Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos sign former Chargers LB Shaun Phillips
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
To be honest if Q Smith is healthy for the start of the season Phillips might not even make the team.

Most ridiculous statement made in the draft.
I don't know... He was posting some pretty ridiculous stuff after day two. Worst draft in ten years type garbage. Laughing

Nice job on your part for this draft. You did real well in the draft game and you were right on about alot of prospects. Jesse Williams comes to mind. Now he may end up being a good player, but you were dead on as far as his draft stock.

I didn't have a good year. Crying or Very sad

I like this draft though. Alot of good prospects and depth added in areas of need.

Phillips is going to be a good addition. He won't have alot of responsibilities other than rushing the passer. He and Ayers form what I consider a far superior product to Elvis Dumervil. The price is right on too. Phillips and Miller will be touh for teams to handle.

I am curious to see how much Von rushes from the right side this year. Phillips has had most success rushing the strong side and I am certain Von can get to the QB from anywhere.

Thanks man. I appreciate the notice.

Yeah I think I hit on a couple guys (my favorite was DJ Hayden ahead of Milliner. So many people gave me a hard time for that) but really missed on others. I never saw EJ Manuel in the 1st or Corey Lemonier in the 4th. I think the 49ers made out like bandits this year.

Im with you with Phillips. He will team with Ayers and the two will be a better player than Doom. However, Phillips will get about 65% of plays haha.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I think he's a candidate for PUP, they won't give up the whole season for him, IMO.

you're right the PUP list would make more sense.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
To be honest if Q Smith is healthy for the start of the season Phillips might not even make the team.

Most ridiculous statement made in the draft.
I don't know... He was posting some pretty ridiculous stuff after day two. Worst draft in ten years type garbage. Laughing

Nice job on your part for this draft. You did real well in the draft game and you were right on about alot of prospects. Jesse Williams comes to mind. Now he may end up being a good player, but you were dead on as far as his draft stock.

I didn't have a good year. Crying or Very sad

I like this draft though. Alot of good prospects and depth added in areas of need.

Phillips is going to be a good addition. He won't have alot of responsibilities other than rushing the passer. He and Ayers form what I consider a far superior product to Elvis Dumervil. The price is right on too. Phillips and Miller will be touh for teams to handle.

I am curious to see how much Von rushes from the right side this year. Phillips has had most success rushing the strong side and I am certain Von can get to the QB from anywhere.

Thanks man. I appreciate the notice.

Yeah I think I hit on a couple guys (my favorite was DJ Hayden ahead of Milliner. So many people gave me a hard time for that) but really missed on others. I never saw EJ Manuel in the 1st or Corey Lemonier in the 4th. I think the 49ers made out like bandits this year.

Im with you with Phillips. He will team with Ayers and the two will be a better player than Doom. However, Phillips will get about 65% of plays haha.

Milliner went before Hayden...but I think you're referring to rankings.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the trash-talking continue in Orange and Blue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddv1l3DTH8Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw on rotoworld that Fox said Shaun Phillips is basically Von Miller lite. On early downs he will backup at Sam Linebacker, and then on nickel plays he will be a DE.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
I saw on rotoworld that Fox said Shaun Phillips is basically Von Miller lite. On early downs he will backup at Sam Linebacker, and then on nickel plays he will be a DE.

So, they need to go sign Freeney as well. That isn't a bad thing. Or, unless, they are hoping that Q will be healthy or they really have faith in Ayers.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, they need to go sign Freeney as well. That isn't a bad thing. Or, unless, they are hoping that Q will be healthy or they really have faith in Ayers.

Shaun is better than Freeney at this point.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Nah well I think Ayers will be the first and second down end

Here's how I see our front seven

Base

Wolfe-Knighton-Sly-Ayers
Von-Bradley-Woodyard
Bailey-Adams-Moore-Harris

Nickel

Von-Wolfe-Sly-Phillips
Trevathan-Woodyard
Bailey-Harris-Adams-Moore-DRC

I have to say Bradley sticks out like a sore thumb in the base formation. Maybe Nate Irving or Steven Johnson can pinch that role off him with a strong camp.

As for Q I see him as purely a nickel pass rusher. As he gets healthy I think we will ease him into the Shaun Phillips role. If Phillips is playing well and worthy of an extension then we have a nice problem as we would have 3 stud pass rushers that were all healthy so maybe we could try something odd like using a pass rushing nickel linebacker or even putting Von Miller at Defensive Tackle or something in the 4-2-5 set.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is to Ayers playing out of his mind during a contract year.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Here is to Ayers playing out of his mind during a contract year.

Hear hear!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: