Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4th Round (125): Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Packers FTW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Ted definitely wanted a guy who was plenty accustomed to getting carries out of the gun!
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xDD80x wrote:
2012 YPC

4.6 DuJuan Harris
4.1 Ryan Grant
3.6 James Starks
3.5 Cedric Benson
3.4 Alex Green
2.7 John Kuhn

RBs tend to be the least "project player" friendly position.

harris also average 3.6 ypc in the postseason, what's your point?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
xDD80x wrote:
2012 YPC

4.6 DuJuan Harris
4.1 Ryan Grant
3.6 James Starks
3.5 Cedric Benson
3.4 Alex Green
2.7 John Kuhn

Yikes Kuhn...
McThreadski

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HawaiiFan808 wrote:

Yikes Kuhn...

Super yikes. I didn't realize he was that bad with the ball in his hands. I sure do love Kuhn, but I think my homerism needs a reality check. He just doesn't have much value beyond being durable when compared to other options.
svp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is not running the ball.
He is jump/crashing for first downs and goal line situations.

svp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but yeah get rid of Kuhn for the rookies.

GoPackGo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
but yeah get rid of Kuhn for TEBOW.

FIFY. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HawaiiFan808 wrote:
2012 YPC

4.6 DuJuan Harris
4.1 Ryan Grant
3.6 James Starks
3.5 Cedric Benson
3.4 Alex Green
2.7 John Kuhn

Quote:
Yikes Kuhn...

To be fair Kuhn is usually running on 3rd and 1 as the singleback when everyone knows he's running.

Quote:

Glean whatever you want from the stats. You just calling my position foolish and asking me to reiterate it is bad form.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Confused

i wasn't being disrespectful in any way. i was legit asking, what is your point?

you want to cut green because you don't like his YPC from one season, a season which he was coming back from an injury. yet when harris puts up the exact same YPC in the playoffs it should be ignored. i was legitimately asking what's the difference.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
He is not running the ball.
He is jump/crashing for first downs and goal line situations.

Yeah, that is pretty obvious... Use your heads guys Laughing

XBL: ShiiNyIV
G Harmon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
^^ Confused

i wasn't being disrespectful in any way. i was legit asking, what is your point?

you want to cut green because you don't like his YPC from one season, a season which he was coming back from an injury. yet when harris puts up the exact same YPC in the playoffs it should be ignored. i was legitimately asking what's the difference.
Not the same thing at all. Harris was finding yards in his first games consitently that Green couldnt even sniff. Green was tripping over his feet at times. Harris actually is a legit option and did well in the playoff game. Alex Green has never been a threat.

G.Harmon MLB #9
...Stop, You're Looking At Brilliance. G.G.T.G
deathstar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G Harmon wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
^^ Confused

Not the same thing at all. Harris was finding yards in his first games consitently that Green couldnt even sniff. Green was tripping over his feet at times. Harris actually is a legit option and did well in the playoff game. Alex Green has never been a threat.

Well, I don't think it's entirely accurate to say Green was tripping over his feet. It's not like he would start running and all of a sudden get ataxic and fall down. If you take a look at Green's logs he had plenty of games where he was running effectively. Now, not only was he running effectively but he was also blocking and catching the ball well.

Again I'm not saying he's a bell cow. And just because he's not, I don't think it's very fair to say he's a futile running back who can't go 3 yards without falling over himself. The guy did a lot of good things last year - they just didn't necessarily show up in the stat box.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally, i was still not very impressed with the run blocking either. once and awhile green would miss a hole, but overall, there was countless times there was absolutely nothing there.

you go from watching someone like the texans run block to the packers, it's like night and day.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathstar wrote:
G Harmon wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
^^ Confused

Well, I don't think it's entirely accurate to say Green was tripping over his feet. It's not like he would start running and all of a sudden get ataxic and fall down. If you take a look at Green's logs he had plenty of games where he was running effectively. Now, not only was he running effectively but he was also blocking and catching the ball well.

Again I'm not saying he's a bell cow. And just because he's not, I don't think it's very fair to say he's a futile running back who can't go 3 yards without falling over himself. The guy did a lot of good things last year - they just didn't necessarily show up in the stat box.
I can remember three times he just trip over his feet. sorry i cant site the games but yea it was bad. And i disagree it was "effecctive" Once dujuan and benson got in it was like our oline actually was decent at run blocking. I feel at running back you have vision or you dont. I dont think it just develops.

G.Harmon MLB #9
...Stop, You're Looking At Brilliance. G.G.T.G
spilltray

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G Harmon wrote:
deathstar wrote:
G Harmon wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
^^ Confused

I can remember three times he just trip over his feet. sorry i cant site the games but yea it was bad. And i disagree it was "effecctive" Once dujuan and benson got in it was like our oline actually was decent at run blocking. I feel at running back you have vision or you dont. I dont think it just develops.

The same Benson who is getting praise for a whopping 0.1 YPC improvement over Green? The OL wasn't getting crap open. He ran strong and mostly got what was there. He's not going to create on his own, but I still think the amount he offers in the passing game over Starks and Harris could win him a roster spot.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: