

I dont feel 100 percent, he said emphatically. I want to get to the point where I dont feel anything, but youre always going to know that you had that injury.

He's not fully healthy now, but he's thinking about the injury and how it will affect his play, not that he'll always feel the result of it. In other words, a mental thing. Which could be worse, or could be broken.
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't sleep on this guy. They have plans to use him, probably soon...

http://www.timesdispatch.com/sports/professional/football/redskins/jenkins-to-fill-rush-and-crush-role/article_daebb985-4c56-5964-a7dd-fa342404af61.html

Quote:
When Haslett was asked if it would be possible to get three pass-rushing linebackers on the field at the same time, he said, You have to say four, because the new guy should be included.

And by the new guy, he meant Jenkins?

Yes, Haslett said.

Also thought this was somewhat interesting, as we already know the pass-rush skills he brings:
Quote:

Im comfortable running with (tight ends and running backs). I wont beat them in a race, but Ill give them a run for their money. Its all about angles.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Don't sleep on this guy. They have plans to use him, probably soon...

http://www.timesdispatch.com/sports/professional/football/redskins/jenkins-to-fill-rush-and-crush-role/article_daebb985-4c56-5964-a7dd-fa342404af61.html

Quote:
When Haslett was asked if it would be possible to get three pass-rushing linebackers on the field at the same time, he said, You have to say four, because the new guy should be included.

And by the new guy, he meant Jenkins?

Yes, Haslett said.

Also thought this was somewhat interesting, as we already know the pass-rush skills he brings:
Quote:

Im comfortable running with (tight ends and running backs). I wont beat them in a race, but Ill give them a run for their money. Its all about angles.
cool. I can't wait to see him play to see how it all plays out.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised there has not been much talk about Jenkins as a draft pick. I think this guy will be a great back up and a solid steal in this draft. While his injury may linger for his career, is that going to keep him out of games. We'll see, but it sounds like that is something that he may just have to deal with and play through it.

I hope so, cause he can get to the QB and is strong. Just when you think you may get a break from Kerrigan or Orakpo, here come Jenkins and Jackson.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: