Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#132 - Detroit Selects - Devin Taylor DE South Carolina
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
I know what the wide 9 is.

Reason I said it's a COP is because no one else but us run it. So other teams have to prep for us specifically. I love the scheme and formation if we play a passing team like NE (We tore them up a few years ago in the PS and BB was pissed at his team over it). When we play a team running the readoption (not a gimmick) we will be tore up because you have to be disciplined.

I still dunno how options are gimmicks. You are reading the defense. That is like saying a pass play with more than 1 read is a gimmick.

A Gimmick is something you can't consistently get away with. How many times in a row can you run an end around? Or Statue of liberty play?

How many times can you run a pass play with multiple reads?

Not very often vs Often. That's why one's a gimmick and one is not.
Can't run anything consistently. Reason playbooks are so thick is because of this.

Sig bet
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

Reason I said it's a COP is because no one else but us run it. So other teams have to prep for us specifically. I love the scheme and formation if we play a passing team like NE (We tore them up a few years ago in the PS and BB was pissed at his team over it). When we play a team running the readoption (not a gimmick) we will be tore up because you have to be disciplined.

I still dunno how options are gimmicks. You are reading the defense. That is like saying a pass play with more than 1 read is a gimmick.

A Gimmick is something you can't consistently get away with. How many times in a row can you run an end around? Or Statue of liberty play?

Can't run anything consistently. Reason playbooks are so thick is because of this.

Im guessing the wildcat isnt a gimmick, than. Actually, by your definition, there's no such thing as a gimmick in football.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

Im guessing the wildcat isnt a gimmick, than. Actually, by your definition, there's no such thing as a gimmick in football.
There isn't.

Sig bet
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

There isn't.

Lol good bye.
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were 4 DE's that I thought could make a impact at the next level with us. Ansah, Caradine, Washington, and Taylor. We got two of them. Taylor has the ability to outproduce Ansah if everything comes together.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: