Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 135th pick, the tWo select, Denard Robinson, ATH
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Just because they don't, doesn't mean they can't.

That said, he's going to be better as a 10-15 touch guy.

I agree he would be better as that, but most guys who touch it 20x a game dont last long in the league

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another michigan fan plopping on the bandwagon. A few already made it here, should tell you the love for Denard. Can't find a better person. He is humble, hard working and always gives credit to his teammates.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Michigan fan here. This just gives me a reason to go to Jags games now.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I ask Michigan fans, is don't do us how we got did with Matt Jones.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
How many guys touch the ball 20x a game? How many of them are drafted in round 5?

Everyone not drafted by the Seahawks and 49ers.

When I speak of touches that includes Kickoffs, P/R, Receiving and Carries it doesn't actual mean that he will touch the ball that many times I always thought of DR as around Aces size I didn't know he was a shade under 200lbs. Meaning he has enough weight on his frame to sustain that many touches if given the oppertunity. If he turns out to be a utility guy in the frame work of Cobb out in Green Bay we got a steal.

Last edited by DuvalsKing on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
sadjag

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
All I ask Michigan fans, is don't do us how we got did with Matt Jones.
What iPwn is saying is that we would prefer it if Denard used his cocaine OUTSIDE of the stadium.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

If that...Maybe eventually, as he develops some legitimate skillsets outside of scrambling QBish type player.

And that's not really a knock on Robinson or the pick, it's just the reality...you can only run so many 'gimmick' plays to get the ball in the hands of a guy like that. You still have to run your 'normal offense' as well. And you have to sit there and watch our defense waste time getting blown up for a significant chunk of game time (at least for now).

My issue is more in having a pair of similar 'general playmaker' types on the roster in Ace and ShoelAce. If we wanna get the ball in both their hands over the course of a game...but still get the ball to B14mon and ShortsIII along with MJD who loves to carry the ball as often as possible...how many touches are there to go around...especially when you're talking how many 'gimmick' type touches are there?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mich_fan20 wrote:

MY MAN CODI. WELCOME BUD.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
iPwn wrote:

If that...Maybe eventually, as he develops some legitimate skillsets outside of scrambling QBish type player.

And that's not really a knock on Robinson or the pick, it's just the reality...you can only run so many 'gimmick' plays to get the ball in the hands of a guy like that. You still have to run your 'normal offense' as well. And you have to sit there and watch our defense waste time getting blown up for a significant chunk of game time (at least for now).

My issue is more in having a pair of similar 'general playmaker' types on the roster in Ace and ShoelAce. If we wanna get the ball in both their hands over the course of a game...but still get the ball to B14mon and ShortsIII along with MJD who loves to carry the ball as often as possible...how many touches are there to go around...especially when you're talking how many 'gimmick' type touches are there?

Some of both of their touches are going to be just normal route tree catches. Not everything is going to be fancy stuff, and Shoelace is going to have some normal spell back runs as well. Sprinkle in Ace's returns, and a couple read option plays, and you're pushing 20 plays where they're involved, even if it isn't a direct touch.

- Best since day one -
Mich_fan20

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

- Best since day one -
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Some of both of their touches are going to be just normal route tree catches. Not everything is going to be fancy stuff, and Shoelace is going to have some normal spell back runs as well. Sprinkle in Ace's returns, and a couple read option plays, and you're pushing 20 plays where they're involved, even if it isn't a direct touch.

20 combined maybe.

I mean, we ran ~60something plays per game on offense last year. Hopefully we improve in that regard...but there's no way half our offensive plays go to a pair of gimmick guys.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta remember, it's just their rookie year too.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Gotta remember, it's just their rookie year too.

That's fair enough, and i'm not expecting them to light up the world as rookies. I mean, we're talking mid round picks.

But i still have my reservations about how both fit together long-term.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
iPwn wrote:

20 combined maybe.

I mean, we ran ~60something plays per game on offense last year. Hopefully we improve in that regard...but there's no way half our offensive plays go to a pair of gimmick guys.
Yeah, I meant combined between the two, and including kickoff/punt returns.

7-8 returns
4-5 targets to Ace on regular routes (would be about 40-50 catches on the season, depending on his catch rate, so it's certainly reasonable for a player)
2-4 read option/wildcat/reverses/RB pass/actual gadget plays
4-6 runs with Shoelace as a change of pace/breather to MJD, and this could go higher
2-3 passes to Shoelace out of the backfield

That's 20-26 touches pretty easily.

Then other plays that ulilize them as decoys. Make the team think you're goign to run a funky play and just have the QB air it out to Shorts when he gets single coverage because the teams are overpersuing the gadget.

- Best since day one -

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: