Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 138th Pick in the NFL Draft, Tharold Simon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to disagree about him being a mirror image to Browner (or perfect replacement). He's awful in press coverage and in hand usage. He would have been perfect for Gus Bradly's soft zone's on third down, but otherwise he will have some learning to do. He'd be an excellent dime corner for the next season or two while we nurture him into that role at #2

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I have to disagree about him being a mirror image to Browner (or perfect replacement). He's awful in press coverage and in hand usage. He would have been perfect for Gus Bradly's soft zone's on third down, but otherwise he will have some learning to do. He'd be an excellent dime corner for the next season or two while we nurture him into that role at #2

Gus is gone! we will see what happens, no doubt he, maxwell, lane will battle it out... if WT3 is healthy its his job when BB fades

WINTER IS COMING
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:

He's physical, willing, and physically talented, it's just a matter of technique. I doubt Kris Richard struggles to coach a guy with this much raw talent. I doubt it's a big issue by the time we'd ask him to step in.

The things he brings that Browner doesn't are what cannot be taught. His hips are much more fluid turning and running with the deeper routes, his ball skills on are better when the balls in the air, and he's just generally a faster player. I think he'll end up being an upgrade.
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
imani wrote:

He's physical, willing, and physically talented, it's just a matter of technique. I doubt Kris Richard struggles to coach a guy with this much raw talent. I doubt it's a big issue by the time we'd ask him to step in.

The things he brings that Browner doesn't are what cannot be taught. His hips are much more fluid turning and running with the deeper routes, his ball skills on are better when the balls in the air, and he's just generally a faster player. I think he'll end up being an upgrade.

I don't think that is being debated, I think that the comparison is a bit off as well. I see more Sherm in Simon than Browner.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:

Maybe he is a better pro player this was the case with Richard Sherman.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
imani wrote:

Not saying he's a bad player. Justt hat he's in no way shape or form a press corner. If you look up press corner in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of brandon browner

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
imani wrote:

Not saying he's a bad player. Justt hat he's in no way shape or form a press corner. If you look up press corner in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of brandon browner
Sherm's better in press than Browner. Browner isn't quick enough to press the quicker WR's of the NFL.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
imani

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
imani wrote:

Sherm's better in press than Browner. Browner isn't quick enough to press the quicker WR's of the NFL.

Meh, you could say that browner does a better job with the stronger receivers (CJ, AJ, Marshall, ETC). It goes both ways. Browner does a better job at stop players at the LOS, Sherman is better at interrupting route breaks

wwhickok wrote:

SoS

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
GM John Schneider said the Seahawks are "comfortable" with fifth-round rookie CB Tharold Simon's legal situation.

Simon was arrested last Thursday night for public intimidation, resisting an officer and a noise violation. His attorneys are confident the charges will be dropped. Simon insists that the officers overreacted and he says he has 30 witnesses. We wouldn't expect any league discipline to come down here -- especially because Simon wasn't on a team when the incident went down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: